- Atlanta: Forest Cove Relocation Moves Forward as Mayor Dickens and City Council Provide $1.5 Million Down Payment to Support Families
- 1040 Abroad publishes authoritative guide on the Foreign Tax Credit (FTC) and form 1116
- SWM and Neenah Announce Executive Leadership Team and Operational Structure for Combined Company Post Close
"It says a lot when household names like Procter & Gamble repeatedly choose Georgia to do business," said Governor Brian Kemp. "My administration has been laser-focused on creating jobs and opportunities in rural Georgia, and I am confident that hardworking Georgians in Butts County, at the Georgia Ports Authority, and along every other step of the way will make sure Procter & Gamble's products get out the door and to the market."
Headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio, the Procter & Gamble Company (P&G) specializes in a wide range of personal healthcare and hygiene products. The company's portfolio includes numerous household name brands. P&G also operates a manufacturing facility in Albany and a distribution center outside of Atlanta.
"We are excited to expand our footprint in Georgia to better meet demand for our products and serve our consumers," said Ignacio Arranz, Senior Vice President, P&G Physical Distribution Innovation. "We are grateful to the Butts County community for their support and look forward to many years of partnership and growth."
More on Georgia Chron
- Riskonnect Recognized as a 'Leader' by Independent Global Research and Advisory Firm
- Atlanta Information Management (AIM) Hosts Technology Job & Resource Fair
- ICYMI: Governor Kemp Travels State Putting Georgians First, Makes Largest Economic Development Announcement in State History
- MaximBio Expands Sales and Marketing Organization and Adds WellTree Molecular Group as a new Distribution Partner
- Average American Spends $78 On Jewelry Annually, Finds New CWC Jewelry Market Study
P&G's new distribution center will be located at 950 Logistics Parkway in Jackson, Georgia. The state-of-the-art, automated facility will be more than 1 million square feet once completed.
"On the behalf of the Board of Commissioners and our Development Authority, we are proud to welcome Procter & Gamble as our newest corporate citizen to Butts County," said Board of Commissioners' Chair Joe Brown. "Their investment represents a significant milestone in Butts County, and we look forward to a long and mutually rewarding relationship. I also want to thank our local delegation and representatives for their commitment to our community and supporting quality growth."
"Congratulations to the Procter & Gamble team as well as our many partners in economic development on another strong announcement for the region," said Metro Atlanta Chamber President and CEO Katie Kirkpatrick. "Procter & Gamble will be well situated to benefit from metro Atlanta's strengths in logistics. In addition to our status as a hub for technological innovation, today's announcement will bolster Georgia's reputation and leadership in the supply chain sector."
More on Georgia Chron
- EVO Payments Acquires North49 to Deliver B2B Integrated Payments for Sage Users
- Pay Rate is Top Priority for U.S. Job Seekers 2022 Voice of the Blue-Collar Worker Survey Finds
- Do You Have Any Experience With Play-To-Earn Games/NFTs?
- Gov. Kemp: Hyundai Motor Group to Invest $5.54 Billion in Georgia at First Fully Dedicated Electric Vehicle and Battery Manufacturing Facility
- Steve and Marjorie Harvey Establish the Legacy Ranch in Upson County, Georgia - Building on The Rock Ranch founded by the Cathy Family
"Procter & Gamble's decision to expand operations here in Georgia is a testament to the state's broad logistics network and its ability to reach major domestic and global markets efficiently," said Griff Lynch, Executive Director of the Georgia Ports Authority. "At GPA, we are proud to help support the growth of jobs and opportunities delivered by prominent companies such as P&G."
Director of Industrial Projects Bob Kosek represented the Georgia Department of Economic Development's (GDEcD) Global Commerce team on this competitive project in partnership with the Development Authority of Butts County, Metro Atlanta Chamber, Georgia Ports Authority, and Georgia Power.
"We are excited that Procter & Gamble has once again chosen Georgia to expand," said GDEcD Commissioner Pat Wilson. "Georgia's superior logistics infrastructure – including a robust system of highways connected to 80% of the U.S. market by less than two days of driving – will connect the company's existing facilities and new distribution center to key markets across the globe. Our great thanks go to the Georgia Ports Authority for their future-focused investments in our record-breaking inland and deepwater ports that keep Georgia competitive."
Latest on Georgia Chron
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionist Marisa Moore Celebrates Honey as a Natural Ingredient in Partnership with the National Honey Board
- Mallow Selected As Head of Major East Savannah Revitalization Project
- Carter's, Inc. Announces Quarterly Dividend
- TOKYO SKYTREE Celebrates Its 10th anniversary! Let's Pay Homage to this Japanese Landmark and World's Tallest Freestanding Broadcast Tower
- Angel Oak Recognized as One of Georgia's Fastest-Growing Companies
- Two Eco-Events Made Big Impacts in Georgia's Gwinnett County this Spring
- Actress & Voting Rights Activist, Angelica Love Ross Endorses Rep. Renitta Shannon for Lt. Governor
- The world's most anticipated blockchain game "Rise of Elves", is going to launch its Closed Beta in May!
- Noted storyteller and technologist Angelica McKinley joins the board of NMHA
- West Shore Construction Named #1 Hurricane Fabric Dealer in the Country
- Exterro Enhances Digital Forensic and Incident Response Automation with Major Upgrades to FTK® Connect
- PURE Property Management Launches Institutional Management Division, Provides High-tech, High-touch, and Hyperlocal Property Management Nationwide
- AGCO to Present at the Morgan Stanley 7th Annual Sustainable Futures Conference
- Dungeon Forward Inks Multi Collection Deal with Nickelodeon and Paramount Consumer Products
- Autotrader Names 10 Great Cars for Grads in Class of 2022
- M.King Media's 2nd Special Report "Black America: We Have A Problem" Is Now Streaming
- Hustle & Blow Dry Bar Announces New Location and Rebrand to Full Bloom Salon & Dry Bar
- Silva Capital Solutions Celebrates 25th Anniversary
- Atlanta: Mayor's Office of Cultural Affairs Presents Jazz 101
- SNEB Annual Conference explores technologies impact on nutrition education