According to CDC, more than 1.1 million Americans have HIV, and many more are at risk. Led by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Ending the HIV Epidemic Initiative will initially focus on 48 counties, Washington, DC, and San Juan, Puerto Rico—where half of HIV diagnoses occur annually—as well as seven states with a substantial rural HIV burden. The initiative aims to reduce the number of new HIV infections by 75 percent within five years and by at least 90 percent within 10 years.
The CDC Foundation's Ending the HIV Epidemic Fund will support priority areas of need, such as:
More on Georgia Chron
- Invesco Advisers Announces Final Results of Tender Offers for Invesco Dynamic Credit Opportunities Fund, Invesco High Income Trust II and Invesco Senior Income Trust
- Macon: Government Office hours, Trash Collection schedule for Christmas & New Year's Day
- Macon: IT Department seeking feedback to help better provide information, services
- CEO Coaching International Congratulates Clients, Bryce Maddock and Jaspar Weir of TaskUs, on Winning the EY National Entrepreneur of the Year 2019
- North Highland Named Leader and Best in Class Provider for Corporate Services by ALM Intelligence
- Digital education strategy and campaign: Developing a national strategy to reach people most at risk for HIV by utilizing digital platforms, coordinating with state and local partners for maximum impact. Innovative models of community care: Designing disruptive innovation that delivers comprehensive, evidence-based prevention, care and treatment services. Rural access to care and treatment: Providing high-impact and high-priority treatment and care in rural communities, utilizing readily accessible services and technologies, such as community-based pharmacies and telemedicine.
"On World AIDS day, we are excited to announce this lead gift from Walgreens, which we hope will serve as a catalytic donation to encourage others to step forward and support this critical initiative," said Judith Monroe, MD, president and CEO of the CDC Foundation. "The HIV epidemic has taken hundreds of thousands of lives in this country, and we now have an opportunity to stop the epidemic in its tracks. We must seize this opportunity by working together across all sectors to meet this challenge."
"Walgreens pharmacists were among the first to help AIDS patients ease their suffering in the early stages of the crisis," said Glen Pietrandoni, senior director, patient care and advocacy at Walgreens. "Today, with more than 3,000 HIV-trained pharmacists in communities across the nation who help patients with prevention and treatment, we're proud to support this initiative to help eliminate the virus in this country."
More on Georgia Chron
- Macon-Bibb to celebrate new facilities, improvements at Henderson Stadium
- Donna Markussen Releases Her New Women's Health Book, "Take Command of Your Total Health"
- CANCrocodile - Contactless CAN Bus, SAE J1939, FMS, OBD-II, And SAE J1708 Reader
- Bootstrapped SaaS startup JustCall ranks 54th Fastest Growing Company on Deloitte's APAC Technology Fast 500
- Successful Pageant Queen Turned Author & Ex Dash Doll Opens Up About Her Painful Past
"We are looking for other individuals and organizations to join with us to make what once seemed impossible, possible," said Monroe. "We are actively seeking funding partners in support of this ambitious initiative to end the HIV epidemic in America by 2030."
To learn more, contact Helene Erenberg at the CDC Foundation at email@example.com or 404.443.1139.
About the CDC Foundation
The CDC Foundation helps the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) save and improve lives by unleashing the power of collaboration between CDC, philanthropies, corporations, organizations and individuals to protect the health, safety and security of America and the world. The CDC Foundation is the sole entity authorized by Congress to mobilize philanthropic partners and private-sector resources to support CDC's critical health protection mission. Since 1995, the CDC Foundation has launched approximately 1,000 programs and raised over $800 million. For more information, visit https://www.cdcfoundation.org. Follow the Foundation on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram.
SOURCE CDC Foundation
Filed Under: Business
Latest on Georgia Chron
- Rapper Lil Cory Arrested On Disorderly Conduct
- Is "Trump and His Magic Wand" really worth 150 Million?
- Dr. Clyde Lettsome Serves on NCEES Computer Engineering Exam Writing Committee
- City of Atlanta to Open Warming Center Wednesday Ahead of Frigid Weather
- 626 acquires the leading injector service solution provider in the Healthcare Technology Management space
- Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms Announces Most Significant Atlanta Fire Rescue Department Compensation Raises in 15 Years
- TMG, ranked No. 1 on Best Places to Work list for 2nd year in a row, moves into third party management
- Cosmo Nail Lounge Grand Opening at North Point Mall Introduces Atomy Brand Skin Care Line
- Skylar Lanier Joins Carriage Trade Public Relations® and Cecilia Russo Marketing as PR Coordinator
- Evolve IP Completes Flex Certification for WebEx Calling and Meetings Solutions
- Trans Actor Jesse Todd Tapped for Lead Role in Upcoming Film "Pink Moon"
- Zbones Discovers Additional Eardrums In Humans!
- New Podcast Highlights Local Events for Greater Savannah Area
- Aldo Dinelli, Houston's Top Celebrity Jeweler - Talks Diamonds
- Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms to Make Announcement on Atlanta Fire Rescue Department
- Santia Deck Makes History; Signs Record Breaking Deal With Highly-Anticipated WFLA
- Dbvisit Announces Release of Dbvisit Standby Snapshot
- Vogtle Unit 3 shield building roof set
- Apollo Brands® Announces Exclusive Distribution Agreement Bringing Apollo Energy Gum® and Golf Gum® to The Nordic Countries
- Sandline Discovery Leverages NexLP's Cognitive AI to Deliver Leading Behavioral and Linguistic Intelligence