- The Promise Homes Company, Largest Black-Owned Single-Family Rental Company in the U.S., Secures $200 Million Debt Facility From Barings
- Arizona Attorney and Navy Veteran Wife Launch New Youtube Channel About Auto Injury Law
- Georgia: Gov. Kemp Appoints Two New Regents
"The market is stuck in low gear," noted Cox Automotive Senior Economist Charlie Chesbrough. "We believe there are potential buyers out there, but many are waiting on the sidelines, put off by limited selection and high prices."
After a strong first-half, new-vehicle sales have slowed as inventory woes persist. Prices are high, and shoppers are well aware, according to fresh research from Cox Automotive. November's seasonally adjusted annual rate (SAAR) of sales is forecast to finish near 13.4 million, down 16% from last year when the sales pace was 15.9 million. On the plus side, sales volume is expected to increase slightly from October, rising less than a percent to reach a forecasted 1.05 million. There are 24 selling days this November, one more than last year, but the extra day will have minimal impact on the overall volume.
With the year-end holiday season upon us, the lack of available new-vehicle inventory will be troublesome for dealers and consumers alike. Holiday sales are a critical selling period, and December is often one of the biggest volume months of the year, particularly for luxury products. This year a year-end bump in sales seems unlikely.
More on Georgia Chron
- Taking Aerial Marketing To New Heights
- Star-Studded Fundraising Event To Celebrate Harry Belafonte's 95th Birthday & 10th Anniversary of Sankofa.org
- Rainbow Village Welcomes Three New Members to its Board of Directors
- Fortune Secure Signing Services now offers Apostille services
- Upcoming Family Office Executive Education Program at the University of Denver
Though the market will continue to be supply constrained well into next year, the worst inventory issues are likely in the rear-view mirror. Many OEMs have stated that they expect continued—but slow—improvement in production and distribution as the global supply chain works out the post-pandemic kinks. And sales data suggest the market may have hit bottom in September with a SAAR of 12.2 million. The sales pace has been improving since then. New variants of the coronavirus, however, will likely continue to roil the auto market well into 2022.
November 2021 Sales Forecast Highlights
- New-vehicle sales are forecast to increase by about 4,000 units from October, or 0.4%, and reach 1.05 million.
- Volume is forecast to be down more than 12% from last year, or nearly 150,000 units.
- The SAAR in November 2021 is forecast to be 13.4 million, up from October's chip constrained 13.0 million, but down from last November's 15.9 million pace.
November 2021 New-Vehicle Sales Forecast
|Full-Size Pickup Truck||180,000||179,174||173,797||0.5%||3.6%||17.1%||16.6%||0.5%|
|1 Cox Automotive Industry Insights data|
|2 Total includes segments not shown|
All percentages are based on raw volume, not daily selling rate.
More on Georgia Chron
- CHICKEN SALAD CHICK CELEBRATES SEVENTH ANNUAL GUEST APPRECIATION DAY ON THURSDAY, JANUARY 20
- Jambos Brought Comfort to More Than 20K Foster Kids in 2021
- Cryptocurrency and Coffee: Black Owned Brand Creates Buzz in Crypto
- TrueDialog Awarded "Most Promising Salesforce Solution Provider 2021" by CIOReview
- College Football Hall of Fame and Microsoft Enter Multiyear Agreement
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive Inc. makes buying, selling, owning and using vehicles easier for everyone. The global company's more than 27,000 team members and family of brands, including Autotrader®, Dealer.com®, Dealertrack®, Dickinson Fleet Services, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, NextGear Capital®, VinSolutions®, vAuto® and Xtime®, are passionate about helping millions of car shoppers, 40,000 auto dealer clients across five continents and many others throughout the automotive industry thrive for generations to come. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises Inc., a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with annual revenues of nearly $20 billion. www.coxautoinc.com
SOURCE Cox Automotive
Filed Under: Business
Latest on Georgia Chron
- Reading stimulates cognitive energizes to remove limitations
- Edge Computing Tech Company StrongNode.io Enters the World of Crypto Mobile Apps in Partnership with Dopamine
- Georgia Power restores service to 110,000+ customers Sunday
- Georgia: Ahead of Winter Storm System, Gov. Kemp Declares State of Emergency
- Life of Consequences Feature Film Screening Scheduled
- Thousands of Georgia Power personnel responding to impacts from Winter Storm Izzy
- Atlanta: Statement on Passing of Elder Cal Murrell, the Happy Preacher
- City of Atlanta Announces Modified Solid Waste Schedule on MLK Day
- Atlanta: Statement on the Passing of MARTA CEO Jeff Parker
- City of Atlanta to Open Two Warming Centers Ahead of Frigid Weather
- Atlanta: Temporary Road Closure: 17th Street NW from Spring Street NW to West Peachtree Street NW
- City of Atlanta Prepares to Activate Winter Storm Response
- 456 Collectors Club Presale Sold Out: Worlds First NFT Art Club Makes History
- Southern Company announces quarterly dividend
- Macon: Trash Talk: Answering your questions
- Macon: Free COVID-19 testing serves hundreds
- Macon: Staff Spotlight: Lt. Billy Strange
- Macon-Bibb to celebrate, honor Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Stonebranch Universal Connector for SAP Achieves SAP-Certified Integration with SAP S/4HANA®
- Macon: Government offices closed in observance of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day