Medical volunteers may be used to answer medical questions coming into the COVID-19 hotline or assist at test specimen collection sites. Non-medical volunteers may be used in administrative roles at either the call center or test collection sites or provide interpretation or other skills as needed.
To volunteer, log on to https://dph.georgia.gov/georgia-responds and click on the "Register Now" box. Registration only takes a few minutes. Prospective volunteers will be asked for their name, address, contact information, and occupation type. In order to be eligible for some assignments, responders are encouraged to complete a profile summary, which includes skills and certifications, training, medical history, emergency contact, and deployment preferences. Once your skills and credentials are reviewed, you will be notified by a DPH representative.
More on Georgia Chron
- Macon: Commissioners Tillman & Watkins holding Race & Politics forum via Zoom
- Statement of Support for our Black Community
- Panel Built's Prefabricated Shelters Adapted to Form Covered Walkways
- Sinclair Broadcast Group's Commercial Deployment of ATSC 3.0 in Las Vegas Features High Dynamic Range Technology from Technicolor
- Company aims to save homeless pets during pandemic by empowering indy pet stores to reward adoption
All Georgians play a critical role in helping to slow the spread of COVID-19 by adhering to the following guidance:
Practice social distancing by putting at least six feet between yourself and other people.
Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
Stay home if you are sick.
Wash your hands frequently and thoroughly with soap and water.
Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
For updates on the COVID-19 situation as it develops, follow @GaDPH, @GeorgiaEMA, and @GovKemp on Twitter and @GaDPH, @GEMA.OHS, and @GovKemp on Facebook.
For information about COVID-19, visit https://dph.georgia.gov/georgia-responds or https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html.
More on Georgia Chron
- North Georgia Community Comes Together for the Families of Rainbow Village
- First & Only Urine Test For Colon Polyps Expands Across The US
- Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms Creates Advisory Council to Examine Atlanta's Use of Force Policies and Procedures
- Mitsubishi Electric Trane HVAC US Shares Simple Tips to Give Your Bedroom A Style Boost
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Atascadero, CA Opens
Latest on Georgia Chron
- Can chiropractic care benefit the immune system?
- St. Vrain Valley School District's Award-Winning Charter School
- Gwinnett's Seaboard Junction Well-Poised for Summer Move-Ins
- Georgia: Media Advisory: Gov. Kemp, State Officials to Give Update on COVID-19
- Etgar 36 Announces Socially Distant Summer Civil Rights Journeys
- Skills Training Group - Now Delivering First Aid Training
- Johnson Investment Counsel's Pandemic and Business Continuity Planning Enables Employees to Work Anywhere
- Dr. Lettsome Renews His South Carolina Professional Engineering License
- Boston Industrial Solutions, Inc. introduces Volta™ M150 1-color tabletop pad printer machine for tagless printing
- Canadian Supply Chain Software Firm Sees Strong Focus on Their Systems' Native Paperless Features Among Existing and Future Clients
- 2020 US Presidential Election - Will Trump get re-elected? - Vedic Astrology Analysis
- Author Marvin Terry Rucker announces the release of his autobiography, Snatched Out of the Hand of the Enemy; his unadulterated testimony
- St. Paul Organization Serving African American Men Reflects On Its Mission of Navigating Systemic Racism
- Award-Winning Short Film Aims To Promote Suicide Awareness And Prevention
- Atlanta: Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms Issues an Executive Order to Extend Hazard Pay for Frontline City Employees
- New Hampshire Company Offers Technology to Automate Social Distance Monitoring and Contact Tracing
- MGN Logistics, Inc. Announces stock purchases in Transportation and Logistics Systems, Inc
- Los Angeles Based, 8th Floor LLC & ChildFaceMask.com Give Back to the Community While Protecting Children from COVID-19, Viruses, Allergies, & more
- OCI Announces Appointment of Dr. Luke Matranga, Former President of Academy of General Dentistry, to OCI Dental Advisory Board
- Limitless Herbal Ltd Closes on Multi-Million Dollar CBD Deal