- Free Future Legal Eagles Flight School National Pre-Law Summit for Black Youth and Parents Launches This Week
- Atlanta: Update on City Pools
- Prepare your child for the Olympics of Education
"Fitz Johnson's remarkable record of service to our nation, experience as a private sector business leader, and dedication to his community uniquely qualify him to serve our state on the Public Service Commission," said Governor Kemp. "With his diverse background and real-world leadership credentials, I know Fitz will work hard every day to ensure Georgia remains the top state for business and the best place to live, work, and raise a family."
More on Georgia Chron
- Industry opportunities grow in Macon-Bibb with new medicinal cannabis cultivation and production facility
- Superhero Fans Wanted at Worthy One Store Shop Til You Drop
- Macon: Public Forums on changes to the Alcohol Code
- WestRock Announces Quarterly Dividend of $0.24 Per Share
- Innovative learning blasts into the future
Fitz Johnson is a businessman, a 21-year veteran of the U.S. Army, and a long-time Georgia resident. He has vast experience in building and leading companies and non-profits, driving growth and producing positive results. An active member in his community, Johnson has served on several boards, including Kennesaw State University Foundation Board of Trustees, the Cumberland Counseling Center, the Wellstar Health System Board of Trustees, as a Commissioner on the State Charter Schools Commission, and an active member of his local Chamber of Commerce.
A passionate sports fan and former owner of the Atlanta Beat (WPS), Johnson has served as a community football, soccer, and wrestling coach helping to mentor, develop, and teach today's youth through sports. Johnson is a graduate of The Citadel and holds a master's in education from Troy University, and a J.D. from the University of Kentucky College of Law. He is a member of Cumberland Community Church. He and his wife, Suzann Wilcox, have four wonderful children and five beautiful grandchildren.
Latest on Georgia Chron
- Macon: Dinking, driving, and donating for Brookdale Warming Center
- BitPay Adds Litecoin to Expand Coin Integrations
- Liquid CORE® Gum Company, Inspired by Iconic Big Waves at Nazaré, Announces Plans to Develop European Factory and HQ in Portugal
- Psychologist Dr. Amy Stark Releases Two Guided Meditations
- NEW Innovative Mobility Device: Zeen® Disrupts Walker/Wheelchair Industries
- Blue Marble Video Selected as Agency of Record by Georgia Department of Economic Development
- ECONYL® Online Platform Launches for Conscious Consumers
- eVolve MEP and PypeServer Introduce Pipe Spool Export Plugin
- Filmmaker Kevin Stirling's New Doc "HUBBLE SPACE WONDERS" To Screen Coast-Coast at Woods Hole, Oregon Doc Film Fests; Wins Top REMI at Worldfest-HOU
- National Vision Holdings, Inc. Announces Second Quarter 2021 Earnings Release and Conference Call
- Chicago Gospel Heritage Music Museum and The Spin Awards form strategic alliance
- Get ready for the Olympics of Virtual Learning
- Introducing Mobile First Templates by SlideUpLift
- Live music Noche Caliente Latin Night Atlanta w/ Red Wine Latin Band Aug 7th
- Center Parc Credit Union announces local partners for construction of new flagship financial center
- Ironside Human Resources Celebrates 10 Years
- Atlanta: Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms Issues Executive Order Requiring Mask Use in All Public Places While Indoors
- Moving Companies Struggle to Keep Up With High Demand: New Survey From moveBuddha.com Reveals
- Governor Kemp, Attorney General Carr Issue Statement on State's Response to DOJ Lawsuit Targeting Georgia's Election Integrity Act
- Vandi Lynnae Announces New Single 'Dancing Through The Rain'