- SWM and Neenah Announce Executive Leadership Team and Operational Structure for Combined Company Post Close
- Atlanta: Mayor Andre Dickens to Meet with Local Artists in Support of Arts Funding
- Cloverly partners with BeZero Carbon to provide carbon credit ratings and independent quality assessments so buyers can act with confidence
55 Trinity Avenue, Suite 2500 • Atlanta, Georgia 30303
City of Atlanta Prepares to Activate Winter Storm Response
ATLANTA—Based on the most recent weather forecast, the Atlanta Department of Transportation (ATLDOT) is prepared to activate a Level 2 response in preparation for this weekend's winter weather event. The City of Atlanta recommends that residents stay off the roads if at all possible during the weather event.
The National Weather Service (NWS) has issued a Winter Storm Watch for portions of northwest and northeast Georgia. Heavy mixed precipitation is expected Saturday evening through late Sunday night. Total snow accumulations of 2 to 5 inches are anticipated, with possible ice accumulations of up to one quarter of an inch. Wind gusts could reach as high as 35 mph. Due to the anticipated heavy snow and ice, power outages and tree damage are likely, with travel nearly impossible.
More on Georgia Chron
- Atlanta: City Extends Enforcement Action for Short-Term Rental Operators
- Wine Women & Shoes Charity Event Raises Funds for Ronald McDonald House
- Riskonnect Recognized as a 'Leader' by Independent Global Research and Advisory Firm
- Atlanta Information Management (AIM) Hosts Technology Job & Resource Fair
- ICYMI: Governor Kemp Travels State Putting Georgians First, Makes Largest Economic Development Announcement in State History
An ATLDOT Level 2 response occurs when temperatures fall between 32 and 25 degrees with light precipitation. Impacts are expected primarily on bridges and overpasses. Staff continues to monitor weather conditions and based on the forecast, crews are prepared to deploy Saturday evening into early hours of Sunday morning to treat Priority 1 and Priority 2 bridges, overpasses and routes to hospitals, police stations and fire stations. Bridges and overpasses are highest priority for treatment as they freeze faster than roads due to higher elevations.
ATLDOT has a combination of in-house and contracted winter weather resources available for deployment, including:
- 40 pieces of snow equipment, with more available through contractor support.
- 300 employees, 150 per shift.
- 22,500 gallons of brine
- 5,550 tons of salt
- 200 tons of gravel
- 150 tons of sand
To report a non-emergency service issue, contact ATL311 by dialing 404-546-0311, or visit www.atl311.com.
More on Georgia Chron
- MaximBio Expands Sales and Marketing Organization and Adds WellTree Molecular Group as a new Distribution Partner
- Average American Spends $78 On Jewelry Annually, Finds New CWC Jewelry Market Study
- EVO Payments Acquires North49 to Deliver B2B Integrated Payments for Sage Users
- Pay Rate is Top Priority for U.S. Job Seekers 2022 Voice of the Blue-Collar Worker Survey Finds
- Do You Have Any Experience With Play-To-Earn Games/NFTs?
For more information about the City of Atlanta, please visit www.atlantaga.gov or watch City Channel 26. Follow the City of Atlanta on Facebook and Twitter @CityofAtlanta.
Latest on Georgia Chron
- Trella Health Recognized As One of the Best Places to Work in Healthcare in 2022
- Cornerstone and Swiftlane Announce Strategic Technology Initiative to Create Safer Rental Communities in Denver
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionist Marisa Moore Celebrates Honey as a Natural Ingredient in Partnership with the National Honey Board
- Mallow Selected As Head of Major East Savannah Revitalization Project
- Carter's, Inc. Announces Quarterly Dividend
- TOKYO SKYTREE Celebrates Its 10th anniversary! Let's Pay Homage to this Japanese Landmark and World's Tallest Freestanding Broadcast Tower
- Angel Oak Recognized as One of Georgia's Fastest-Growing Companies
- Two Eco-Events Made Big Impacts in Georgia's Gwinnett County this Spring
- Actress & Voting Rights Activist, Angelica Love Ross Endorses Rep. Renitta Shannon for Lt. Governor
- The world's most anticipated blockchain game "Rise of Elves", is going to launch its Closed Beta in May!
- Noted storyteller and technologist Angelica McKinley joins the board of NMHA
- West Shore Construction Named #1 Hurricane Fabric Dealer in the Country
- Exterro Enhances Digital Forensic and Incident Response Automation with Major Upgrades to FTK® Connect
- PURE Property Management Launches Institutional Management Division, Provides High-tech, High-touch, and Hyperlocal Property Management Nationwide
- AGCO to Present at the Morgan Stanley 7th Annual Sustainable Futures Conference
- Dungeon Forward Inks Multi Collection Deal with Nickelodeon and Paramount Consumer Products
- Autotrader Names 10 Great Cars for Grads in Class of 2022
- M.King Media's 2nd Special Report "Black America: We Have A Problem" Is Now Streaming
- Hustle & Blow Dry Bar Announces New Location and Rebrand to Full Bloom Salon & Dry Bar
- Silva Capital Solutions Celebrates 25th Anniversary