- Gov. Kemp Urges Eligible Georgians in Southwest Region to Sign Up for Vaccination
- Online Day Trading Technology Showcase Hosted by TradeLog
- Rock Out Against Bullying Tour Comes to Atlanta All-Star Weekend
"CSTE applauds President-Elect Biden for committing to combat the COVID-19 pandemic immediately within the first 100 days of his presidency. The American Rescue Plan announced yesterday contains many essential investments to boost our nation's pandemic response, including $20 billion for a national vaccination plan; $50 billion for diagnostic tests and screening; and critically, a strong commitment to expand the public health workforce. In particular, CSTE praises, and fully supports, the incoming administration's request for $700 million to address data modernizations needs at the state, local, and federal level.
As our members continue to fight COVID-19 on the front lines without access to modern, interoperable public health data systems, this call for data modernization comes at a crucial time. The lack of a strong national public health surveillance system that detects and facilitates immediate response to and containment of emerging health threats has slowed the response to COVID-19 and endangered our communities. The Centers for Disease Control's Data Modernization Initiative (DMI) has already started the crucial work to overhaul our national data systems, but additional resources are needed now and annually to upgrade public health data infrastructure and speed our public health response.
More on Georgia Chron
- IVolunteer International achieves record impact in 2020 using tech-for-good
- Macon: Sheridan Construction joins #CleanStreetsMatter initiative
- The LAW and MK-2886 SARMs Bodybuilding Supplements. Are SARMs supplements legal?
- Chick-fil-A Vidalia Announces its 6th Annual Road Race Benefiting Community Nonprofit Ministry Orgs
- Pastor Tracy S. Williams Talks Sex and Relationships in Her Debut Book: THE GARDEN EXPERIENCE AN ABSTINENCE HANDBOOK FOR GIRLS
COVID-19 has exposed deadly gaps in our nation's public health data system. CSTE looks forward to working with the incoming Biden-Harris Administration and calls on Congress to fully fund the Biden plan to build the modern, interoperable public health data infrastructure we so desperately need."
Founded in 1951, the Council of State and Territorial Epidemiologists (CSTE) represents the interests of State Epidemiologists from all 50 U.S. states and territories, comprising the Council. CSTE is also the professional home to nearly 2000 practicing applied epidemiologists working at the state, local, tribal and territorial levels. For more information, visit www.cste.org.
Media Contact: Jeremy Arieh, Director of Communications, 770-458-3811, email: [email protected]
SOURCE Council of State and Territorial Epidemiologists
Filed Under: Business
Latest on Georgia Chron
- City of Atlanta Installs New Bronze Sculptures Honoring Local Civil Rights Heroes
- EARNEST Partners Appoints Yugeng Sun and Aaron Kirchoff to Directors
- Gov. Kemp Applauds Johnny Isakson Chair for Parkinson's Research and Georgia Research Alliance Eminent Scholar Position for Reaching Goal of $4.5 Million
- Concerned Citizens of South Central Los Angeles Send Open Letter To Biden Administration
- Column: Arbor Day, Savings Grow like trees
- Nominations open for 2021 Spin Awards on Feb 28th
- Arrow Exterminators Introduces New Disinfection/Sanitation Commercial Service
- Atlanta: Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms Protects Fuller-Freedom House with Landmark Site Designation
- Sandline Global Fortifies World-Class Executive Team: Glenn Hopper Joins as Chief Financial Officer
- Leveraged Buyouts for Mid-Size Businesses
- Emory University's Compassion Center Announces Plans for Global 21-Day Compassion Challenge That Begins March 6, 2021
- Syxsense Announces Integration with Microsoft Office 365
- Launch of Trace One E-Sourcing Will Boost Retailers' Private Label Speed to Market
- EyeSouth Partners Expands Presence in North Georgia With North Georgia Eye Clinic Affiliation
- Join Healthy Savannah Team Members each Tuesday on their Healthy Walks
- Thru-hikers Launch New Nature Streaming TV Channel for Nature Lovers
- Bronx DWI Lawyer Announces New Website
- Recording Artist "Cherne" Crystal Brown auditions for Sony Music, Atlantic Records and Capitol Records and it doesn't stop there
- Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms Announces Release of First Progress Update on One Atlanta: Housing Affordability Action Plan
- Technicolor HERO Partners Weigh in on Network Service Provider Trends Established in 2020 and Offer Views on What to Expect in 2021