Individual Income Tax: Individual Income Tax collections totaled nearly $1.16 billion, for an increase of $14.4 million, or 1.3 percent, compared to December 2018 when Income Tax collections totaled $1.14 billion.
• Individual Income Tax refunds issued (net of voided checks) increased by $41.4 million or 167.4 percent.
• Individual Withholding payments for December were up $36.7 million, or 3.4 percent, over last year.
• Individual Income Tax Estimated payments for the month were up $4.6 million, or 11 percent.
• All other Individual Tax categories, including Non-Resident Return payments, were up a combined $14.5 million.
Sales and Use Tax: Gross Sales and Use Tax collections increased by $15.4 million, or 1.5 percent, up from a total of $1.04 billion in FY 2019. Net Sales and Use Tax increased by approximately $0.2 million compared to last year when net sales tax totaled $526.1 million. The adjusted Sales Tax distribution to local governments totaled $524.1 million for an increase of $21.2 million, or 4.2 percent, while Sales Tax Refunds fell by roughly $6 million, or -53.3 percent, from a total of $11.2 million in FY 2019.
More on Georgia Chron
- Southern Company second-quarter earnings to be released July 30
- New Partner at Itero Group Signals Continued Growth
- Pan Atlantic Associates Unveils How a Pandemic Can Inform Your Business Model
- PanAtlantic Explains Using Technology to Propel Your Business
- Macon: Mayor issues Executive Order regarding measures to slow the spread of COVID-19
Corporate Income Tax: Corporate Income Tax collections increased by nearly $66.5 million, or 36.9 percent, compared to FY 2019 when Corporate Tax collections totaled approximately $180 million for December.
• Corporate Income Tax refunds issued (net of voids) were up $16.9 million or 142.1 percent.
• Corporate Estimated Tax payments for the month increased by $67.9 million or 43.7 percent.
• Corporate Income Tax Return payments were up $16.1 million, or 67.7 percent, over last year.
• All other Corporate Tax categories, including Corporate S-Corp payments, were down a combined $0.6 million.
Motor Fuel Taxes: Motor Fuel Tax collections increased by nearly $0.7 million, or 0.5 percent, compared to FY 2019.
Motor Vehicle - Tag & Title Fees: Motor Vehicle Tag & Title Fees decreased by $0.5 million, or -2 percent, compared to last year, while Title Ad Valorem Tax (TAVT) collections declined by almost $19 million, or -28.5 percent.
Latest on Georgia Chron
- Newest Analysis from ImmersivEdge Advisors Helps Investors Make the Right Moves in the Dynamic AR & Smartglasses Industry
- Atlanta: Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms' Executive Order Requires Use of Masks or Face Coverings
- Wheaton Family Law Attorney - Tania K. Harvey Launches New Website | Wheaton IL Family Lawyers
- Americart 2019 Documentary Film about Art in America's Heartland now available on Amazon Prime Video
- HealthMPowers Now Up to Four Stores in Drive for Healthy Food Choices
- Center Parc Credit Union To Open Three Savannah Area Locations
- Seismic Shift from New York to the Palm Beaches Signals Permanent Residency, Not Seasonal Vacation Homes
- Tips for Picking the Right Color of Dress for Your Upcoming Special Event
- Two Advisory Groups Representing $240MM in Assets Move to Arkadios
- Travel + Leisure Readers Give San Miguel De Allende a Reason to Celebrate as It Ranks In World's Best Awards
- Georgia: Frito-Lay Announces $200 Million Expansion, 120 New Jobs in Houston County
- NS4ed Partners with MetaMetrics to Offer Quantile Measures and Career Database for new Career-Focused Algebra and Geometry Curricula
- Thiel College and local Veterans of Foreign Wars post to research connections to Camp Reynolds and World War II
- Lantek reinforces its southern European presence by adding a new distributor, AlfaSolid, in Greece and Cyprus
- JNESHIA Unveils New Single "KINGZ"
- Georgia: Residential Apartment Brand 'Common' to Establish Second Headquarters in Atlanta, Create 274 Jobs
- WJ Castle Awarded Underwater Inspection Contract from PEPCO Holdings
- Atlanta: Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms Extends Moratorium on Residential Evictions and Filings Due to COVID-19
- Over $10,000 Donated to Greater Bluffton Jasper County Volunteers in Medicine from Peacock Subaru
- Intermountain Healthcare Implements DeepThink Health's Precision Intelligence Solutions to Manage its Molecular Tumor Board