- Free Future Legal Eagles Flight School National Pre-Law Summit for Black Youth and Parents Launches This Week
- Atlanta: Update on City Pools
- Prepare your child for the Olympics of Education
55 Trinity Avenue, Suite 2500 • Atlanta, Georgia 30303
City Expands Demolition Lien Foreclosure Program
ATLANTA—Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms announced an expansion of the City's demolition lien foreclosure efforts to expedite the development of affordable housing throughout the city.
In addition to the deed in-lieu of foreclosure initiative created in 2020 to expedite the development of demo lien properties, the new expansion allows for the immediate development of the demo lien properties for for-sale affordable housing.
"The expansion of the demolition lien program will assist with the immediate development of affordable housing and will help prevent the displacement of our legacy residents," said Mayor Bottoms.
The program is a partnership with the Metro Atlanta Land Bank and Invest Atlanta that allows the City to receive property deeds in lieu of foreclosure on properties with municipal demolition liens placed against them to abate nuisance, health, and safety violations. This expansion adds another alternative for owners of problem properties to come into compliance. The City will provide a conditional lien extinguishment for certain eligible owners in exchange for the development of for-sale affordable housing on-site. The program will be administered by the Department of City Planning's Office of Housing and Community Development (OHCD).
More on Georgia Chron
- Industry opportunities grow in Macon-Bibb with new medicinal cannabis cultivation and production facility
- Superhero Fans Wanted at Worthy One Store Shop Til You Drop
- Macon: Public Forums on changes to the Alcohol Code
- WestRock Announces Quarterly Dividend of $0.24 Per Share
- Innovative learning blasts into the future
The Mayor's One Atlanta: Housing Affordability Action Plan Progress Report can be viewed online here.
For more information about the City of Atlanta, please visit www.atlantaga.gov or watch City Channel 26. Follow the City of Atlanta on Facebook and Twitter @CityofAtlanta.
Latest on Georgia Chron
- Macon: Dinking, driving, and donating for Brookdale Warming Center
- BitPay Adds Litecoin to Expand Coin Integrations
- Liquid CORE® Gum Company, Inspired by Iconic Big Waves at Nazaré, Announces Plans to Develop European Factory and HQ in Portugal
- Psychologist Dr. Amy Stark Releases Two Guided Meditations
- NEW Innovative Mobility Device: Zeen® Disrupts Walker/Wheelchair Industries
- Blue Marble Video Selected as Agency of Record by Georgia Department of Economic Development
- ECONYL® Online Platform Launches for Conscious Consumers
- eVolve MEP and PypeServer Introduce Pipe Spool Export Plugin
- Filmmaker Kevin Stirling's New Doc "HUBBLE SPACE WONDERS" To Screen Coast-Coast at Woods Hole, Oregon Doc Film Fests; Wins Top REMI at Worldfest-HOU
- National Vision Holdings, Inc. Announces Second Quarter 2021 Earnings Release and Conference Call
- Chicago Gospel Heritage Music Museum and The Spin Awards form strategic alliance
- Get ready for the Olympics of Virtual Learning
- Introducing Mobile First Templates by SlideUpLift
- Live music Noche Caliente Latin Night Atlanta w/ Red Wine Latin Band Aug 7th
- Center Parc Credit Union announces local partners for construction of new flagship financial center
- Ironside Human Resources Celebrates 10 Years
- Atlanta: Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms Issues Executive Order Requiring Mask Use in All Public Places While Indoors
- Moving Companies Struggle to Keep Up With High Demand: New Survey From moveBuddha.com Reveals
- Governor Kemp, Attorney General Carr Issue Statement on State's Response to DOJ Lawsuit Targeting Georgia's Election Integrity Act
- Vandi Lynnae Announces New Single 'Dancing Through The Rain'