- Oakmont Dentist, Dr. Jason Choorapuzha Remains Committed to Excellence Through Continuing Education
- Macon: Next Level students learn about government, get recognition
- Macon: Central Georgia CASA begins training newest cohort of volunteers
Open Streets Macon is designed to give people the opportunity to experience vibrant, people-oriented streets while encouraging engagement with the immediate neighborhood communities located on and around the route. By temporarily closing the street to motorized vehicles, people of all ages, abilities, and backgrounds can get together to re-imagine how we use our public spaces. Citizens are encouraged to enjoy Macon's streets by bringing their bicycles, strollers, skateboards, hula-hoops, and pets, and enjoying a variety of art, music, and wellness activities along the entire car-free route.
This 2023 route has been selected with input and support from District 2 Commissioner, Paul Bronson, and the need to focus on areas within our community that have often been overlooked. "Houston Avenue is a major artery in the blood flow of this city and should be intentionally cared for, and this is one of the many steps to show that we do. Having the opportunity to see and volunteer with Bike Walk Macon's Open Streets initiative opened my eyes to a different approach to teaching and shifting the minds of our community when it comes to pedestrian and bike safety. I believe that this event will do the same for our children, families, and business owners in the area while opening the door of discussion for future projects," says Commissioner Bronson.
More on Georgia Chron
- Jim Wilson, Top Notch Realtor in waterfront and beach properties in Redington, Redington Shores, and North Redington Beach, FLorida
- SignatureFD Announces Partner Promotions as They Continue to Grow Client Base
- Equifax Announces Earnings Release Date and Conference Call for Fourth Quarter 2022 Results
- Nationally Recognized Publicist Clorissa Wright-Thomas Releases Virtual PR Courses
- Savannah Based Colonial Oil Industries Acquires Strickland Oil Company
"Bike Walk Macon has been very supportive in our mission to educate our citizens about pedestrian and cyclist safety. The Open Streets initiative indirectly and in many cases directly influences the call for stop signs, speed-calming devices, and a number of actions taken by our government to ensure the safety of our community," continues Commissioner Bronson. "Hosting the Open Street Macon event on Houston Avenue can bridge the gap, build a healthier community, and bring our city closer."
Open Streets Macon welcomes the entire community to explore the route and connect with neighbors. Attendees can hop on the route at any point –there is no start or end –and experience reimagined streets at their own pace. Local organizations and businesses will offer participatory experiences along the route and in activity hubs.
Want to get involved with Open Streets Macon?
- Organize an activity on the day | Participants will have the opportunity to take part in free activities such as sports, exercise classes and other health and wellness activities. Open Streets Macon will be seeking residents, businesses and community partners to provide programming such as yoga, dance, basketball and kid- and senior-friendly activities along the route. openstreetsmacon.com/activitypartners
- Join the volunteer team | In order to make this a safe and enjoyable event for all, Open Streets Macon needs dozens of dedicated volunteers to help bring the streets of Macon to life. openstreetsmacon.com/volunteer
For more information about Open Streets Macon and partnership opportunities, visit www.openstreetsmacon.com. For questions and media inquiries, contact Kaylee Pruitt at email@example.com or 478-832-3324.
More on Georgia Chron
- Multi #1 International Best-Selling Author Jennifer S. Wilkov Announces the 2023 April Speak Up Women Conference and Call For Speakers
- Georgia: Gov. Kemp: SK Battery America to Open U.S. IT Center, Create 200 High-Tech Jobs in Roswell
- Cascade Asset Management Releases its 9th Annual IT Asset Disposition Benchmarking Report
- February 11 Marks Gwinnett County's First Household Hazardous Waste Collection Day of 2023
- FLEETCOR Technologies to Announce Fourth Quarter and Fiscal Year 2022 Results on February 8, 2023
ABOUT BIKE WALK MACON
Bike Walk Macon is a non-profit organization leading the movement to make bicycling and walking a safe, healthy, and convenient option for transportation and recreation for everyone in Macon-BIbb County. For more information, visit bikewalkmacon.com.
Latest on Georgia Chron
- Keisha Taylor Starr named as Scripps' new chief marketing officer
- Scientist discover a very effective ingredient to lose weight at a fast pace
- Insight Sourcing Group's Annual Year-in-Review Highlights Accomplishments of 2022
- Islamic Speakers Bureau Of Atlanta Leadership Institute Announces Class Of 2023
- STS Capital Partners Announces Sean Friday as New Chief Executive Officer
- BASF and Cargill further expand their partnership to offer high-performance enzyme solutions to animal protein producers in the United States
- AVTECH Software Acquires Long Time United Kingdom Partner OPENXTRA
- Diesel Owners - Save Fuel – Reduce DPF Maintenance – ECOFuelMax
- VSoft Names Steve Thomas as Vice President of Sales to Support Company's Continued Growth
- North American and Annexus Continue to Define Industry with Launch of North American Secure Horizon Choice Fixed Index Annuity
- CytoSMART Technologies Joins the Axion BioSystems Brand
- Serta Simmons Bedding Takes Decisive Actions to Strengthen Financial Position and Drive Long-Term Growth
- Atlanta: Statement on Vine City Walmart Reopening
- One Week Left! ezW2 Speeds Up W2 Reporting with White Paper Printing Feature
- Guaranteed Rate to Expedite Rollout of Special Purpose Credit Program
- "Boca's Best Body" competition Presented by The Berman Team
- Curant Health Becomes Official rare360 Partner
- The Associated Colleges of the South (ACS) Announces Selection of 10 ACS Mellon Academic Leadership Fellows
- ATM Processing Provider DNS Certifies Just.Cash Bitcoin Program
- Seasoned Risk Stalwart Brian Hughes Joins Scienaptic As An Investor And Advisor