|Atlanta, GA - Governor Brian P. Kemp today announced Georgia has tested 59.7% of all nursing home residents, in addition to reporting a new low in COVID-19 positive patients currently hospitalized.|
There are 887 Georgians currently hospitalized with COVID-19. Georgia has seen a 40% drop in this statistic since May 1, 2020.
"One of the key battlefields in our fight against COVID-19 is Georgia's nursing homes, and we are laser-focused on providing the necessary protective equipment and testing to keep our most vulnerable citizens safe," said Governor Kemp. "We also continue to see encouraging COVID-19 hospitalization data from Georgia's hospitals. I deeply appreciate their commitment to caring for Georgians fighting this virus, and I look forward to continuing our partnership to provide treatment to these patients."
More on Georgia Chron
"As a reminder, Georgia's health systems are ready to serve patients for elective procedures and routine appointments. We strongly encourage everyone to get important check-ups on their calendar."
Latest on Georgia Chron
- Atlanta: Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms to Testify Before Coronavirus Panel Member Briefing with Mayors on Urgent Need for More Federal Support During Pandemic
- R+M Development Closes on Refinance of Student Housing Project Amidst Pandemic
- Panel Built, Inc. Marks 25 Years of Modular Building!
- Teenage mariachi ensemble records album during pandemic, keeping social distancing guidelines
- Getman Takes his Popular Book Fairs into the Virtual World Transforming the Way Buyers Meet Sellers of Rare Books, Maps, Prints and Ephemera
- Teleroute, Part of Alpega Group, launches an API Interface and a new Mobile App to help their growing number of customers work even more efficiently
- One Caribbean TV Journalist Melissa Noel Leads the State of Tourism Panel Discussion Hosted by CACAF
- AI education technology company KSolve launches Kickstarter campaign
- Space Cadet Launches A Flower Sniffer's Book Of Paper Craft to Ward off Boredom Better Than Binging TV
- Robert Amaya (Courageous, Moms' Night Out) rounds out cast of 'The Farmer and The Belle: Saving Santaland'
- Launching OneQuantum LLC the Quantum Tech startup community
- OrPro Therapeutics Advances a New Inhalation Treatment Approach for COVID-19
- Georgia Power customers to see approximately $10 reduction in monthly summer bills
- Omy de Oro 'The King of Punchlines' signs with Caroline, becomes first Puerto Rican artist to release a solo dembow track 'Cash'
- NS4ed Customizes District Market Needs for Nebraska Schools
- CEO Coaching International Congratulates Fintech Startup Client Airfox on Acquisition by Retail Giant
- Natural Hair Salon Pivots Amid COVID-19 Crisis
- Uply Media, Inc Launches MortgageCalculators.Crypto World's First DWeb Mortgage Calculator
- Lilly Morgan Selected for Internship at Carriage Trade Public Relations®, Inc
- Home Depot's Michelle Livingstone Joins Rainbow Village Board of Directors