- Oakmont Dentist, Dr. Jason Choorapuzha Remains Committed to Excellence Through Continuing Education
- Macon: Next Level students learn about government, get recognition
- Macon: Central Georgia CASA begins training newest cohort of volunteers
55 Trinity Avenue, Suite 2500 • Atlanta, Georgia 30303
Statement on Vine City Walmart Reopening
ATLANTA—Mayor Andre Dickens issued the following statement on Walmart's announcement that it will reopen a Walmart Neighborhood Market in Vine City.
"Food and nutrition security for Atlanta families is a moral right for our communities. The intersection of Martin Luther King Jr. Drive & Joseph E. Lowery Blvd is a nexus of multiple NW and SW Atlanta communities with seniors, children, students and thousands of individuals and households who already lack accessible options for fresh, affordable food.
"I and my team engaged Walmart directly to ensure this store would reopen. Thank you to Councilmember Byron Amos, my Chief of Staff Odie Donald II and everyone involved to ensure Vine City and the surrounding community have one added layer of food security they deserve while we continue to build a more resilient and sustainable Atlanta.
More on Georgia Chron
- SignatureFD Announces Partner Promotions as They Continue to Grow Client Base
- Equifax Announces Earnings Release Date and Conference Call for Fourth Quarter 2022 Results
- Nationally Recognized Publicist Clorissa Wright-Thomas Releases Virtual PR Courses
- Savannah Based Colonial Oil Industries Acquires Strickland Oil Company
- Multi #1 International Best-Selling Author Jennifer S. Wilkov Announces the 2023 April Speak Up Women Conference and Call For Speakers
"The City will continue our work with Walmart and community stakeholders on the appropriate use of the Howell Mill store site and job placement for the affected employees.
"We continue the City's goal of ensuring all residents have fresh, affordable food within a half mile of their homes."
For more information about the City of Atlanta, please visit www.atlantaga.gov or watch City Channel 26. Follow the City of Atlanta on Facebook and Twitter @CityofAtlanta.
Latest on Georgia Chron
- Red House Named 2023 Top B2B Marketing Agency
- Filming in Downtown Macon through Wednesday, February 1
- Bottled Ambrosia Launches to Provide Access to the Best European Organic Baby Formulas for US and Canadian Families
- Primerica Schedules Fourth Quarter 2022 Financial Results Webcast
- Bicycle Rides Across Georgia Announces Route for 2023 Big BRAG Ride
- ezPaycheck Software Automates 2023 Payroll for Small Businesses in Georgia
- Agency Spotter Announces Expansion Into IT & Development Services
- Georgia: Governor Brian P. Kemp's 2023 State of the State Address
- Quarterra Announces the Opening of Emblem Riverside Apartments
- OSC Edge Earns Recurring Spot on Washington Technology's 2022 Fast 50 List and Rewards Employees with Additional Bonus
- Yida Gao, Shima Capital Recognized for Prolific Deal Activity
- Southern California Real Estate Agent Promotes Homes To MORE Buyers For MORE Money
- Can Massage Therapy Be an Effective Treatment for Long Haul COVID?
- Black Music and Entertainment Walk of Fame Announces it's Black History Month Class of Inductees
- Keisha Taylor Starr named as Scripps' new chief marketing officer
- Scientist discover a very effective ingredient to lose weight at a fast pace
- Insight Sourcing Group's Annual Year-in-Review Highlights Accomplishments of 2022
- Islamic Speakers Bureau Of Atlanta Leadership Institute Announces Class Of 2023
- STS Capital Partners Announces Sean Friday as New Chief Executive Officer
- BASF and Cargill further expand their partnership to offer high-performance enzyme solutions to animal protein producers in the United States