- INROADS Joins the APEX Museum to Connect Students to a Virtual STEM Enrichment Program
- Paul Sinacore Casting LLC Launches Focusing on Diversity, Inclusion as Hollywood Opens Up to Real People
- HRASimple Helps Employers Take Full Advantage of ICHRA
55 Trinity Avenue, Suite 2500 • Atlanta, Georgia 30303
Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms Announces City's First Emergency Medical Services Micro Station
ATLANTA—Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms announced the construction of the city's first-ever Emergency Medical Services (EMS) Micro Station. The EMS Station—to be constructed on City-owned property on the Southside at 4532 Campbellton Road—would shorten EMS response times for the community. Generally, 85 to 90 percent of all Atlanta Fire Rescue Department (AFRD) calls are EMS related.
"The Southwest Atlanta community has long needed enhanced emergency services in the area. This innovative expansion of public safety and emergency City services will ensure that residents have quality medical assistance nearby during their time of need," said Mayor Bottoms.
Normally, the construction of a new fire station can cost upward of $15 million. Utilizing City-owned property to construct a reduced-scale EMS facility has the potential of a 60 percent savings for taxpayers. The Administration will also engage the Atlanta Fire Rescue Foundation to assess any additional private sector funding.
More on Georgia Chron
- Macon: Storm Scoop: Shelter in Place
- Macon: Historic Vineville, Napier Heights come together to clean streets
- Popmenu Raises $65M Funding Round Led by Tiger Global to Accelerate A.I.-Powered Digital Solution for Restaurants
- Albuquerque Entertainment Has Reopened in A Way That is Out of This World
- Macon: Mayor, KMBB encourage neighborhoods to take part in July 24 community-wide cleanup
"As a health professional, I know firsthand how minutes and seconds can mean the difference between life and death," said District 1 Councilmember Carla Smith. "Thank you to all involved in this vital investment in our communities."
For more information about the City of Atlanta, please visit www.atlantaga.gov or watch City Channel 26. Follow the City of Atlanta on Facebook and Twitter @CityofAtlanta.
Latest on Georgia Chron
- Encompass and Telestream Partner to Provide a Unique and Powerful Media & Entertainment Targeted Storage Solution in Altitude Media Cloud
- Inclusive Streaming Service, Fearless, Goes Global
- Consumer51 launches new brand identity and website for Dataflix
- Torres Law Named Trade & Customs Law Firm of the Year
- MyGeorgia Credit Union to Host Community-Based Blood Drives at Four Branches
- Technology Association of Georgia Announces Final Agenda for Fintech South
- Philips SpeechLive meets the need for speed with increased efficiencies in speech recognition
- The Current GA Funds Coastal Environmental Lab
- Georgia: Gov. Kemp Announces Plug Power Opening Green Manufacturing Plant in Camden County
- Veteran Technology Attorney Lori L. Wright Joins AGG
- Retired Army Officer Writes Wealth Building Military Transition Guide for Service Members
- Atlanta: City Enters Phase 4 of Reopening on Wednesday
- Georgia Announces Sale of $1.097 Billion in General Obligation Bonds
- retailX to Host Premier Trade Event of 2021
- Freeman Joins eVolve MEP Team as VP of Product
- NATP offers education on two major post-tax season issues
- Mencom Introduces New Universal RJ45 Adapter For MIXO Series
- Gov. Kemp Announces Technical Skills Training Commitment to Prepare 5,500 Georgians for Cloud Computing Careers
- Ski Johnson To Begin Jazz For Life Tour June 15th St. John, USVi
- Milestone: With Over 20 Million Broadband Gateways Deployed, Technicolor Connected Home Demonstrates Leadership Across RDK Community