"I am deeply grateful to the men and women of the Georgia National Guard fighting this pandemic,"said Governor Kemp. "Working with GEMA, DPH, and our partners in the medical field, the Georgia National Guard is providing critical support in our efforts to stop the spread of COVID-19 and mitigate its impact on our state."
Presently, Guardsmen from the Georgia Army and Air National Guard operate from the State Operations Center in Atlanta. Service members primarily serve as liaisons to receive and dispatch requests from state agencies to the Georgia National Guard's Joint Operations Center for resourcing.
More on Georgia Chron
- Macon: Commissioners Tillman & Watkins holding Race & Politics forum via Zoom
- Statement of Support for our Black Community
- Panel Built's Prefabricated Shelters Adapted to Form Covered Walkways
- Sinclair Broadcast Group's Commercial Deployment of ATSC 3.0 in Las Vegas Features High Dynamic Range Technology from Technicolor
- Company aims to save homeless pets during pandemic by empowering indy pet stores to reward adoption
The Georgia National Guard is currently engaging two Medical Support Teams at Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital in Albany, Georgia. The two teams - arriving on-site yesterday, March 26, and today, March 27 - are comprised of twenty-two service members, one doctor, two physician's assistants, four nurses, thirteen military medics, and a medical supply specialist. The Georgia National Guard also provided five ventilators for use at Phoebe Putney and has an additional five service members currently supporting Pruitt Palmyra Nursing Home in Albany.
These teams provide support to the professional medical staff at each facility in order to enable them to focus on critical life-saving requirements. It is important to note that these teams do not exist in the military. They are "purpose built" and have been deployed to the point of need in just over a week.
In addition to these two teams deployed to Albany, the Georgia National Guard generated twelve more teams for deployment across the state.
Latest on Georgia Chron
- Cure SMA Announces New Funding For Network Of Prominent SMA Clinical Research And Treatment Centers
- NS4ed to Release Career-Focused Algebra and Geometry Curricula in Fall 2020
- Local Los Angeles Community Comes Together In The Wake Of Looting Aftermath
- Post Covid-19 Back 2 Business Documentary Series To Share Creative and Innovative Solutions to Reopening Economies
- Author Reid Ashbaucher Develops New PowerPoint® Aid for Educational Use to Teach Eschatology from a Dispensational Theology Perspective
- DemandDynamics launches On Demand Services to support Microsoft Dynamics 365 customers
- SiliconExpert Celebrates 20th Anniversary with Launch of new SaaS Platform and Services for Parts, Bill-of-Materials, and Supply Chain Management
- NATP announces new week-long virtual education event
- Macadamian Partners with The Royal and The Perley and Rideau Veterans' Health Centres, to deploy a digital COVID-19 staff screening solution
- Japanese Spring and Summer Flowers
- "Phasers on Stun" - A lesson from the Future
- Onlive Server Launched Hong Kong VPS Server Hosting with One-Click Installation
- Georgia: Kemp, State Officials Give Press Briefing
- ECoffeeFinder.com Launches New Coffee Mug Collection
- Cyndi Walters Joins International Council on Active Aging Task Force to Lead Senior Living Transformation
- Can chiropractic care benefit the immune system?
- St. Vrain Valley School District's Award-Winning Charter School
- Gwinnett's Seaboard Junction Well-Poised for Summer Move-Ins
- Georgia: Media Advisory: Gov. Kemp, State Officials to Give Update on COVID-19
- Etgar 36 Announces Socially Distant Summer Civil Rights Journeys