"DISH is notoriously greedy, unreasonable, and difficult to deal with in retransmission consent negotiations. DISH is trying to underpay for our award-winning programming so it can boost its own profits. Despite all of its bluster, I doubt that DISH customers will ever see any savings for them," said Kim Guthrie, CEO of Cox Media Group. "Let me be very clear – it was 100% DISH's decision to remove our TV stations from its service. CMG won't be bullied into submitting to DISH's below-market compensation demands which would harm our ability to continue to produce our award-winning programming. Our viewers are our top priority and we regret they have been harmed by DISH's scorched earth approach."
More on Georgia Chron
- Atlanta: Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms Receives Distinguished Civil Rights Advocate Award from the Lawyers' Committee for Civil Rights Under Law
- Georgia: Kemp Names 17 Appointments
- Georgia Unemployment Rate Falls to 5.6%, Beats National Average
- The Black Women's Roundtable "Take It To The Top Entrepreneurship Challenge" for Black Women & Girls
- Mango Animate Unveils an Animation Maker for Everyone
CMG has repeatedly extended its contract with DISH and has been negotiating intensively in good faith. CMG has made numerous offers with reasonable terms, but DISH has refused to respond with a single serious proposal. DISH has made it clear it would rather blackout CMG's programming than engage in earnest to come to a fair deal with CMG. In order to distract from its own destructive business tactics, DISH has also recently made the false claim that representatives from Apollo Global Management are leading these negotiations.
It is CMG that continues to lead negotiations in earnest with DISH and remains committed to resolve this dispute. "We remain willing to negotiate in good faith and we sincerely hope DISH will stop this tired PR campaign and get serious about reaching a fair and long-term agreement with our stations and restoring our valuable programming for our viewers in the communities we serve," says Guthrie.
More on Georgia Chron
- Georgia: Sports Beverage Company BANG ENERGY to Open First Southeastern Manufacturing and Distribution Facility in Lithia Springs
- 'Sensual' is Out and Fans Go Ecstatic Seeing Heather Fay at Her Best
- Cygnus Capital, Inc. Issues Open Letter To Stockholders Of Ashford Hospitality Trust, Inc.
- Wild Weekend Planned for Int'l Wild Bunch Film Fest in Willcox Arizona, Oct 2/4
- AUA announces Master of Public Health Collaboration with FIU Stempel College to allow students to pursue both medical and public health degrees
If you are disappointed and frustrated by DISH's decision to deprive you of local programming, please make your voice heard. Call DISH today at 1-800-333-3474 and urge them to engage with CMG in good faith to get your local programming back on their service as quickly as possible.
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group ("CMG") is an industry-leading media company with best-in-class brands, award winning content, and exceptional people. The new CMG was built in December 2019 when private equity funds managed by affiliates of Apollo Global Management, Inc. acquired the television assets of Northwest Broadcasting through the acquisition of NBI Holdings, LLC, which subsequently acquired certain television, radio, newspaper and other media assets of Cox Enterprises, Inc. and its affiliates. CMG provides valuable local content to diverse audiences in the communities it serves.
SOURCE Cox Media Group
Filed Under: Business
Latest on Georgia Chron
- Oil portrait painting of Oonagh Guinness by Philip de László soars to $324,500 at Ahlers & Ogletree
- COVID Survivor and Emmy Nominee Launches Mask & T-shirt Line for Mental Health
- Rare Video as Couple Flees Oregon Fires
- Founders of ProfitWorks, LLC release book to help entrepreneurs maximize their growth through profit-sharing
- Georgia: Gov. Kemp Extends COVID-19 Order, Addresses Long-Term Care Facility Visitation
- Opus Consulting Solutions Joins the MuleSoft Partner Program
- BIG Language Solutions Expands Footprint & Healthcare Expertise with Acquisition of Los Angeles-Bas
- Lee Enterprises Consulting Adds New Sections and Promotes Three to VP
- Veteran-Owned Publishing Firm Begins PREORDER Sales of NEW Groundbreaking Marketing Guidebook for Transitioning Military Members, Spouses & Veterans
- Design Competition Seeks Creative Interventions to Bring Visitors Back to Main Streets This Winter
- Marc Flanagan to work with IOTech Systems to help develop Partner Ecosystem and go-to-market strategy
- During the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA 75) CAF America Highlights Charitable Giving Related to COVID-19 and Sustainable Development Goals
- ezAccounting 2020 Software From Halfpricesoft.com Now On Sale For A Limited Time
- La Duke's Third Book Takes On Business Beyond Safety
- Pantora Launches Chic Glamorous Ready To Wear Line
- Renowned Social Good Experts Give Lectures Virtually Through Community Investment Network Conference
- Ideanomics Reports 503 EV Units Processed for July & August an Increase from Q2
- La Duke Contributes to Landmark Global Book
- Weber Facial Plastic Surgery Ranks No. 3972 on the 2020 Inc. 5000 List
- Atlanta Housing, The Benoit Group And Invest Atlanta Launch $40 Million Redevelopment of London Townhomes