- Atlanta: Statement on Passing of General Colin L. Powell
- Atlanta: Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms' Legislative Priorities including Centennial Yards Redevelopment, a Low-Income Housing Water Assistance Program, and Equal and Small Businesses Opportunity Programs, Advance
- Arizona Israel Technology Alliance Names Mara Pernick as CEO
55 Trinity Avenue, Suite 2500 • Atlanta, Georgia 30303
Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms Hosts U.S. Secretary of Labor Marty Walsh for Black Women Building Back Better Roundtable
ATLANTA—Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms hosted U.S. Secretary of Labor Marty Walsh for a Black Women Building Back Better Roundtable.
"To have Secretary Walsh in Atlanta really speaks to the value that the Biden Administration sees in the state of Georgia and our city," Mayor Bottoms told those in attendance. "The great part of having the Secretary here is that he served as a mayor, and he understands the needs of our communities in a way that many leaders simply cannot."
Secretary Walsh and Mayor Bottoms spoke with several Atlanta community stakeholders about the economic challenges women of color face—including the alarming gender wage gap, the need for public investment in childcare, expanding opportunity for women entrepreneurs, the unique challenges brought on by the COVID-19 pandemic and more.
Mayor Bottoms also spoke to her Administration's investments in workforce development programs like WorkSource Atlanta and Set South—which connect underserved and unemployed Atlantans to careers.
More on Georgia Chron
- Macon: It's here! Let's clean our streets together
- Macon: Staff Spotlight: Parks and Beautification
- Macon-Bibb Fire Department to get new training facility
- Macon: Upgrades coming to Brookdale Resource Center
- Beautyforever Hair Halloween Sale: Up to 58% Off
Thursday, Mayor Bottoms will hold a press conference to discuss the closing of the Centennial Yards redevelopment project. The landmark development includes historic and innovative community investments negotiated by the Bottoms Administration.
Also included is funding for the Mayor's Child Savings Account program, an anti-displacement fund, the establishment of a small business hub and the Mayor's for Guaranteed Income pilot program.
For more information about the City of Atlanta, please visit www.atlantaga.gov or watch City Channel 26. Follow the City of Atlanta on Facebook and Twitter @CityofAtlanta.
Latest on Georgia Chron
- Security Guard Services & Private Investigation Services & Security Systems Services - In Toronto, Mississauga, Brampton, Ajax, - LiGER Security
- 16:20 ET Evan Holyfield debuts new partnership with The Georgia Hemp Company
- Automation Intellect Closes a Major Funding Round
- CBC Releases Leica Geosystems BLK247 Smart 3D Surveillance System now available in two versions and integrated with CORTROL VMS
- City of Atlanta Awarded $25,000 for Adams Park Pedestrian Safety from Bloomberg Philanthropies
- Nutrition Industry Executive Awarded Runner-Up for NIE 2021 Award Category: Excipients/Non-Actives/Delivery Systems to Stratum Nutrition's VitaSperse
- Detroit's Romantic Dramedy 'Match Made' Burns Up the Screens and Touches the Soul
- VORAGO Technologies Announces Two New Radiation-Hardened Microcontrollers for Aerospace and Defense
- Parallel Breaks Ground on Apartment Project at Northgate
- 11:07 ET Scripps Networks celebrates the holidays with five new original movies on ION and Bounce
- myLAB Box Offers Self-Testing to Help People Regain Their Everyday Lives
- Tri-Service Open Architecture Interoperability Demonstration to Focus on Modular Open Systems Approach (MOSA) Innovations in March 2022 Event
- Spark Design Awards 2021 Deadline Breaking News
- Shot by Somi Studios Hosts Shots & Headshots Event to Benefit United Way Annual Campaign
- Professional Model Holly Sonders Has a New Love Life with Oscar de la Hoya and is Taking Social Media by Storm Making Six Figures a Month
- Macon: Ryland Environmental to begin providing collection services in January 2022
- Georgia: Gov. Kemp Attends Groundbreaking of $220M+ Solar Facility in Lee County
- Author Tackles Smalltown Drug Use and Mental Illness in Gripping New Novel
- George Stieglitz - Century Fasteners Corp. Co-Founder and Fastener Industry Trailblazer, Dies
- Atlanta Expands Recycling Program to Include Paper Cups with New Partnership