Individual Income Tax: Individual Income Tax collections totaled nearly $1.16 billion, for an increase of $14.4 million, or 1.3 percent, compared to December 2018 when Income Tax collections totaled $1.14 billion.
• Individual Income Tax refunds issued (net of voided checks) increased by $41.4 million or 167.4 percent.
• Individual Withholding payments for December were up $36.7 million, or 3.4 percent, over last year.
• Individual Income Tax Estimated payments for the month were up $4.6 million, or 11 percent.
• All other Individual Tax categories, including Non-Resident Return payments, were up a combined $14.5 million.
Sales and Use Tax: Gross Sales and Use Tax collections increased by $15.4 million, or 1.5 percent, up from a total of $1.04 billion in FY 2019. Net Sales and Use Tax increased by approximately $0.2 million compared to last year when net sales tax totaled $526.1 million. The adjusted Sales Tax distribution to local governments totaled $524.1 million for an increase of $21.2 million, or 4.2 percent, while Sales Tax Refunds fell by roughly $6 million, or -53.3 percent, from a total of $11.2 million in FY 2019.
More on Georgia Chron
- The Oklahoma 100 helps Jones PR land largest-ever account
- Record Growth for Number of Public Electric Vehicle Charging Stations in Georgia Last Year
- Mencom Offers Connections for Stage Equipment
- Profisee Positioned as a Challenger in the 2020 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Master Data Management Solutions
- Co-Founder of Red Feather Financial, Dr. Sabrina Scott Reviews The SECURE Act
Corporate Income Tax: Corporate Income Tax collections increased by nearly $66.5 million, or 36.9 percent, compared to FY 2019 when Corporate Tax collections totaled approximately $180 million for December.
• Corporate Income Tax refunds issued (net of voids) were up $16.9 million or 142.1 percent.
• Corporate Estimated Tax payments for the month increased by $67.9 million or 43.7 percent.
• Corporate Income Tax Return payments were up $16.1 million, or 67.7 percent, over last year.
• All other Corporate Tax categories, including Corporate S-Corp payments, were down a combined $0.6 million.
Motor Fuel Taxes: Motor Fuel Tax collections increased by nearly $0.7 million, or 0.5 percent, compared to FY 2019.
Motor Vehicle - Tag & Title Fees: Motor Vehicle Tag & Title Fees decreased by $0.5 million, or -2 percent, compared to last year, while Title Ad Valorem Tax (TAVT) collections declined by almost $19 million, or -28.5 percent.
Latest on Georgia Chron
- Georgia: Enchem to Build Two Facilities in Jackson County, Create 300 Jobs
- Georgia Earns Top Spot for Regional Workforce Development
- Vulcan Boot Camp Receives 2019 Savannah Award
- Golf Gum® and the Liquid Core® Delivery System, Capable of Fueling Better Scores, Announce Debut of SPACE STATION® Distribution Device at PGA Show
- MobilDrTech, Inc. enhances their medical product line with Acumentrics' Pack-Power™ System
- W.J. Castle, P.E. & Assoc., P.C. (CASTLE) has been honored by New Jersey Alliance for Action as a 2019 Distinguished Engineering Award Recipient
- Broccoli City Reveals 2020 Festival Lineup And Announces Its Return To The Nation's Capital For Eighth Annual Celebration Of Music, Art And Culture
- Georgia: Amazon to Launch New Fulfillment Center, Create 500 Jobs in Coweta County
- Georgia: Governor, First Lady Introduce Anti-Human Trafficking Legislation
- Clearwave Launches New Patient Interface Solution
- Mind Gear Studios Founder starts new company Shrimpboot Games
- Forum on Film Finance, Production & Distribution to be Held on Sunday, February 9th in Los Angeles
- MC Companies Wins 'Rookie Fundraiser Team of the Year' by the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation For National Sponsorship Impact
- Nude Envie's New Cheek Collection
- Southern Company Named to FORTUNE's 2020 World's Most Admired Companies List
- Rented.com and MyVR Announce Revenue Management Partnership
- IAOP Announces 2020 Leadership Hall of Fame Inductees
- Boarding School Crewed Vessel To Set Sail On Second Transatlantic Journey
- Announcing Custom CO2 System for Georgia Power's Arc in a Box Safety Training
- Digital Immunity Amps Up the Cybersecurity Arsenal With Version 3.0 of DI PROTECT™