- Robert T. Ball, Jr., MD Honored with ReadyCommunities Partnership/CCROA 2020 National Service Award For Leadership in SC Communities Amidst Pandemic
- The Gift Insider Shares Gift Ideas With TipsOnTV Blog
- Roto-Rooter of Savannah Supports Xcel Strategies Mentoring Program
55 Trinity Avenue, Suite 2500 • Atlanta, Georgia 30303
City of Atlanta Expands Construction and Property Code Enforcement
ATLANTA-- The City of Atlanta Department of City Planning instituted online permitting operations and added new inspection types due to the City's stay at home order issued at the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic. The City will continue to offer this approach to permitting and inspections throughout the pandemic, to allow residents and businesses a viable way to move forward with construction plans.
City officials are aware of an increase in illegal construction activity and violations during the pandemic, as well. Illegal construction is heavily impacting properties in Atlanta, including historic neighborhoods and landmarks. These historic places and areas have unique physical qualities and special features that are protected by bylaws created by neighborhoods and property owners. To stop illegal construction, the Department of Planning has expanded code enforcement for buildings and zoning.
More on Georgia Chron
- Fellini In Action, 8 1/2 Set Photography by Paul Ronald Exhibit
- Bells & Balls in the Bottoms Ring In Kansas City's West Bottoms Holiday Weekends
- City of Atlanta Announces Housing Affordability, Racial Equity Initiative
- Foundation Offers FREE Workshop To Motivate Black Male Students After Tumultuous 2020
- PulteGroup Increases Quarterly Cash Dividend by 17% to $0.14 Per Share
Stop Work Orders will be issued for the following violations:
- Illegal and unpermitted use of a property
- Unpermitted property construction
- Construction activity beyond the scope of the permit
Those who receive Stop Work Orders will be directed to correct violations and issued citations as necessary if violations are not corrected.
Atlanta residents are encouraged to report illegal construction work or activity and property violations by contacting the Department of City Planning at CodeBustersDCP@atlantaga.gov or 404-865-8550.
For more information about the City of Atlanta, please visit www.atlantaga.gov or watch City Channel 26. Follow the City of Atlanta on Facebook and Twitter @CityofAtlanta.
Latest on Georgia Chron
- Atlanta, GA, Georgia's unemployment numbers decreased by 1.8 percentage points, but the 500,000 plus
- Forbes Travel Guide and Sharecare issue world's first health security verifications to hotels and resorts across 12 countries English English
- Flowers Foods Issues Voluntary Recall Of Two Canyon Bakehouse Products Distributed In Arkansas, Colorado, Kansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Mexico, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Texas, Utah, And Wyoming Due To Possible Presence Of
- Triumph Tech Achieves AWS DevOps Competency
- Georgia: Boston Consulting Group More Than Doubles Atlanta Presence, Creates 331 New Jobs
- Supreme Court Rules There Is No Santa Claus In New Holiday Book
- Cousins Properties Announces Strategic Charlotte Transactions
- Wintrust Selects NCR Digital First Banking Platform
- Georgia Coalition for the Peoples' Agenda Expands GOTV Activities for Georgia Senate Runoff Amid Ongoing Efforts to Disenfranchise Black Voters
- Syxsense Announces New Asia Expansion
- Gwinnett Clean & Beautiful Ends 2020 with Two Highly Successful Events
- HZT Records Releases "Angel" by Hillstaxx Dec 11
- Georgia Lawsuit Announcement
- Synovus Deepens Agribusiness Focus with New Agriculture and Timber Team
- Atlanta: Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms Appoints COO
- New Community Resource Dubbed 'Healthy Hub' Was Unveiled at Lake Mayer Park
- Equifax Introduces Response CONFIDENCE to Drive More Confident Decisions in Pandemic Economy
- 'Bounce Back to Success' hits Amazon Best-Seller List
- Synovus Announces Quarterly Dividends
- Berkshire Hathaway Homeservices Hilton Head Bluffton Realty Taps Christina Galbreath-Gonzalez To Lead Bluffton Office