55 Trinity Avenue, Suite 2500 • Atlanta, Georgia 30303
Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms Announces First Bike Lane Pop-up on 10th Street
Atlanta's first step towards safer streets begins with innovation and rapid implementation
ATLANTA – Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms announced Atlanta's first-ever bike lane pop-up. The City of Atlanta will partner with Midtown Alliance to install a temporary pop-up bike lane on 10th Street. This demonstration project is a first step in addressing safety as part of the Bottoms Administration's Action Plan for Safer Streets across Atlanta.
"Less than two weeks ago, we announced our Action Plan for Safer Streets," said Mayor Bottoms. "Today, we are taking action with an innovative rapid deployment to bring changes faster while allowing us to use data to measure the project's impact and success."
More on Georgia Chron
- Estate & Asset Protection Law Firm Founder Victoria Collier Talks Digital Asset Protection
- Lucd Partners with BrownStone Advisory for Launch of AI Sales and Marketing Enablement Platform
- "The Disney Planner 2020: The TO DO List Solution" Helps Disney Fans to Get Organized, Make Things Happen and Be Inspired
- Former Deputy Director of the National Security Agency Chris Inglis Joins the RangeForce Advisory Board
- CEO Coaching International Congratulates Client Tangram Insurance for Being Honored by Great Place to Work
Starting Saturday October 19th, the City will install a one-way, westbound bike lane from Myrtle Street to Juniper Street in Midtown, connecting the ends of two existing bike facilities. This pop-up will improve connectivity in the bike network while providing a direct, safe route for people riding bikes and scooters to get from the BeltLine to Peachtree Street. The lane will be separated from traffic by a temporary protective barrier, and a combination of signage and markings will alert people to bus access points and car crossings. The installation will last for one week, ending on Saturday October 26th.
An open house session to review the plans with the community will take place this Thursday, October 10th, 2019 at Midtown Alliance offices from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. The City, Midtown Alliance, and members of the community will work together to install the project and collect data on bike and scooter ridership, safety, community impacts, and car traffic. This information will help transportation officials better understand impacts of such infrastructure changes on the surrounding community. Findings will be shared as part of ongoing city-wide engagement for safer streets designs across the city.
This pop-up marks the first step towards implementing the Action Plan for Safer Streets. By the end of 2021, the City of Atlanta aims to triple its on-street protected bike network while making safety improvements to more than 20 miles of streets.
More on Georgia Chron
- NCC Group Joins Global Cyber Security Alliance for Operational Technology
- PaperFin Creates Innovative Method to Print Fish
- CASE STUDY: How Swisscom Masters The Complex World Of Device Centric Services - Using The Axiros Open Device Management
- Remote Home Check Launches One Point—The Only Proactive Senior Care Monitoring Solution
- Pixodust Games Announces The Release of Their Last Mobile Game: Rocket Star Idle Tycoon
For more information about the City of Atlanta, please visit www.atlantaga.gov or watch City Channel 26. Follow the City of Atlanta on Facebook and Twitter @CityofAtlanta. Follow Mayor Bottoms on Facebook and Twitter @KeishaBottoms
Latest on Georgia Chron
- California CRV is Finished! Or is it?
- Eastern Market Staple Gets a New Location - Discount Candles & Blessings
- RedLine Athletics Announces the Grand Opening for its Arlington Cooper, Texas Location
- Country Music's Vivacious and Admired Tanya Tucker to Return to Mill Town Music Hall
- Evolve IP Named for Third Consecutive Year To Gartner's 2019 Magic Quadrant for Contact Center as a Service, North America
- Atlanta IT Firm Celebrates 10 Years of Success
- Lucd Partners with AI Satellitez to improve customer experience for model creation in the Enterprise
- Rugby ATL Season tickets on sale, newest & toughest national Sport now in Atlanta
- Zuckerbergs' Facebook Unfolding Second Act, Doc Olivia P. Friedman Weighs In
- SFA Therapeutics, Inc. To Present At Bio Investors Forum
- Braeden Lichti: Investing in Anti-Aging and Rejuvenation Biotechnology
- MC Companies Prescribes Happy and Healthy Lifestyles To Employees And Residents
- Weinstein Spira Announces Multiple Promotions
- La Marketplace B2B de Trace One pour booster les ventes et l'innovation dans l'univers du retail et des PGC
- Darien Communications Converting From Cable to IPTV
- Woolrior Announces Merino Environmentally Friendly Socks
- Lucd.ai Named "Cool Vendor" by Gartner
- The FMD Group Appoints New President - Mike Waters Joins The FMD Group
- Dr. Tracey R. Harris Debuts Anti-Abuse Book, Domestic Violence...Not On My Watch
- Lantek to present six educational sessions at FABTECH 2019