"It's a pleasure to welcome Papa John's to the strong list of internationally known U.S. companies that have chosen the Peach State for their global headquarters," said Governor Kemp. "As the Top State for Business for seven consecutive years, these leading businesses know that Georgia has what they need to continue to thrive and expand. I'm confident that Papa John's will continue finding success in Georgia, and I look forward to seeing the exceptional opportunities this brings to hardworking Georgians across metro Atlanta."
Founded in 1984 with a commitment to "BETTER INGREDIENTS. BETTER PIZZA.," Papa John's has grown into an international brand with roughly 5,300 locations across North America, Europe, Latin America, Africa, and Asia. Papa John's currently employs 2,500 Georgians.
"Papa John's already has a major corporate presence in Georgia and metro Atlanta, and we know the many strengths of the region. So, we're especially excited to be expanding here, as part of our long-term growth plans," added Papa John's CEO and President Rob Lynch. "We owe our record momentum over the past nine months to the commitment, dedication, and innovation of our team members. Our ability to tap into the diversity and talent of the metro Atlanta area will help us accelerate that growth."
More on Georgia Chron
- The Joseph Company International Announces Expansion of Self-Chilling / Chill On Demand™ Packaging Innovations
- C&D | The Agency to Launch with #ExerciseYourRights Voter Education Initiative
- Itero Group LLC Fortune 100 Best Small Company
- Search Discovery Announces Launch of Apollo: The World's First Analytics Management System
- The Business Conference for Women of Color, MogulCon, Celebrates 5 Years
As part of the company's strategic reorganization and opening of its new headquarters facility, key corporate functions, including menu innovation, marketing, e-commerce, HR, diversity, operations excellence, communications, and development jobs will be moved to metro Atlanta. Individuals interested in career opportunities with Papa John's are encouraged to visit https://jobs.papajohns.com for additional information.
"We are pleased to welcome Papa John's to metro Atlanta," said Katie Kirkpatrick, president and CEO of the Metro Atlanta Chamber. "Papa John's will certainly benefit from our region's skilled talent pool, expertise in the restaurant/franchise industry, world class airport, and business-friendly environment."
Director of Corporate Solutions & Cyber Security Kristi Brigman represented the Georgia Department of Economic Development's (GDEcD) Global Commerce division on this competitive project in partnership with the Metro Atlanta Chamber and Georgia Power.
More on Georgia Chron
- PSXDigital Unveils Marketing Automation 360 to Accelerate Powersports Dealership Success
- Artelon Expands Leadership in Ankle Stability with FLEXBAND™ SOLO and ATL Anchoring Systems
- SENTA Partners Completes 3rd Affiliation in Two Months Through Partnership With Valdosta ENT
- Rockbrash Promotions Announces French Edition Release of My Brother, Muhammad Ali
- The new version 2.0 - OffshoreCorpTalk got an upgrade!
"Papa John's decision to open a headquarters in Georgia and expand in the state is a testament to our diverse pipeline of talent and the pro-business environment that we have fostered at both the state and local levels," said GDEcD Commissioner Pat Wilson. "I am grateful to Governor Kemp and to our economic development partners for helping us continue to deliver jobs and opportunities to Georgians."
This announcement comes on the heels of Area Development magazine naming Georgia the "Top State for Doing Business" for a record-breaking seventh year in a row. This achievement is determined by the rankings that states receive from site selectors who help corporations choose the right location for long-term success. These weighted scores include categories such as overall cost of doing business, cooperative and responsive state government, workforce development programs, speed of permitting, logistics and infrastructure, available real estate, and other factors. Georgia ranked No. 1 in 10 of the 13 categories and placed in the top five in the other three categories.
Latest on Georgia Chron
- Trump Is an 87% Favorite if Dow above 28,052 on Election Day
- AGCO Names Louisa Parker-Smith Director of Global Sustainability
- Most Dekalb Parents Want a Safe Plan for School Reopening
- Georgia: Gov. Kemp Extends COVID-19 Order
- Voter Suppression Antidote: "Grab 'em by the Postcard" Online Campaign Launches
- 9th Annual PINK FROG AFFAIR Returns to Benefit Breast Cancer Patients
- Panel Built Modular Walls Help Perfect Existing Office Space
- Leading Integrated Payments Company Paya Lists on Nasdaq
- Macon: Groundbreaking for the new Frankie E. Lewis Park
- 2020 Top TERROR-ific Haunted Attractions In The U.S
- Macon: Light the Night for Fallen Firefighters
- Macon: Commissioner Watkins selected for national, year-long program
- Macon: Solid Waste Department accepting garbage billing exemption requests
- Aaron's Delivers Life-Changing Surprise For Extraordinary Family
- Unique Penthouse Property For Sale by the sea in Dalkey, Dublin, Ireland
- Italian Cultural Institute Webinar Series: FELLINI FOREVER
- MarketKeep Updates Small Business SEO Industries List
- Evolve IP Appoints Pete Stevenson as CEO and Randal Thompson as CRO to Drive Next Phase of Growth
- Carter's Launches From Santa with Love, a First-of-Its-Kind Virtual Experience with Cameo to Bring Holiday Magic Directly to Families
- Official CMT Artist Ashley Wineland to Release New Single 'Daddy's Creed'