"We are excited to welcome Sonic Automotive, Inc. as they locate their regional headquarters to Gwinnett County," said Governor Kemp. "Our readily available talent and expansive logistics network will serve Sonic Automotive well as they locate in Duluth. The quality, well-paying jobs they will create will generate new opportunities for hardworking Georgians in the region, and I am grateful for Sonic Automotive's investment in Georgia."
Based in Charlotte, North Carolina, Sonic Automotive, Inc. operates more than 100 dealerships across 12 states in the U.S. Launched in the fall of 2014, EchoPark Automotive currently has nine locations across the U.S.
More on Georgia Chron
- Georgia: Gov. Kemp Provides Overview of Federal Guidance to Mitigate COVID-19 in Nursing Homes
- Georgia: Governor Kemp: USG, GEMA Partner to Provide Housing for Healthcare Workers in Albany
- Macon: Governor Kemp issues statewide Shelter in Place Executive Order
- MC Residential Communities Ranks 13th Best Company To Work Multifamily® For Women In The Nation
- Modular Offices Offer Quick Space Solutions For Those In Need of Controlled Space
"EchoPark Automotive will bring a unique guest experience to residents of Gwinnett County and surrounding areas," said David B. Smith, CEO of Sonic Automotive and EchoPark Automotive, Inc. "We are thankful for the support of Governor Kemp, the Georgia Department of Economic Development, Partnership Gwinnett, Georgia Power, and the Metro Atlanta Chamber of Commerce. Our mission is more than just selling cars, and we are looking forward to becoming an integral part of the Gwinnett County community in the coming months."
The new facility in Gwinnett will serve as a regional headquarters, showroom, and Customer Experience Center for the company's EchoPark brand.
"Our facility development team will transform the existing building into a space that empowers guests to shop the way they want and at their desired pace," Smith continued. "Rather than tearing down the existing building, our team will bring this facility back to life."
"We are excited to welcome Sonic Automotive's new regional headquarters to Gwinnett County," said Gwinnett County Commission Chair Charlotte Nash. "As the first location in the state, this site will provide the company with unparalleled access to their customer base, as well as a diverse and talented workforce."
More on Georgia Chron
- Georgia: Gov. Kemp Issues Order Deputizing Sheriffs
- Activist, Artist, and Entrepreneur Jonathan Lykes Presents The Black Joy Experience Virtual Concert
- Screening Eagle raises CHF 55 million to protect the built world
- Free Celebrity Concert LIVE Friday, April 3rd at 8pm est
- Florida Governor Issues Stay-at-Home Order All Legal Proceedings Must Go Online
"We're proud to welcome Sonic Automotive to metro Atlanta and our thriving ecosystem of diverse industries and companies," said Hala Moddelmog, president and CEO of the Metro Atlanta Chamber. "With the region's robust supply chain, rich talent pool, and business-friendly resources, Sonic is in the right place for continued company growth."
Georgia Department of Economic Development (GDEcD) Project Manager Sunny Anderson represented the Global Commerce Division in partnership with Georgia Power, Partnership Gwinnett, and the Metro Atlanta Chamber.
"Congratulations to Sonic Automotive, Inc. on their decision to locate in Duluth," said GDEcD Commissioner Pat Wilson. "I have no doubt that Georgia's top-ranked business climate will enable the company to find new levels of success, and I am proud to work with our incredible economic development partners in Gwinnett County and metro Atlanta to make exciting announcements like this one possible."
Latest on Georgia Chron
- Advanced Fever-detection Technology to Protect Against COVID-19 Launched by National Life Safety / Security Provider
- Charlotte-Based Real Estate Tech Startup Close Off Market, Inc. Launches New (Beta) Platform
- Arizona Businesswoman Launches Giveaway to Support Students During School Closure
- Ideanomics Announces Operations Back to Normal; Announces $8.1 Million in Orders
- Georgia: Kemp, Carden Deploy Soldiers to Fight COVID-19 in Long-Term Care Facilities
- Media Advisory: Gov. Kemp, DPH, GEMA, and Georgia Guard Provide COVID-19 Response Update
- IAOP Announces New Initiative with Its Impact Sourcing Champions Index
- AFOP Announces its 2020 Farmworker Children Essay and Art Contest
- Care Packages to Frontline Workers Delivered by Erasable Inc. of Tampa with Partners ZO Skin Health and HydraFacial
- Cousins Properties Completes Sale of Gateway Village
- Macon: Motor vehicle registration deadlines extended
- Work Grind Hustle,Inc. Launches 2 New T-Shirt Collections
- Atlanta: Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms Launches #ATLSTRONG Fund Giving Campaign
- Gov. Kemp, University System of Georgia Announce COVID-19 Testing Ramp-Up
- Enmarket Employees Get Pay Boost, Additional Safety Measures
- Gwinnett Clean & Beautiful Postpones Two Popular Spring Events Due to Coronavirus Pandemic
- Exquisite home for sale in an equestrian community!
- Case Study - El Pomar (caso De Estudio: El Pomar)
- Tip: COVID-19 hand dermatitis prevention
- edjuster Ensures Continuity of Services Across North America During COVID-19 Impact