- Atlanta: Forest Cove Relocation Moves Forward as Mayor Dickens and City Council Provide $1.5 Million Down Payment to Support Families
- 1040 Abroad publishes authoritative guide on the Foreign Tax Credit (FTC) and form 1116
- SWM and Neenah Announce Executive Leadership Team and Operational Structure for Combined Company Post Close
ATLANTA, May 13, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- Spotlighting a cross section of history's most influential Black artists, entertainers and icons, the Black Music and Entertainment Walk of Fame (BMEWOF) Crown Jewel of Excellence Black Music Month Class of 2022 Induction and Juneteenth Celebration will be held on Saturday, June 18. Today, the Black American Music Association (BAMAssoc) and the Georgia Entertainment Caucus (GEC), collaboratively announced the ceremony and plans for the Black Music Month Class of 2022 Induction.
BMEWOF Founders Catherine Brewton (GEC), Demmette Guidry (BAMAssoc), Erica Thomas (GEC), and Michael T Mauldin (BAMAssoc) are proud to unveil the names and categories of this year's Black Music Month Class of Inductees, which includes the legendary PRINCE as a Legacy Inductee. In honor of Prince's one of a kind greatness, his June 7th birthday and 25 years of Emancipation, the closing ceremonies will end with a spectacular fireworks display, featuring one of his more popular mainstream songs "Let's Go Crazy." A full list of all 16 legendary Inductees are as follows:
Cathy Hughes (Foundational), Edward Kennedy "Duke" Ellington (Foundational), Kenny Gamble & Leon Huff (Foundational), Robert Smith (Foundational), RUN DMC (Foundational), T.D. Jakes (Foundational), Charlie Wilson (Mainstream), Donnie McClurkin (Gospel), Tamela Mann (Gospel), The Clark Sisters (Gospel Group), NAS (Hip Hop), Angela Bassett (Actress), Steve Harvey (Mogul), Bob Marley (International), Patti LaBelle (Legacy), and Prince (Legacy).
More on Georgia Chron
- Riskonnect Recognized as a 'Leader' by Independent Global Research and Advisory Firm
- Atlanta Information Management (AIM) Hosts Technology Job & Resource Fair
- ICYMI: Governor Kemp Travels State Putting Georgians First, Makes Largest Economic Development Announcement in State History
- MaximBio Expands Sales and Marketing Organization and Adds WellTree Molecular Group as a new Distribution Partner
- Average American Spends $78 On Jewelry Annually, Finds New CWC Jewelry Market Study
With a national and international appeal, the BMEWOF will acknowledge, preserve, respect, and inspire the Black creative community for generations to come. Atlanta has long been the mecca of Black music and entertainment and the BMEWOF has already become a key addition, showcasing the industry's greatest contributors.
The Crown Jewel of Excellence emblems for the inductees of the BMEWOF are permanently installed on Martin Luther King Jr. Drive, in front of the Mercedes-Benz Stadium. The first two induction classes included: James Brown, Otis Redding, Quincy D. Jones, Stevie Wonder, Berry Gordy, Cicely Tyson, Ray Charles, and Smokey Robinson (Foundational Inductees), Michael Jackson and Lionel Richie (Legacy), Beyoncé and Mary J. Blige (Mainstream), Usher Raymond IV (Mainstream), New Edition (Mainstream Group), Shirley Caesar and Yolanda Adams (Gospel), Kirk Franklin and Donald Lawrence (Gospel), BeBe and CeCe Winans (Gospel Group), Missy Elliott and Ms. Lauryn Hill (Hip Hop), Outkast and Snoop (Hip Hop), Sean Love Combs and Tyler Perry (Mogul), and Fela Kuti (International).
The Crown Jewel of Excellence emblems for June 2022 – and for every class of inductees moving forward – will continue to be added at the BMEWOF's location in historic downtown Atlanta, preserved for all the world to see, and for generations to come.
For information and updates on the Black Music and Entertainment Walk of Fame head to: http://www.theblackwalkoffame.com/
And follow @blackwalkoffame on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook
About the Black Music and Entertainment Walk of Fame
The Walk of Fame is a joint initiative by the Black American Music Association (BAMAssoc) and Georgia Entertainment Caucus (GEC). With both a national and international appeal, the BMEWOF will honor iconic individuals and organizations that have impacted Black culture and community alongside those who continue to lead us into the future.
More on Georgia Chron
- EVO Payments Acquires North49 to Deliver B2B Integrated Payments for Sage Users
- Pay Rate is Top Priority for U.S. Job Seekers 2022 Voice of the Blue-Collar Worker Survey Finds
- Do You Have Any Experience With Play-To-Earn Games/NFTs?
- Gov. Kemp: Hyundai Motor Group to Invest $5.54 Billion in Georgia at First Fully Dedicated Electric Vehicle and Battery Manufacturing Facility
- Steve and Marjorie Harvey Establish the Legacy Ranch in Upson County, Georgia - Building on The Rock Ranch founded by the Cathy Family
About the Black American Music Association
Founded in 2017, the Black American Music Association (BAMAssoc) is a 501(c)(6) professional membership trade organization for music industry professionals, creators, scholars, music industry stakeholders and communities at large; interested in preserving, protecting, and promoting the legacy and the future of Authentic Black American Music as an indigenous art form. The BAMAssoc, along with its BAMFoundation 501(c)(3), collectively provides a unity of purpose, "transforming cultural relevance into community relevance" and has positioned itself to impact Black Culture nationally and internationally.
About the Georgia Entertainment Caucus
The Georgia Entertainment Caucus (GEC) is an Atlanta-based 501(c)3 organization founded by Georgia State Representative Erica Thomas and BMI Executive Catherine Brewton. GEC is focused on fostering systematic programs that bridge the gap between the Georgia Political Sector and the entertainment industry. The Georgia Entertainment Caucus is most widely noted as being a large supporter of Atlanta-area schools in the fields of art, entertainment, and Public Policy. The GEC has founded programs such as Star Student Live and the Criminal Justice Reform Summit, programs which promote community engagement, police reform, and students in the arts.
About Home Depot Backyard
The Home Depot Backyard, Atlanta's #BestBackyard, is located in the heart of downtown, just next door to Mercedes-Benz Stadium. Whether it's daily fitness classes, family-friendly events or tailgating amongst Atlanta's rowdiest, there's always a spot for you. Arts and culture, health and wellness and inspired learning are just some of the unique programming opportunities this greenspace has to offer. To learn more about The Home Depot Backyard, visit thehomedepotbackyard.com, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Black Music & Entertainment Walk of Fame
AMB Sports and Entertainment Communications
Stay connected to The Black American Music Association:
http://blackamericanmusicassociation.org/ Instagram: @blackama; Facebook, @blackama #yobam2022
Stay connected: Georgia Entertainment Caucus:
http://www.thegaentertainmentcaucus.com Facebook: @GAEntertainmentCaucus
SOURCE Black Music and Entertainment Walk of Fame
Filed Under: Business
Latest on Georgia Chron
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionist Marisa Moore Celebrates Honey as a Natural Ingredient in Partnership with the National Honey Board
- Mallow Selected As Head of Major East Savannah Revitalization Project
- Carter's, Inc. Announces Quarterly Dividend
- TOKYO SKYTREE Celebrates Its 10th anniversary! Let's Pay Homage to this Japanese Landmark and World's Tallest Freestanding Broadcast Tower
- Angel Oak Recognized as One of Georgia's Fastest-Growing Companies
- Two Eco-Events Made Big Impacts in Georgia's Gwinnett County this Spring
- Actress & Voting Rights Activist, Angelica Love Ross Endorses Rep. Renitta Shannon for Lt. Governor
- The world's most anticipated blockchain game "Rise of Elves", is going to launch its Closed Beta in May!
- Noted storyteller and technologist Angelica McKinley joins the board of NMHA
- West Shore Construction Named #1 Hurricane Fabric Dealer in the Country
- Exterro Enhances Digital Forensic and Incident Response Automation with Major Upgrades to FTK® Connect
- PURE Property Management Launches Institutional Management Division, Provides High-tech, High-touch, and Hyperlocal Property Management Nationwide
- AGCO to Present at the Morgan Stanley 7th Annual Sustainable Futures Conference
- Dungeon Forward Inks Multi Collection Deal with Nickelodeon and Paramount Consumer Products
- Autotrader Names 10 Great Cars for Grads in Class of 2022
- M.King Media's 2nd Special Report "Black America: We Have A Problem" Is Now Streaming
- Hustle & Blow Dry Bar Announces New Location and Rebrand to Full Bloom Salon & Dry Bar
- Silva Capital Solutions Celebrates 25th Anniversary
- Atlanta: Mayor's Office of Cultural Affairs Presents Jazz 101
- SNEB Annual Conference explores technologies impact on nutrition education