- Free Future Legal Eagles Flight School National Pre-Law Summit for Black Youth and Parents Launches This Week
- Atlanta: Update on City Pools
- Prepare your child for the Olympics of Education
Year-over-year comparisons of state net tax collections for the spring quarter of April-June are made difficult by both the deferral of 2020 state tax filing deadlines for quarterly and annual income taxes to July 15th and the 2021 deferral of the annual individual income tax filing deadline to May 17th. While annual totals will be comparable as of June 30th, monthly year-over-year comparisons may not be appropriate since financial results were impacted by the economic implications of the Coronavirus pandemic and the aforementioned shifting of return filing deadlines.
Individual Income Tax: Net Individual Income Tax collections for May totaled roughly $1.57 billion, for an increase of $708.8 million, or 82.7 percent, compared to May 2020 when net Individual Tax revenues totaled $857.1 million.
More on Georgia Chron
- Industry opportunities grow in Macon-Bibb with new medicinal cannabis cultivation and production facility
- Superhero Fans Wanted at Worthy One Store Shop Til You Drop
- Macon: Public Forums on changes to the Alcohol Code
- WestRock Announces Quarterly Dividend of $0.24 Per Share
- Innovative learning blasts into the future
The following notable components within Individual Income Tax combine for the net increase:
- Individual Income Tax refunds issued (net of voided checks) increased by $239.6 million, or 150.9 percent
- Individual Withholding payments increased by $71.5 million, or 7.6 percent, from May FY 2020
- Individual Income Tax Return payments were up $830.9 million, or 2030.7 percent, over last year
- All other categories, including Estimated income tax payments, were up a combined $46 million
Sales and Use Tax: Gross Sales and Use Tax collections in May increased by $381.5 million, or 42.1 percent, to a total of roughly $1.29 billion for the month. Net Sales and Use Tax increased by $207.8 million, or 46.2 percent, compared to last year, when net sales tax totaled $449.9 million. The adjusted Sales Tax distribution to local governments totaled $626 million for an increase of $176.4 million, or 39.2 percent, while Sales Tax Refunds fell by $2.6 million, or -37.3 percent, compared to May FY 2020.
More on Georgia Chron
- Light and Livable Style -- Ballard Designs Rocks a Modern Rustic Inspiration in New Product Collection
- DJ Hustle Launches Hustle Level Apparel And Website
- Carter's, Inc. Issues Inaugural Corporate Social Responsibility Report
- UCASU's Pending 10K Will Report Big Come-back for Year 2020
- Macon: 50 houses down in our #BlightFight
Corporate Income Tax: Net Corporate Income Tax collections for the month totaled $51.2 million, which was an increase of $26.8 million, or 109.6 percent, over last year when net Corporate Tax revenues totaled $24.5 million.
The following notable components within Corporate Income Tax make up the net increase:
- Corporate Income Tax refunds (net of voids) were up $21.3 million, or 765.7 percent, over last year
- Corporate Income Tax Estimated payments increased by $34 million, or 156.1 percent, from May 2020
- Corporate Income Tax Return payments were up $10.3 million, or 425.3 percent, compared to FY 2020
- All other Corporate Tax categories, including S-Corp tax payments, were up a combined $3.8 million
Motor Fuel Taxes: Motor Fuel Tax collections were up $56.5 million, or 49.7 percent, compared to last year, when motor fuel gallons purchased and driven were diminished due to the Coronavirus driven economic slowdown.
Motor Vehicle - Tag & Title Fees: Motor Vehicle Tag & Title Fees increased by nearly $2.5 million, or 8.7 percent, in May, while Title Ad Valorem Tax (TAVT) collections increased by $41.1 million, or 125.5 percent, over FY 2020.
Latest on Georgia Chron
- Ironside Human Resources Celebrates 10 Years
- Atlanta: Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms Issues Executive Order Requiring Mask Use in All Public Places While Indoors
- Moving Companies Struggle to Keep Up With High Demand: New Survey From moveBuddha.com Reveals
- Governor Kemp, Attorney General Carr Issue Statement on State's Response to DOJ Lawsuit Targeting Georgia's Election Integrity Act
- Vandi Lynnae Announces New Single 'Dancing Through The Rain'
- Georgia: ICYMI: Governor Kemp, First Lady Lead Efforts to Combat Crime, Criminal Street Gangs, and Human Trafficking
- Tru-Nut Releases New Keto Collagen Protein Powder at Publix Super Markets
- Fulvic Humic Acid for Gut Health from Age Immune
- LakePoint Sports to Put on Chevrolet Primetime Players Weekend, July 30-Aug. 1
- edjuster Partners with StaySafe to Deliver Workplace Safety Solutions to Lone Workers in Field Service Claims
- Duke Defense Expands Operations Beyond Byrna
- DS Smith Packaging Data: Business Sales Signal Consumer Shopping Surge for Home, Personal Care Goods and Alcohol
- IoT Leader KORE Announces Innovative Redemption Backstop Convertible Bond to Facilitate Public Listing
- Coca-Cola to Auction Its First-Ever NFT Collectibles on International Friendship Day
- Diabetes continues to be one of top causes of death in the United States
- RxSugar® Finds Sweet Success Following QVC® Appearances
- BronzeLens Returns As A Virtual Experience
- America's RV Warranty now offers RV insurance
- Lots of Tails Waggin' in Kansas City's West Bottoms First Friday Weekend
- DYSIS Announces New Compact and Portable Colposcope Design with Computer-Aided Cervical Mapping