55 Trinity Avenue, Suite 2500 • Atlanta, Georgia 30303
Atlanta Mayor's Office Offers Memorial Day Safety Tips Amid COVID-19
Mayor Bottoms encourages residents to stay healthy and safe throughout the holiday
ATLANTA—The Office of Atlanta Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms has issued Memorial Day Safety Tips to help protect residents against the spread of COVID-19, and to encourage healthy and safe engagement throughout the holiday weekend.
"Memorial Day is an opportunity to honor the selfless sacrifice of our nation's fallen heroes," said Mayor Bottoms. "As we pay tribute to those who laid down their lives for this great country, we encourage everyone to prioritize the health and wellbeing of their families in a season of outdoor activity."
Chief among the City's guidance to residents and visitors are the following preventative measures to help Atlantans stay healthy and safe:
More on Georgia Chron
- Statement on Demonstrations in Atlanta
- Enmarket Opens Store of the Future in Savannah
- Macon: FY20 Budget earns top national honor
- Macon: Operations & Finance Committee continues review of budget, prepares for Public Hearing
- Macon joins 9 other US cities in national effort to radically reimagine public spaces
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer. Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands. Avoid close contact with people who are sick. Stay home when you are sick. Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash. Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces. If you have recently returned from a country with ongoing COVID-19 infections monitor your health and follow the instructions of public health officials
A full list of recommended CDC safety guidelines can be found online here.
More on Georgia Chron
- Local Social Movement Recognized for Impact on Health Policies that Save Lives
- Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms Announces ATLStrong COVID-19 Relief Donations to Help Atlanta Residents with Rental Assistance
- STARK Industries, LLC Awarded NASA JPL - VITAL Ventilator Manufacturing License to Combat the Global COVID-19 Crisis
- Macon: Tennis Academy Summer Camps set to begin
- Evolve IP Offers Rapid Deployment of Desktop as a Service to Ingram Micro Partners
To view additional recommendations to help you navigate a safe and healthy Memorial Day weekend, follow the City of Atlanta on Facebook and Twitter @CityofAtlanta and on Instagram @CityofAtlantaga.
For more information about the City of Atlanta, please visit www.atlantaga.gov or watch City Channel 26. Follow the City of Atlanta on Facebook and Twitter @CityofAtlanta.
Latest on Georgia Chron
- Omy de Oro 'The King of Punchlines' signs with Caroline, becomes first Puerto Rican artist to release a solo dembow track 'Cash'
- NS4ed Customizes District Market Needs for Nebraska Schools
- CEO Coaching International Congratulates Fintech Startup Client Airfox on Acquisition by Retail Giant
- Natural Hair Salon Pivots Amid COVID-19 Crisis
- Uply Media, Inc Launches MortgageCalculators.Crypto World's First DWeb Mortgage Calculator
- Lilly Morgan Selected for Internship at Carriage Trade Public Relations®, Inc
- Home Depot's Michelle Livingstone Joins Rainbow Village Board of Directors
- Mencom introduce the new MIXO ONE series enclosures for single-sized MIXO modules
- Art of Brooklyn Film Fest Powers Interactive Digital Edition with New Tech
- Digital Fans Drive Demand for Integrated Audio Visual Experiences Throughout Live Event Venues
- Author Matthew Neill Davis Relaunches "The Art of Preventing Stupid", 99¢ on Amazon Kindle - One week only
- Pirate Chain Creates Worlds First Z to Z-only Mobile Wallet
- HRKS Launches New "Career Blueprint" Program To Assist Employees Effected By Covid 19
- LexisNexis Risk Solutions Positioned as a Leader in Risk-Based Authentication Report
- Georgia: Huali Floors to Create 315 Jobs, Invest More than $27 Million in Murray County
- INI and CTIntegrations Create Secure Payment Solution
- Dr. Gordon Isbell, III, Past Chair American Dental Association, ADPAC Board Appointed Co-Chairman OCI Dental Advisory Board
- Dot Cromwell Drops "Ghost Ride" to Kickoff Monthly Releases
- Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms Announces Atlanta Enters Phase II of Reopening Plan and Issues Administrative Order to Develop Guidelines for City Actions
- Lineus Medical Completes $1.25M Series B Tranche 1