- Atlanta: Forest Cove Relocation Moves Forward as Mayor Dickens and City Council Provide $1.5 Million Down Payment to Support Families
- 1040 Abroad publishes authoritative guide on the Foreign Tax Credit (FTC) and form 1116
- SWM and Neenah Announce Executive Leadership Team and Operational Structure for Combined Company Post Close
BOSTON, May 12, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- Saga Education, the national nonprofit behind one of the most effective personalized tutoring programs in the country, has partnered with Boys & Girls Clubs of America to provide Saga Coach, an evidence-based tutor training program. The training will be delivered to more than 400,000 volunteers and staff to assist Club members with improving their grades.
Saga Coach is a free, self-paced online training portal that covers the essential components of effective tutoring. The training is based on Saga's experience as a proven implementer of high-dosage, high-impact tutoring programs serving thousands of students in major U.S. school districts. The program offers 19 modules of self-paced training on key areas that make tutors successful, including building relationships with students and structuring an effective tutorial.
"Saga Coach provides tutors with the foundational skills needed to become effective tutors. It's a game-changer. Its impact is enormously effective and far-reaching, and it goes way beyond math. Our research has shown that young people see an overall improvement in grades and self-confidence," said Krista Marks, chief product officer for Saga Education.
Susan Ciavolino, education director of Boys & Girls Clubs, said, "It's our priority to support the local Boys & Girls Clubs with resources to support our youth, especially during the learning disruptions experienced during the pandemic. The partnership with Saga Education will be an important tool for volunteer recruitment, training, and curriculum needed to ensure that staff are equipped to address their needs."
More on Georgia Chron
- Wine Women & Shoes Charity Event Raises Funds for Ronald McDonald House
- Riskonnect Recognized as a 'Leader' by Independent Global Research and Advisory Firm
- Atlanta Information Management (AIM) Hosts Technology Job & Resource Fair
- ICYMI: Governor Kemp Travels State Putting Georgians First, Makes Largest Economic Development Announcement in State History
- MaximBio Expands Sales and Marketing Organization and Adds WellTree Molecular Group as a new Distribution Partner
"Boys & Girls Clubs support children all over the nation, and with Saga's success in tutoring, we saw it as a natural alignment of their respective work and our strategic imperative to advance digital equity. The training program is a valuable resource for teens to improve their learning and unlock their potential," said Dalila Wilson-Scott, EVP and Chief Diversity Officer, Comcast Corporation.
"One of the primary hallmarks of our program is about building relationships," said A.J. Gutierrez, co-founder of Saga Education. "We offer personalized, consistent, caring and best-in-the-world tutorials for underserved youth. We can customize the online experience for organizations like the Boys & Girls Clubs to fit their specific needs."
Research from the University of Chicago's Urban Lab shows that Saga has a significant impact on young people's learning levels. Students learn 2.5 years of math in one year, and math failure rates are reduced by 63%. In addition, non-math courses have shown improvement as well.
About Boys & Girls Clubs of America
For 160 years, Boys & Girls Clubs of America (BGCA.org) has provided a safe place for kids and teens to learn and grow. Clubs offer caring adult mentors, fun and friendship, and high-impact youth development programs on a daily basis during critical non-school hours. Boys & Girls Clubs programming promotes academic success, good character and leadership, and healthy lifestyles. More than 4,700 Clubs serve over 4.3 million young people through Club membership and community outreach. Clubs are located in cities, towns, public housing and on Native lands throughout the country, and serve military families in BGCA-affiliated Youth Centers on U.S. military installations worldwide. National headquarters are located in Atlanta. Learn more about Boys & Girls Clubs of America on Facebook and Twitter.
More on Georgia Chron
- Average American Spends $78 On Jewelry Annually, Finds New CWC Jewelry Market Study
- EVO Payments Acquires North49 to Deliver B2B Integrated Payments for Sage Users
- Pay Rate is Top Priority for U.S. Job Seekers 2022 Voice of the Blue-Collar Worker Survey Finds
- Do You Have Any Experience With Play-To-Earn Games/NFTs?
- Gov. Kemp: Hyundai Motor Group to Invest $5.54 Billion in Georgia at First Fully Dedicated Electric Vehicle and Battery Manufacturing Facility
About Comcast Corporation
Comcast Corporation is a global media and technology company that connects people to moments that matter. We are principally focused on broadband, aggregation, and streaming with 57 million customer relationships across the United States and Europe. We deliver broadband, wireless, and video through our Xfinity, Comcast Business, and Sky brands; create, distribute, and stream leading entertainment, sports, and news through Universal Filmed Entertainment Group, Universal Studio Group, Sky Studios, the NBC and Telemundo broadcast networks, multiple cable networks, Peacock, NBCUniversal News Group, NBC Sports, Sky News, and Sky Sports; and provide memorable experiences at Universal Parks and Resorts in the United States and Asia. Visit www.comcastcorporation.com for more information.
About Saga Education
Saga Education is an evidence-based, personalized, in-school-day tutoring intervention designed to support students with math, to support them in generating confidence and academic strength to graduate high school and pursue their dreams. In 2020, the organization was named to Fast Company's prestigious list of the World's Most Innovative Educational Companies, recognized for its evidence-based, scalable tutoring model that serves students in high-need schools.
SOURCE Saga Education
Filed Under: Business
Latest on Georgia Chron
- Cornerstone and Swiftlane Announce Strategic Technology Initiative to Create Safer Rental Communities in Denver
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionist Marisa Moore Celebrates Honey as a Natural Ingredient in Partnership with the National Honey Board
- Mallow Selected As Head of Major East Savannah Revitalization Project
- Carter's, Inc. Announces Quarterly Dividend
- TOKYO SKYTREE Celebrates Its 10th anniversary! Let's Pay Homage to this Japanese Landmark and World's Tallest Freestanding Broadcast Tower
- Angel Oak Recognized as One of Georgia's Fastest-Growing Companies
- Two Eco-Events Made Big Impacts in Georgia's Gwinnett County this Spring
- Actress & Voting Rights Activist, Angelica Love Ross Endorses Rep. Renitta Shannon for Lt. Governor
- The world's most anticipated blockchain game "Rise of Elves", is going to launch its Closed Beta in May!
- Noted storyteller and technologist Angelica McKinley joins the board of NMHA
- West Shore Construction Named #1 Hurricane Fabric Dealer in the Country
- Exterro Enhances Digital Forensic and Incident Response Automation with Major Upgrades to FTK® Connect
- PURE Property Management Launches Institutional Management Division, Provides High-tech, High-touch, and Hyperlocal Property Management Nationwide
- AGCO to Present at the Morgan Stanley 7th Annual Sustainable Futures Conference
- Dungeon Forward Inks Multi Collection Deal with Nickelodeon and Paramount Consumer Products
- Autotrader Names 10 Great Cars for Grads in Class of 2022
- M.King Media's 2nd Special Report "Black America: We Have A Problem" Is Now Streaming
- Hustle & Blow Dry Bar Announces New Location and Rebrand to Full Bloom Salon & Dry Bar
- Silva Capital Solutions Celebrates 25th Anniversary
- Atlanta: Mayor's Office of Cultural Affairs Presents Jazz 101