- Oakmont Dentist, Dr. Jason Choorapuzha Remains Committed to Excellence Through Continuing Education
- Macon: Next Level students learn about government, get recognition
- Macon: Central Georgia CASA begins training newest cohort of volunteers
Atlanta, GA – Governor Brian P. Kemp today announced that Grupo Bimbo, a leading global baking company, will invest over $200 million to build a second production facility in Valdosta, creating 295 new jobs in Lowndes County.
"Time and again, companies are recognizing the strengths of communities across Georgia and investing in all corners of the state," said Governor Brian Kemp. "Last year we celebrated over 60 percent of jobs created outside of metro Atlanta, and we're staying focused on bringing opportunity to all Georgians, no matter their zip code. We're excited that Grupo Bimbo has chosen the Peach State for this investment and look forward to others in the years to come."
Grupo Bimbo has 203 plants and more than 1,700 sales centers strategically located in 33 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, Asia, and Africa. Its main product lines include fresh and frozen sliced bread, buns, cookies, snack cakes, English muffins, bagels, pre-packaged foods, tortillas, salted snacks, and confectionery products, among others.
Grupo Bimbo's new facility will be located at the Westside Business Park, a Georgia Ready for Accelerated Development (GRAD) certified site, in Valdosta. To earn GRAD certification, a property must undergo due diligence and complete specific certification requirements prior to a visit by a prospective business. Through this program, Georgia has more than 60 industrial certified sites that are ready for fast-track industrial projects.
More on Georgia Chron
"We are delighted that Grupo Bimbo decided to add a second facility in Valdosta and Lowndes County," said Valdosta Mayor Scott James Matheson. "This project speaks to the positive collaboration between local and state partners that continues making our community a desirable location for world-class companies like Grupo Bimbo to invest and grow their business."
"Lowndes County is extremely pleased to welcome Grupo Bimbo to our community and into a diverse group of industries," said Bill Slaughter, Chairman of the Lowndes County Board of Commissioners. "Creating quality jobs for our residents is a top priority for local officials. We are confident that Lowndes County's infrastructure and talented workforce will contribute to the success and future longevity of Grupo Bimbo."
Project Manager Kasey Smith represented the Georgia Department of Economic Development's (GDEcD) Global Commerce team on this competitive project in partnership with Valdosta-Lowndes Development Authority, Georgia Quick Start, and Georgia Power. Quick Start, provided through the Technical College System of Georgia, is the top ranked workforce training program in the nation. The program helps assess workers, train new employees on unique processes on projects, and develop customized job-specific training using the most current techniques and media.
More on Georgia Chron
"Since Grupo Bimbo joined our Georgia family of international companies last year, they have been a strong community partner and premier employer in the Valdosta region," said GDEcD Commissioner Pat Wilson. "It is always exciting when a company that has invested in Georgia decides to invest again. Congratulations to Grupo Bimbo and the Valdosta-Lowndes community for this next step in a long-term partnership!"
Latest on Georgia Chron
- Scientist discover a very effective ingredient to lose weight at a fast pace
- Insight Sourcing Group's Annual Year-in-Review Highlights Accomplishments of 2022
- Islamic Speakers Bureau Of Atlanta Leadership Institute Announces Class Of 2023
- STS Capital Partners Announces Sean Friday as New Chief Executive Officer
- BASF and Cargill further expand their partnership to offer high-performance enzyme solutions to animal protein producers in the United States
- AVTECH Software Acquires Long Time United Kingdom Partner OPENXTRA
- Diesel Owners - Save Fuel – Reduce DPF Maintenance – ECOFuelMax
- VSoft Names Steve Thomas as Vice President of Sales to Support Company's Continued Growth
- North American and Annexus Continue to Define Industry with Launch of North American Secure Horizon Choice Fixed Index Annuity
- CytoSMART Technologies Joins the Axion BioSystems Brand
- Serta Simmons Bedding Takes Decisive Actions to Strengthen Financial Position and Drive Long-Term Growth
- Atlanta: Statement on Vine City Walmart Reopening
- One Week Left! ezW2 Speeds Up W2 Reporting with White Paper Printing Feature
- Guaranteed Rate to Expedite Rollout of Special Purpose Credit Program
- "Boca's Best Body" competition Presented by The Berman Team
- Curant Health Becomes Official rare360 Partner
- The Associated Colleges of the South (ACS) Announces Selection of 10 ACS Mellon Academic Leadership Fellows
- ATM Processing Provider DNS Certifies Just.Cash Bitcoin Program
- Seasoned Risk Stalwart Brian Hughes Joins Scienaptic As An Investor And Advisor
- Tobu Railway Begins Selling Mobile Version of NIKKO PASS Via Klook