- Arizona Attorney and Navy Veteran Wife Launch New Youtube Channel About Auto Injury Law
- The Promise Homes Company, Largest Black-Owned Single-Family Rental Company in the U.S., Secures $200 Million Debt Facility From Barings
- Georgia: Gov. Kemp Appoints Two New Regents
55 Trinity Avenue, Suite 2500 • Atlanta, Georgia 30303
Department of City Planning launches Creative Bike Parking application
Applications for the next round of 'Love our Places' are open until December 31
ATLANTA—The Department of City Planning's Love Our Places program (formally known as the Placemaking program) will provide an opportunity for high-impact areas to have creative bike parking throughout Atlanta. Applications are now being accepted through December 31, 2021.
Love Our Places uses low cost, high impact interventions as a tool for residents and community organizations to create public spaces in their communities. The initiative aims to re-design Atlanta's streets through tactical urbanism. Past projects range from artistic crosswalks to parking spaces redesigned as on-street dining.
"We must reexamine the way that we look at transportation. Creative bike parking will increase Atlantan's options for transportation, support sustainable lifestyles and reflect community identity through interpretive art," said Commissioner of City Planning Tim Keane.
More on Georgia Chron
- Taking Aerial Marketing To New Heights
- Star-Studded Fundraising Event To Celebrate Harry Belafonte's 95th Birthday & 10th Anniversary of Sankofa.org
- Rainbow Village Welcomes Three New Members to its Board of Directors
- Fortune Secure Signing Services now offers Apostille services
- Upcoming Family Office Executive Education Program at the University of Denver
Bike corrals or sidewalk-level bike parking structures will include amenities like bike racks, asphalt art, and bike repair stations and will be awarded through a competitive application process. Awardees can expect to have bike corrals installed beginning in Spring 2022.
To learn more about the Love Our Places program and to view the Bike Corral application, visit www.atlcitydesign.com/bike-parking.
For more information about the City of Atlanta, please visit www.atlantaga.gov or watch City Channel 26. Follow the City of Atlanta on Facebook and Twitter @CityofAtlanta.
Latest on Georgia Chron
- Legal Consultation App Lawmato Hires First General Counsel and Director of Operations
- Diversified Roofing Solutions Brings to Town Quick and Efficient Roof Installation and Repair Services
- New AxiaGram Mobile Communication App by HiMS Provides Health Care Professionals Ability to Transform Where, When and How Patient Care is Delivered
- Avra, Inc. Announces 2022 Expansion, Plans Rapid Expansion Of Clinics In US
- Bark Technologies Releases 2021 Annual Report
- PhaseZero Offers CxAnalytics and Data-as-a-Service Solution with Roadmap to Deliver Enterprise AI Applications for Manufacturing Companies
- SecurCapital Corp announces major Q1 portfolio expansion
- MODEX-The Biggest Manufacturing and Supply Chain Event of 2022 is Coming to Atlanta March 28-31
- Window acquires Fintech Drift to provide differentiated insights into the future of finance and ESG
- The Spin Awards announces the Dope Women In Radio Virtual Press Conference
- First Dog Stop: Your Dog Deserves The Best Care, Start Here With Premium Dog Products
- Top InsurTech Startup Pendella Expands Into PEO Market With Employ Source
- Turkey VPS with KVM Hypervisor Windows or Linux Cloud Hosting Solution by Onlive Server
- FLOURYSH, an eCommerce Marketplace, Launches to Elevate Black-Owned Brands and Support Black Culture
- Anue Water and D & H Water Systems Expand Coverage to All California, Arizona & Nevada
- Reading stimulates cognitive energizes to remove limitations
- Edge Computing Tech Company StrongNode.io Enters the World of Crypto Mobile Apps in Partnership with Dopamine
- Georgia Power restores service to 110,000+ customers Sunday
- Georgia: Ahead of Winter Storm System, Gov. Kemp Declares State of Emergency
- Life of Consequences Feature Film Screening Scheduled