"I am excited to welcome Enchem to Georgia," said Governor Kemp. "Building on the success of SK Innovation in Jackson County, this is exactly the type of quality project that we hoped to attract when visiting Korea on our first international trip last June. As the market for electric vehicles and batteries continues its rapid growth, it's great to see the industry building a hub here in Georgia. Our strong international partnerships - like the one we have established between South Korea and Georgia - will continue to benefit hardworking Georgians and create opportunities throughout the state in the years ahead."
Enchem is a Korean technology leader specializing in the development and manufacturing of electrolytes for rechargeable batteries and electrostatic double-layer capacitors (ELDCs). Enchem is the first announced supplier for SK innovation, which broke ground in Jackson County in March 2019 on its $1.67 billion battery manufacturing plant. Since its founding in 2012, Enchem has developed multiple new electrolytes and functional additives to improve and extend battery life. It continues to increase its sales to major rechargeable battery and EDLC manufacturers worldwide.
More on Georgia Chron
- Georgia: Technical College System Announces Online Academy to Expand Cloud Computing Workforce
- Digital Media Solutions Names Kathy Bryan As Chief Marketing Officer
- AutoQuotes and FEDA Announce New Strategic Partnership
- Lantek increases its turnover by 9.6%, reaching $23 million
- ThreeMain Goes Carbon Neutral, Sells Out Of Inventory
"Enchem America is excited to build our factory in Georgia and will surely benefit from its infrastructure, transportation, and excellent weather," said EnChem CEO Oh, Jung Kang.
"Jackson County's thriving business climate continues to attract top companies from around the world," said Jackson County Board of Commissioners Chairman Tom Crow. "We're excited to welcome Enchem to Jackson County."
Georgia Department of Economic Development (GDEcD) Director of Korean Investment Yoonie Kim represented the Global Commerce Division on this competitive project in partnership with the Jackson County Development Authority, Georgia EMC, and Georgia Quick Start.
"I congratulate and thank Enchem on its decision to invest in Georgia," said GDEcD Commissioner Pat Wilson. "Our department's strategic representation in Korea since 1985 demonstrates our ongoing commitment to the Korean market and community. I appreciate the partnerships and programs like Georgia Quick Start that we rely on to ensure that our workforce and companies find success."
In fiscal year 2019, South Korea was a leader in both foreign direct investment and jobs in Georgia, investing $1.87 billion and creating 2,507 jobs.
More on Georgia Chron
- Jordan Belfort, Wolf of Wall Street, to Speak at 7th Annual CEO Summit
- The Global Premedia Network (GPN) announced today further expansion of its strategic partnership with premedia providers from Europe and Oceania
- TV Personality Santana Rodriguez Inks Deal with New Media Company, Expanding Audience for Her Popular TV Series "Shaping Up with Santana"
- Metavivor Announces Additional Metastatic Breast Cancer Research Awards
- Patriot Travel Reviews 7 New Viking River Cruise Ships for 2020
Enchem Ltd electrolytes are recognized as being able to guarantee long battery life, high power, large capacity, high safety, and stability in rechargeable batteries and EDLCs. Electrolytes developed by Enchem have been recognized for their performance in high-voltage, high-capacity, and high-power rechargeable batteries used in leading edge IT and electrical vehicle applications. The rapid transition from small mobile technology rechargeable batteries to mid- and large-size hybrid and electric vehicle batteries (xES) and energy storage system (ESS) batteries has increased electrolyte consumption and customer requests, prompting the creation of two new plants. Additional information is available at www.enchem.net.
Latest on Georgia Chron
- AssureSign Joins the Leaders' Sector in 2020 Aragon Research Globe Report for Digital Transaction Management
- New Version of HLN's Award Winning Open Source Immunization Forecaster Released
- Sisterhood of the Outdoors EHG Elite Turkey Camo Launch a Huge Success
- SAM9000 AI Project Management App adds Document and Email Management, now available in full release
- Gov. Kemp: 2019 Another Record Year for Georgia Exports
- Georgia: January Net Tax Revenues Up 4.5%
- Gov. Kemp Celebrates Georgia Made Day
- Georgia: Kemp Names Appointments to Griffin Judicial Circuit
- Georgia: Kemp Names Appointment to State Court of Bulloch County
- Symplast Welcomes Former AtlasKPI Executive Randy Torban as Head of New Practice Analysis Department
- Global Sales Expert and Former Xerox Executive Joins CEO Coaching International
- First Connecticut Office Building Tokenized
- Telliant Systems Expands Digital Software Technology Outreach with Sponsorship at The TAG Summit in Atlanta
- Datavalet And Alpine Growth Partners Launch Growth And Acquisition Strategy With New Ceo
- Macon: The State of the Community is Vibrant
- W-type Series Rectangular Enclosures For Aggressive Environments
- Customer Scout Automotive SEO Receives "Highest Rated" DrivingSales Award
- Fulfilling Elders' Dreams in Senior Living Communities Across the Country
- Atlanta: Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms Issues Executive Order to Place Moratorium on Issuance of New Construction Permits Near Westside Park
- Atlanta: Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms Issues Administrative Order Calling for Allocation of $100 Million in Bonds for Affordable Housing