Georgia EMC (@Georgia_EMC): "We applaud the commitment of @GovKemp to keep Georgia the #1 state to do business while the Peach state continues to recover from the impact of COVID-19."
Georgia Motor Trucking Association (@GATrucking): "Kudos to @GovKemp for this wise move to help protect Georgia businesses and the state's strong economic recovery."
Georgia Restaurant Association (@GRAToday): "Thank you @GovKemp! The GRA welcomes this news as it will greatly assist #restaurants in their recovery efforts, bringing employees back to work, and navigating the upcoming colder dining months."
More on Georgia Chron
- Hurricane Zeta crossing Georgia, more than 550,000 customers without power
- Life and Times of Alex Esguerra, Now Officially on Paperback
- "Rap Snacks" a solo art and design exhibition by KingPop
- Nine Sandfly Businesses Plan Nov 7 Fundraiser to Restore From Fire
- IHG Hotels & Resorts shares new data showing sports and entertainment leading the comeback for group travel
The American Transaction Processors Coalition (@TransactAlley): "Congratulations to Gov. Brian Kemp on his announcement that $1.5 Billion in CARES Act Funding to be allocated to the Unemployment Insurance Trust Fund. The effort will benefit Georgia payments processors and their customers who were impacted by COVID-19"
Georgia Insurance & Safety Fire Commissioner John King: "This money will be a lifeline to all Georgians, including insurance and fire safety professionals who were laid off due to COVID-19. I will continue working with Governor Kemp to protect the lives and livelihoods of all Georgians."
Georgia Chamber of Commerce: "The Georgia Chamber commends Governor Kemp for appropriating $1.5B to replenish the state's unemployment insurance (UI) trust fund which has been significantly depleted as a result of the pandemic's impact on Georgia's economy. The distribution of these benefits to Georgians experiencing COVID-recession job loss provide real peace of mind to our families as well as help sustain vital economic activity. As we look forward to recovery and a holistic return-to-work movement, it is crucial that our leaders find creative solutions to keep important programs funded without putting increased burdens on employers. Governor Kemp's action today underscores his commitment to Georgia workers, job creators, and the continued economic prosperity of our state." - Chris Clark, President & CEO, Georgia Chamber of Commerce
More on Georgia Chron
- Haddonfield NJ Zoning Board Approves Real Estate Office Lounge in Retail Zone on Kings Highway
- The Christian Gospel radio industry treks in for the 4th annual Spin Awards from across the country
- Intern Pursuit Receives Investment From The 5th Floor Avalon Innovation Center Fund
- Equifax and Urjanet Named LendIt Fintech "Most Promising Partnership"
- The Freedom Movement is Under Way: Join Your Fellow Americans Fighting Back Against Tyranny
Metro Atlanta Chamber: "Georgia's Unemployment Insurance Trust Fund provides an essential safety net for our workforce, particularly in tough times, as we are experiencing in 2020 due to COVID-19. Governor Kemp's decision to direct these funds to replenish the trust fund is welcome news. It will boost our state's economic recovery by allowing employers to put resources back into their businesses and bring on additional employees rather than paying higher taxes." - Marshall Guest, Senior Vice President, Public Policy, Business Climate, Metro Atlanta Chamber
NFIB Georgia: "2020 has been a challenging year for Georgia's small business owners and employees. Today's announcement means people who lost their jobs through no fault of their own because of the pandemic will have the support they need until they can return to work, and it relieves the financial pressure on the General Assembly to raise taxes on small businesses in order to support the Georgia Unemployment Trust Fund." - Nathan Humphrey, State Director, NFIB Georgia
View the announcement from Governor Kemp's office: https://madmimi.com/p/7ddf511?pact=1196231-160298872-12479615646-e1d3d0…
Latest on Georgia Chron
- Maven Announces Expansion Plans With New USA Partner
- Wardlaw Claims Service and SelectMethods Announce Innovative Joint Venture to Redefine the Policyholder Experience
- Gwinnett Clean & Beautiful Preps for Socially Distanced America Recycles Day
- Green Bee Buzzes Into Whole Foods Market's Mid-Atlantic Region
- OpsVeda 9.0 focuses on agility and automation needs of enterprises in the post-Covid era
- Georgia: Toyota Industries Compressor Parts America Announces Jackson County Expansion
- A Comprehensive Discussion at Offshorecorptalk.com Reveals Anonymous Cryptocurrencies
- Entrinsik Dominates in BARC – BI & Analytics 2021 Survey
- Georgia: Gov. Kemp Applauds Confirmation of U.S. Supreme Court Justice Amy Coney Barrett
- Tryp Technologies Inc Launching Delivery Service, TripDelivers in Nashville, TN
- Americans Bombarded by 9.4 Billion Political Robocalls This Year, Says Nomorobo Report
- Supreme Court Justice Amy Coney Barrett Bobblehead Figure Released
- Precision Wins US HHS HubZone Showcase #3 SPOTLIGHT
- Colleen Burns Shares Advice With Busy Moms on Tips on TV Blog
- Georgia: Kemp Names 14 Appointments
- Taylor Morrison Wins Gold for HomeAid Partnership
- The Coca-Cola Company Announces Sustainability Presentation
- Southern Company Recognized As Nation's Most Transparent Utility
- Marc Ganzi, CEO of Colony Capital, Announced as a Keynote at The Connected Virtual Tech Event November 16th 2020
- Georgia EMCs Announce Tools for Rural Broadband Expansion at PSC