- Inter to Perm Apprenticeship program offers Summer Job Opportunity for recent High School graduates
- Atlanta: Mayor Andre Dickens to Tour AFRD Station 26, Speak to Media
- Atlanta: Forest Cove Relocation Moves Forward as Mayor Dickens and City Council Provide $1.5 Million Down Payment to Support Families
On Wednesday, December 29, we removed the 100th blighted house from our neighborhoods. Mayor Lester Miller started this initiative in April 2021 with a goal of removing 30 dilapidated and uninhabitable structures in 30 days. That goal was completed 9 days early and quickly turned into 100 structures.
More on Georgia Chron
- Atlanta: Mayor Andre Dickens to Mark Grand Opening of Northside Underpass
- Macon: Bringing awareness to motorcycle safety
- Macon: Mayor proclaims May as National Asian/Pacific American Heritage Month
- Macon: Trauma survivors reunite with their heroes
- Macon: Honoring and remembering our fallen heroes
"It's great to reflect on the progress we have all made in the last ten months, but we need to look ahead," said Mayor Lester. "I am so proud of all of the groups of people like Code Enforcement, the County Attorney's Office, solid waste, public works, and our contractors who are all working to make Macon-Bibb a better place."
This initiative is far from over. Dozens of structures are on the list for this current round and future rounds of demolition.
Latest on Georgia Chron
- Macon-Bibb files suit against third hotel for being a center of illegal activity
- Trella Health Recognized As One of the Best Places to Work in Healthcare in 2022
- Cornerstone and Swiftlane Announce Strategic Technology Initiative to Create Safer Rental Communities in Denver
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionist Marisa Moore Celebrates Honey as a Natural Ingredient in Partnership with the National Honey Board
- Mallow Selected As Head of Major East Savannah Revitalization Project
- Carter's, Inc. Announces Quarterly Dividend
- TOKYO SKYTREE Celebrates Its 10th anniversary! Let's Pay Homage to this Japanese Landmark and World's Tallest Freestanding Broadcast Tower
- Angel Oak Recognized as One of Georgia's Fastest-Growing Companies
- Two Eco-Events Made Big Impacts in Georgia's Gwinnett County this Spring
- Actress & Voting Rights Activist, Angelica Love Ross Endorses Rep. Renitta Shannon for Lt. Governor
- The world's most anticipated blockchain game "Rise of Elves", is going to launch its Closed Beta in May!
- Noted storyteller and technologist Angelica McKinley joins the board of NMHA
- West Shore Construction Named #1 Hurricane Fabric Dealer in the Country
- Exterro Enhances Digital Forensic and Incident Response Automation with Major Upgrades to FTK® Connect
- PURE Property Management Launches Institutional Management Division, Provides High-tech, High-touch, and Hyperlocal Property Management Nationwide
- AGCO to Present at the Morgan Stanley 7th Annual Sustainable Futures Conference
- Dungeon Forward Inks Multi Collection Deal with Nickelodeon and Paramount Consumer Products
- Autotrader Names 10 Great Cars for Grads in Class of 2022
- M.King Media's 2nd Special Report "Black America: We Have A Problem" Is Now Streaming
- Hustle & Blow Dry Bar Announces New Location and Rebrand to Full Bloom Salon & Dry Bar