- Macon: Clean Streets Matter Community Cleanup this weekend!
- Macon: Booker T. Washington Community Center reopens to serve the public
- Architecture Adjusting to the Impact of COVID-19 on the Fly
55 Trinity Avenue, Suite 2500 • Atlanta, Georgia 30303
City of Atlanta Launches Survey to Assess COVID-19 Impact on Immigrants, Communities of Color
City of Atlanta Partners with Latino Community Fund to Survey At Least 200 Metro Atlanta Residents, Inform Local COVID-19 Response and Recovery Efforts
ATLANTA—Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms announced the City of Atlanta—in coordination with the Latino Community Fund—launched a COVID-19 Community Impact Survey designed to gather insights directly from Black, Latinx and immigrant residents about the impact of COVID-19 on their well-being and sense of belonging. The Atlanta survey is part of a broader national effort—funded by the Walmart Foundation and conducted in partnership with New American Economy (NAE)—to reach at least 1,000 residents across the cities of Atlanta; Austin, Texas; Denver, Colorado; Louisville, Kentucky and Tulsa, Oklahoma.
"Our Administration is committed to leading the way on equitable and resilient pandemic relief," said Mayor Bottoms. "We know that our immigrant and black and brown communities have been disproportionally impacted by COVID-19, but we need to understand how they have been impacted beyond contagion rates. Understanding the struggles of all Atlanta's communities will help inform our continued response to the pandemic in unique and innovative ways."
The survey will be conducted in multiple languages covering four key areas, including: Personal and Household Well-Being, Access to Economic Relief, Cultural and Linguistic Inclusion and Perception of COVID-19 Response and Sense of Belonging. To administer the survey, the Mayor's Office of Immigrant Affairs, Welcoming Atlanta is working with the Latino Community Fund to reach communities of color and immigrant communities that have faced significant challenges as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic and economic recession.
More on Georgia Chron
- Georgia: TeamViewer to Open Atlanta Office to Support Enterprise Software Customer Growth
- Virios Therapeutics, Inc. Interview to Air on Bloomberg Television U.S. on the RedChip Money Report
- Singer, Songwriter, Pianist, Isabel Marcheselli Garners Generous Grant Support
- CAMS and Integral Sell Remaining Parcels of Former GM Plant Site
- International Fine and Decorative Art Auction April 24-25
"There is no doubt the devastating effects of COVID-19 will be long lasting and profound," said Gilda Pedraza, CEO of the Latino Community Fund. "Documenting how they look in the daily lives of some of the most vulnerable immigrant communities in the country is the first step towards equitable recovery. We are looking forward to this work and to the opportunities it will create to champion fair and just policies for all."
Results from the survey will inform the City of Atlanta's COVID-19 response and recovery efforts as local officials work to end disparities faced by immigrant communities and communities of color. The survey results will also inform Year 4 of NEA's annual Cities Index—a tool that measures immigrant inclusion through the assessment of local policies and socioeconomic disparities between the US-born and foreign-born individuals. Currently, the NAE Cities Index measures local policy and practice across five categories: Government Leadership, Economic Empowerment, Inclusivity, Community and Legal Support. In response to COVID-19, NAE will create a new section focused on inclusive disaster response and resilience to help cities assess key policies and practices to better prepare for and recover from future disasters.
For more information about the NAE Cities Index, visit https://www.newamericaneconomy.org/cities-index/
About New American Economy
New American Economy (NAE) is a bipartisan research and advocacy organization founded to educate, empower and support policymakers, influencers, and citizens across the country that see the economic and social benefits of a smart approach to immigration reform. NAE has created a coalition of civic, business, and cultural leaders who span the political spectrum and represent all 50 states. NAE makes the case for smart immigration reform in four ways: 1) we use powerful research to demonstrate how immigration impacts our economy, 2) we organize champions at the grassroots and influencer levels to build support for immigration, 3) we partner with state and local leaders to advocate for policies that recognize the value immigrants add locally, and 4) we show immigrant contributions to American culture through film, food, art, sports, comedy, and more. Visit www.NewAmericanEconomy.org to learn more.
More on Georgia Chron
- #1 Billboard Jazz Artist Ski Johnson to Release 10th Studio Album and Tell All Movie
- NBMBAA® Names Shawn Graham as Chief Financial Officer
- PocketSuite Partners With ShearShare to Help Stylists Boost Business
- The Anderson Group Real Estate Services' New Concierge Program Aims To Help Nashville-area Homeowners Sell For Top Dollar
- Invest Atlanta Board Approves Funding for Teachers Village Atlanta
For more information about the City of Atlanta, please visit www.atlantaga.gov or watch City Channel 26. Follow the City of Atlanta on Facebook and Twitter @CityofAtlanta.
Latest on Georgia Chron
- Mencom Introduces New 1 3/8" PMIN Power Series Field Wireable Connectors
- Georgia: Gov. Kemp: $8.43 Billion, 24,000+ Jobs from Economic Development Projects During First Three Quarters of Fiscal Year
- Georgia: Applications Open for Families of Children with Special Needs Reimbursement
- Winners of Leopold's Ice Cream 11th Annual Creative Writing Challenge Honored at City Hall
- Anthology of Award-Winning Books Explores Global Concerns in a Child-friendly Format
- Paradigm Technology Group Joins The Evolve IP Partner Program
- Delirious Comedy Club Presents Pauly Shore Every Friday Night In April
- PADT Named EOS Metal 3D Printing Distribution Partner Across the Southwest, Expanding its Established Additive Manufacturing Products Offering
- Deb Hoffmann, Guinness World Record Holder for Largest Winnie the Pooh Collection, Shatters 20,000-Item Ceiling
- Histria Books announces the release of Molly – A Love Story to help support animal shelters
- Alithya Sponsors Executive Financial Services Survey on Digital Transformation
- Carter's Launches First Children's Clothing Recycling Program With TerraCycle®
- Author's Stunning Coming of Age Novel Wins Multiple Literary Awards
- Cyble Appoints Maxim Mitrokhin, Ex-MD Kaspersky Lab, to Expand Footprint in Apac
- JetQuay Launches Private Swab Test Facility, Halves Custom Clearance Timing
- Rollins, Inc. Board Director Henry B. Tippie To Retire
- Vision Zero: New 25 mph Speed Limit Signs Installed Across Atlanta
- Georgia: First Lady Marty Kemp, Attorney General Chris Carr Release New PSA
- National Association of Tax Professionals hires new manager of state chapter activity
- Bidding Now Open for the NFT Artwork For Sale Entitled 'The Sunrise' by Digital Artist, Kevin Douglas Wright