- Free Future Legal Eagles Flight School National Pre-Law Summit for Black Youth and Parents Launches This Week
- Prepare your child for the Olympics of Education
- Atlanta: Update on City Pools
The STEM/STEAM program is a virtual platform that includes Smart Learning Solutions, a national independent education provider, volunteers and a community-based project engagement team from The APEX Museum, including a diverse recent college graduate from High Point University. The virtual program is designed utilizing EDISON Robots and access to cutting-edge coding technology to promote STEM/STEAM education for motivated, underrepresented students.
The new virtual curriculum launched during a time when academically gifted students of color searched for summer development programs in a global pandemic with historic demands for virtual enrichment.
"When the academic year comes to a close, and the summer begins, the hard work of connecting students to virtual enrichment opportunities begins. It is up to the civic community to stand up and provide valuable summer enrichment opportunities to families who want to further their students' abilities, and do so via a well-designed virtual platform," says Forest T. Harper, Jr., president and CEO, INROADS, Inc.
More on Georgia Chron
- Industry opportunities grow in Macon-Bibb with new medicinal cannabis cultivation and production facility
- Superhero Fans Wanted at Worthy One Store Shop Til You Drop
- Macon: Public Forums on changes to the Alcohol Code
- WestRock Announces Quarterly Dividend of $0.24 Per Share
- Innovative learning blasts into the future
APEX Museum — a Black history museum that connects communities to international history through the lens of the Black experience — began pioneering this new virtual STEM/STEAM curriculum for high school students in 2017. Later, in 2020, the 2017 hands-on program was re-designed to a virtual classroom, a unique "Fast Start" pilot for middle school students. The project is planned for expansion with The APEX Museum and INROADS. The program is a critical virtual offering in a time when digital classrooms are needed most.
"Underrepresented communities are facing unprecedented times as a result of the global pandemic. One of the most significant challenges facing communities of color is the disruption to in-person learning and the abrupt transition many families had to make to digital learning. Our partnership with INROADS helps us to meet a community need for access to high-quality and accessible virtual learning," says Dan Moore, president, APEX Museum.
With this partnership, INROADS advances its commitment to address community disparities regarding access to technology. In February of this year, INROADS was named as a partner to P&G's Take on Race initiative — a collective of industries committed to addressing digital access and technological disparities in communities of color. With INROADS, Take on Race Coalition announced a $25 million investment to provide one million connected devices to students to help close the digital divide.
More on Georgia Chron
- Light and Livable Style -- Ballard Designs Rocks a Modern Rustic Inspiration in New Product Collection
- DJ Hustle Launches Hustle Level Apparel And Website
- Carter's, Inc. Issues Inaugural Corporate Social Responsibility Report
- UCASU's Pending 10K Will Report Big Come-back for Year 2020
- Macon: 50 houses down in our #BlightFight
About The APEX Museum
The APEX (African American Panoramic Experience) Museum is Atlanta's first Black History Museum, established in 1978. It sits at the Gateway to the Martin Luther King Jr. National Historic District in Atlanta, Georgia. The outreach programming includes an extensive award-winning STEM/STEAM program that transforms young minds into brilliant ideas that capture the imagination and create new and innovative inventions and products. To learn more, contact Janet Hill, Director Phase II Expansion, [email protected].
INROADS was founded more than 50 years ago. Inspired by the famed I Have a Dream speech, Frank Carr founded INROADS to remove career barriers to corporate opportunities for people of color. It is the largest nonprofit organization committed to leadership and career development for underrepresented talent in the world. INROADS has prepared more than 154,000 diverse leaders with pre-employment skills and graduated more than 30,000 alumni into full-time professional positions with more than 1,000 corporate partners. Currently, INROADS serves 800-1,300 interns and 200 corporate clients. Learn more at INROADS.org and connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn: @INROADSInc.
SOURCE INROADS, Inc.
Filed Under: Business
Latest on Georgia Chron
- Ironside Human Resources Celebrates 10 Years
- Atlanta: Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms Issues Executive Order Requiring Mask Use in All Public Places While Indoors
- Moving Companies Struggle to Keep Up With High Demand: New Survey From moveBuddha.com Reveals
- Governor Kemp, Attorney General Carr Issue Statement on State's Response to DOJ Lawsuit Targeting Georgia's Election Integrity Act
- Vandi Lynnae Announces New Single 'Dancing Through The Rain'
- Georgia: ICYMI: Governor Kemp, First Lady Lead Efforts to Combat Crime, Criminal Street Gangs, and Human Trafficking
- Tru-Nut Releases New Keto Collagen Protein Powder at Publix Super Markets
- Fulvic Humic Acid for Gut Health from Age Immune
- LakePoint Sports to Put on Chevrolet Primetime Players Weekend, July 30-Aug. 1
- edjuster Partners with StaySafe to Deliver Workplace Safety Solutions to Lone Workers in Field Service Claims
- Duke Defense Expands Operations Beyond Byrna
- DS Smith Packaging Data: Business Sales Signal Consumer Shopping Surge for Home, Personal Care Goods and Alcohol
- IoT Leader KORE Announces Innovative Redemption Backstop Convertible Bond to Facilitate Public Listing
- Coca-Cola to Auction Its First-Ever NFT Collectibles on International Friendship Day
- Diabetes continues to be one of top causes of death in the United States
- RxSugar® Finds Sweet Success Following QVC® Appearances
- BronzeLens Returns As A Virtual Experience
- America's RV Warranty now offers RV insurance
- Lots of Tails Waggin' in Kansas City's West Bottoms First Friday Weekend
- DYSIS Announces New Compact and Portable Colposcope Design with Computer-Aided Cervical Mapping