- American Gangster's Big Fifty touched down in Atlanta
- American Heart Assoc Admits "Dramatic Increase in Coronary Risk…after mRNA Shot." Mandate Is Murder
- Ship, Logos Hope Docks in Sierra Leone and Helps All For One Foundation Deliver Help Beyond Hope!
The new original Scripps Networks holiday movies for 2021:
- "Who is Christmas Eve?" - Premieres 8 p.m., Nov. 21
Eve Simmons (Paige Hurd, Power Book II: Ghost, Hawaii Five-O) was abandoned as an infant on the steps of a church 30 years ago on Christmas Eve. Now, struggling to move forward with her life, she embarks on a search to uncover the mystery of her birth with the help of her boyfriend Curtis (Romeo Miller, Romeo!, Empire) and famed investigative genealogist Pam Slaton (Juliana Harkavy, Arrow). The movie is inspired by actual events from Slaton's real-life cases, and she serves as a producer.
- "Christmas Down Under" - Premieres 8 p.m., Nov. 21
After a fight with her husband (Paul O'Brien, Home & Away, Neighbors), a tightly wound wife (Justine Kacir, Home & Away) follows him to his hometown of Sydney, Australia, in hopes of saving their marriage. Tracking him down proves complicated, and she must rely on an Aboriginal tour guide and a social media influencer ride-share driver to help - all just days before Christmas.
- "A Christmas Witness" - Premieres 8 p.m., Nov. 28
A no-nonsense federal marshal (Arielle Kebbel, Ballers, The Vampire Diaries) is tasked with protecting a low-level, charming mobster (Colin Egglesfield, Rizzoli & Isles, All My Children) until he testifies against his mafia boss two days after Christmas.
- "The Christmas Thief" - Premieres 8 p.m., Dec. 5
Lana Lawton (Michelle Borth, Hawaii Five-O), a fledgling private eye home for the holidays, realizes the only way to save her career is by solving a string of local burglaries where the main suspect is Santa Claus. With little evidence and having to contend with a local detective with an investigative style that clashes with hers, the season may prove to be anything but holly and jolly. Vivica A. Fox co-stars as the head of a local detective agency.
- "A New Lease on Christmas" - Premieres 8 p.m., Dec. 11
A single real estate agent (Clair Coffee, Grimm, Lincoln Rhymes - Hunt for the Bone Collector) falls for a handsome coffee shop owner (George Stults, 7th Heaven) - only to discover that the job she just took requires her to evict him from his shop.
In addition, Laff will air a week of primetime family-friendly holiday movies beginning Dec. 6 and Grit will present holiday-themed Westerns on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
More on Georgia Chron
- Food 2.0 Conference Unveils Its Dubai Schedule
- A Young Entrepreneur Gifts NYC Real Estate with a Tech-driven Real-estate Company
- Marketing 2.0 Conference Is Coming To Dubai In 2022
- PlayMaker Health Appoints New Product Leader
- Healthy Savannah Urges Donations Of Healthy Foods During Holidays
The E.W. Scripps Company (NASDAQ: SSP) is a diversified media company focused on creating a better-informed world. As the nation's fourth-largest local TV broadcaster, Scripps serves communities with quality, objective local journalism and operates a portfolio of 61 stations in 41 markets. The Scripps Networks reach nearly every American through the national news outlets Court TV and Newsy and popular entertainment brands ION, Bounce, Grit, Laff, Court TV Mystery, Defy TV and TrueReal. Scripps is the nation's largest holder of broadcast spectrum. Scripps runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and is the longtime steward of the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for decades to the motto, "Give light and the people will find their own way."
*Source: Nielsen Media Research, A25-54 C3 Impressions, 2020 (11/26/20 - 1/1/21), competitive set based on networks with original holiday movies, total day excluding kids programming.
Contact: Jim Weiss 770-672-6504 [email protected]
More on Georgia Chron
- Synovus Names Tom Dierdorff Head of Corporate & Investment Banking
- Aflac Chief Digital Information Officer Rich Gilbert Named a 2021 CIO of the Year® ORBIE Award Winner
- #StartSmall Backs Girls With Impact, Driving Equity and the Next Generation of Women Innovators
- Expert Sports Handicapper, Wunderdog, Launches Sports Betting Advice Video Series
- Best Cyber Monday Deals 2021- Continue Discount With Black Friday In Nadula
Filed Under: Business
Latest on Georgia Chron
- The MVP of PR, Deidre Gaskin, Launches New Website for Athletes, Entrepreneurs and Aspiring Publicists
- OncoBeta launches International Registry for Non-Melanoma Skin Cancer
- The Hipster Hound to Host Pet Photos with Santa on December 11
- Important Fine Art & Antiques at Shapiro Auctions Dec. 4
- Little Giant Farmer's Market Announces Launch Of EBT SNAP For Same-day Delivery Via Instacart
- The Legendary Smooth B Goes Double Platinum
- Dalton Carpet One Teams Up with Local Businesses to Launch 12 Days of Holiday Giveaways
- City of Atlanta to Open Warming Center Ahead of Frigid Weather
- powercloud forms strategic alliance with Advizzo
- Pvilion Awarded 3 Times for Architectural Designs
- Jutt and Natalie Howard of NG Turf Receive Outstanding Agribusiness Award
- Atlanta: Department of City Planning launches Creative Bike Parking application
- One Bark Stop: Premium Products For Your Pup That Will Have Them Wagging Their Tail
- Macon: Commissioners earn state certification
- QView Medical maintains leadership position in AI-powered breast cancer screening technology through alliance with GE Healthcare
- Bay Point Advisors Closes $12.5M Acquisition Loan for Riverfront Redevelopment Site in Vancouver, Washington
- Bark Technologies Expands Online Safety Service To South Africa
- Nemko to acquire Professional Testing (EMI), Inc., an accredited and distinguished product testing organization
- Are you ready to get started in Canadian real estate wholesaling?
- UNice Hair Drops The Best And Biggest Black Friday Deals 2021