55 Trinity Avenue, Suite 2500 • Atlanta, Georgia 30303
Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms Orders Postponement of Meetings of City Boards, Commissions and Similar Bodies
ATLANTA—Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms issued an Executive Order postponing all meetings of City of Atlanta boards, authorities, commissions, committees or similar bodies which are scheduled to occur in City Hall or other City facilities.
Any meetings of the bodies subject to this Order may resume once City Hall and other City facilities reopen to the public.
"While the City continues to operate and carry out critical and essential functions, we must take every measure possible to prevent the spread of COVID-19 infections," said Mayor Bottoms.
You can view Mayor Bottoms' Order online here.
Today's Order is the latest action taken by Mayor Bottoms to slow the spread of COVID-19 in the City of Atlanta.
Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms issued an Executive Order instituting a temporary order for those individuals within the territorial jurisdictional limits of the City of Atlanta to stay in their place of residence.
More on Georgia Chron
- Macon: Commissioners Tillman & Watkins holding Race & Politics forum via Zoom
- Statement of Support for our Black Community
- Panel Built's Prefabricated Shelters Adapted to Form Covered Walkways
- Sinclair Broadcast Group's Commercial Deployment of ATSC 3.0 in Las Vegas Features High Dynamic Range Technology from Technicolor
- Company aims to save homeless pets during pandemic by empowering indy pet stores to reward adoption
Mayor Bottoms issued an Executive Order calling for the closure of all bars and nightclubs that do not serve food, gyms and fitness centers, movie theaters, live performance venues, bowling alleys, and arcades, and private social clubs, located within the territorial jurisdictional limits of the City of Atlanta. However, restaurants and other eating and drinking establishments where food is served may continue preparing and offering food to customers via delivery service, drive-through, or take-out.
Mayor Bottoms issued an Administrative Order directing the Atlanta Police Department to refrain from enforcing prohibitions against the sale of unopened wine or malt beverages by the package for off premises consumption by restaurants and other eating and drinking establishments licensed for the sale of those beverages.
To combat the COVID-19 health threat, Mayor Bottoms issued an Executive Order prohibiting public gatherings and events of 50 or more persons within the City of Atlanta until March 31.
Mayor Bottoms also issued a directive for the Centers of Hope Afterschool program to continue to provide free meals to all students who rely on them throughout the closure of schools. For more information on the Centers of Hope Afterschool Program and Registration, please visit the Official Website.
The City has also posted prevention information and additional resources related to COVID-19 on its website here.
More on Georgia Chron
- North Georgia Community Comes Together for the Families of Rainbow Village
- First & Only Urine Test For Colon Polyps Expands Across The US
- Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms Creates Advisory Council to Examine Atlanta's Use of Force Policies and Procedures
- Mitsubishi Electric Trane HVAC US Shares Simple Tips to Give Your Bedroom A Style Boost
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Atascadero, CA Opens
Chief among the City's guidance to residents and visitors are the following preventative measures:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer. Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands. Avoid close contact with people who are sick. Stay home when you are sick. Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash. Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces. If you have recently returned from a country with ongoing COVID-19 infections monitor your health and follow the instructions of public health officials
Recommended CDC safety guidelines can be found online here.
For more information about the City of Atlanta, please visit www.atlantaga.gov or watch City Channel 26. Follow the City of Atlanta on Facebook and Twitter @CityofAtlanta.
Latest on Georgia Chron
- Can chiropractic care benefit the immune system?
- St. Vrain Valley School District's Award-Winning Charter School
- Gwinnett's Seaboard Junction Well-Poised for Summer Move-Ins
- Georgia: Media Advisory: Gov. Kemp, State Officials to Give Update on COVID-19
- Etgar 36 Announces Socially Distant Summer Civil Rights Journeys
- Skills Training Group - Now Delivering First Aid Training
- Johnson Investment Counsel's Pandemic and Business Continuity Planning Enables Employees to Work Anywhere
- Dr. Lettsome Renews His South Carolina Professional Engineering License
- Boston Industrial Solutions, Inc. introduces Volta™ M150 1-color tabletop pad printer machine for tagless printing
- Canadian Supply Chain Software Firm Sees Strong Focus on Their Systems' Native Paperless Features Among Existing and Future Clients
- 2020 US Presidential Election - Will Trump get re-elected? - Vedic Astrology Analysis
- Author Marvin Terry Rucker announces the release of his autobiography, Snatched Out of the Hand of the Enemy; his unadulterated testimony
- St. Paul Organization Serving African American Men Reflects On Its Mission of Navigating Systemic Racism
- Award-Winning Short Film Aims To Promote Suicide Awareness And Prevention
- Atlanta: Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms Issues an Executive Order to Extend Hazard Pay for Frontline City Employees
- New Hampshire Company Offers Technology to Automate Social Distance Monitoring and Contact Tracing
- MGN Logistics, Inc. Announces stock purchases in Transportation and Logistics Systems, Inc
- Los Angeles Based, 8th Floor LLC & ChildFaceMask.com Give Back to the Community While Protecting Children from COVID-19, Viruses, Allergies, & more
- OCI Announces Appointment of Dr. Luke Matranga, Former President of Academy of General Dentistry, to OCI Dental Advisory Board
- Limitless Herbal Ltd Closes on Multi-Million Dollar CBD Deal