- SWM and Neenah Announce Executive Leadership Team and Operational Structure for Combined Company Post Close
- Cloverly partners with BeZero Carbon to provide carbon credit ratings and independent quality assessments so buyers can act with confidence
- Atlanta: Mayor Andre Dickens to Meet with Local Artists in Support of Arts Funding
55 Trinity Avenue, Suite 2500 • Atlanta, Georgia 30303
City of Atlanta Department of City Planning and the Urban Design Commission to Host 44th Design Awards
ATLANTA- Mayor Andre Dickens announced the return of the in-person Design Awards ceremony, hosted by the Department of City Planning and the Atlanta Urban Design Commission on May 17.
"Atlanta is a beautiful and growing city. The Design Awards are an opportunity to acknowledge the people and projects that contribute to Atlanta's historic character," said Mayor Dickens. "We look forward to recognizing the individuals, programs, and places that contribute to the historic preservation and improvements of our city's great neighborhoods."
There are two types of awards presented during the event: the Award of Excellence, now in its 44th year, which honors projects, programs, or people that have contributed to the enhancement of Atlanta's physical character; and the 5th annual Community Design Award, which celebrates projects, programs or people that have made a notable impact on the quality of life in our communities. Winners of the Awards of Excellence are chosen by the Atlanta Urban Design Commission. The Community Design Awards are selected by the Neighborhood Planning Units.
More on Georgia Chron
- Atlanta: City Extends Enforcement Action for Short-Term Rental Operators
- Wine Women & Shoes Charity Event Raises Funds for Ronald McDonald House
- Riskonnect Recognized as a 'Leader' by Independent Global Research and Advisory Firm
- Atlanta Information Management (AIM) Hosts Technology Job & Resource Fair
- ICYMI: Governor Kemp Travels State Putting Georgians First, Makes Largest Economic Development Announcement in State History
"The Design Awards have always been a big part of the Department of City Planning as these awards fully encapsulate our five Atlanta City Design values of nature, access, ambition, progress, and equity as each recipient has succeeded in preserving Atlanta's past, present, and future," said Department of City Planning Interim Commissioner Janide Sidifall. "We look forward to celebrating the accomplishments of the city's preservation allies".
After being held virtually during the pandemic, this year's event will return in-person at City Hall on May 17.
Information on how to register for the Design Awards is available at: bit.ly/designawards2022.
To learn more about the Design Awards and nomination process visit www.atlantaga.gov/udcdesignawards.
For more information about the City of Atlanta, please visit www.atlantaga.gov or watch City Channel 26. Follow the City of Atlanta on Facebook and Twitter @CityofAtlanta.
More on Georgia Chron
- MaximBio Expands Sales and Marketing Organization and Adds WellTree Molecular Group as a new Distribution Partner
- Average American Spends $78 On Jewelry Annually, Finds New CWC Jewelry Market Study
- EVO Payments Acquires North49 to Deliver B2B Integrated Payments for Sage Users
- Pay Rate is Top Priority for U.S. Job Seekers 2022 Voice of the Blue-Collar Worker Survey Finds
- Do You Have Any Experience With Play-To-Earn Games/NFTs?
Latest on Georgia Chron
- Trella Health Recognized As One of the Best Places to Work in Healthcare in 2022
- Cornerstone and Swiftlane Announce Strategic Technology Initiative to Create Safer Rental Communities in Denver
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionist Marisa Moore Celebrates Honey as a Natural Ingredient in Partnership with the National Honey Board
- Mallow Selected As Head of Major East Savannah Revitalization Project
- Carter's, Inc. Announces Quarterly Dividend
- TOKYO SKYTREE Celebrates Its 10th anniversary! Let's Pay Homage to this Japanese Landmark and World's Tallest Freestanding Broadcast Tower
- Angel Oak Recognized as One of Georgia's Fastest-Growing Companies
- Two Eco-Events Made Big Impacts in Georgia's Gwinnett County this Spring
- Actress & Voting Rights Activist, Angelica Love Ross Endorses Rep. Renitta Shannon for Lt. Governor
- The world's most anticipated blockchain game "Rise of Elves", is going to launch its Closed Beta in May!
- Noted storyteller and technologist Angelica McKinley joins the board of NMHA
- West Shore Construction Named #1 Hurricane Fabric Dealer in the Country
- Exterro Enhances Digital Forensic and Incident Response Automation with Major Upgrades to FTK® Connect
- PURE Property Management Launches Institutional Management Division, Provides High-tech, High-touch, and Hyperlocal Property Management Nationwide
- AGCO to Present at the Morgan Stanley 7th Annual Sustainable Futures Conference
- Dungeon Forward Inks Multi Collection Deal with Nickelodeon and Paramount Consumer Products
- Autotrader Names 10 Great Cars for Grads in Class of 2022
- M.King Media's 2nd Special Report "Black America: We Have A Problem" Is Now Streaming
- Hustle & Blow Dry Bar Announces New Location and Rebrand to Full Bloom Salon & Dry Bar
- Silva Capital Solutions Celebrates 25th Anniversary