"DISH is notoriously greedy, unreasonable, and difficult to deal with in retransmission consent negotiations. DISH is trying to underpay for our award-winning programming so it can boost its own profits. Despite all of its bluster, I doubt that DISH customers will ever see any savings for them," said Kim Guthrie, CEO of Cox Media Group. "Let me be very clear – it was 100% DISH's decision to remove our TV stations from its service. CMG won't be bullied into submitting to DISH's below-market compensation demands which would harm our ability to continue to produce our award-winning programming. Our viewers are our top priority and we regret they have been harmed by DISH's scorched earth approach."
More on Georgia Chron
- Georgia: Technical College System Announces Online Academy to Expand Cloud Computing Workforce
- Digital Media Solutions Names Kathy Bryan As Chief Marketing Officer
- AutoQuotes and FEDA Announce New Strategic Partnership
- Lantek increases its turnover by 9.6%, reaching $23 million
- ThreeMain Goes Carbon Neutral, Sells Out Of Inventory
CMG has repeatedly extended its contract with DISH and has been negotiating intensively in good faith. CMG has made numerous offers with reasonable terms, but DISH has refused to respond with a single serious proposal. DISH has made it clear it would rather blackout CMG's programming than engage in earnest to come to a fair deal with CMG. In order to distract from its own destructive business tactics, DISH has also recently made the false claim that representatives from Apollo Global Management are leading these negotiations.
It is CMG that continues to lead negotiations in earnest with DISH and remains committed to resolve this dispute. "We remain willing to negotiate in good faith and we sincerely hope DISH will stop this tired PR campaign and get serious about reaching a fair and long-term agreement with our stations and restoring our valuable programming for our viewers in the communities we serve," says Guthrie.
More on Georgia Chron
- Jordan Belfort, Wolf of Wall Street, to Speak at 7th Annual CEO Summit
- The Global Premedia Network (GPN) announced today further expansion of its strategic partnership with premedia providers from Europe and Oceania
- TV Personality Santana Rodriguez Inks Deal with New Media Company, Expanding Audience for Her Popular TV Series "Shaping Up with Santana"
- Metavivor Announces Additional Metastatic Breast Cancer Research Awards
- Patriot Travel Reviews 7 New Viking River Cruise Ships for 2020
If you are disappointed and frustrated by DISH's decision to deprive you of local programming, please make your voice heard. Call DISH today at 1-800-333-3474 and urge them to engage with CMG in good faith to get your local programming back on their service as quickly as possible.
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group ("CMG") is an industry-leading media company with best-in-class brands, award winning content, and exceptional people. The new CMG was built in December 2019 when private equity funds managed by affiliates of Apollo Global Management, Inc. acquired the television assets of Northwest Broadcasting through the acquisition of NBI Holdings, LLC, which subsequently acquired certain television, radio, newspaper and other media assets of Cox Enterprises, Inc. and its affiliates. CMG provides valuable local content to diverse audiences in the communities it serves.
SOURCE Cox Media Group
Filed Under: Business
Latest on Georgia Chron
- AssureSign Joins the Leaders' Sector in 2020 Aragon Research Globe Report for Digital Transaction Management
- New Version of HLN's Award Winning Open Source Immunization Forecaster Released
- Sisterhood of the Outdoors EHG Elite Turkey Camo Launch a Huge Success
- SAM9000 AI Project Management App adds Document and Email Management, now available in full release
- Gov. Kemp: 2019 Another Record Year for Georgia Exports
- Georgia: January Net Tax Revenues Up 4.5%
- Gov. Kemp Celebrates Georgia Made Day
- Georgia: Kemp Names Appointments to Griffin Judicial Circuit
- Georgia: Kemp Names Appointment to State Court of Bulloch County
- Symplast Welcomes Former AtlasKPI Executive Randy Torban as Head of New Practice Analysis Department
- Global Sales Expert and Former Xerox Executive Joins CEO Coaching International
- First Connecticut Office Building Tokenized
- Telliant Systems Expands Digital Software Technology Outreach with Sponsorship at The TAG Summit in Atlanta
- Datavalet And Alpine Growth Partners Launch Growth And Acquisition Strategy With New Ceo
- Macon: The State of the Community is Vibrant
- W-type Series Rectangular Enclosures For Aggressive Environments
- Customer Scout Automotive SEO Receives "Highest Rated" DrivingSales Award
- Fulfilling Elders' Dreams in Senior Living Communities Across the Country
- Atlanta: Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms Issues Executive Order to Place Moratorium on Issuance of New Construction Permits Near Westside Park
- Atlanta: Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms Issues Administrative Order Calling for Allocation of $100 Million in Bonds for Affordable Housing