Collections by the Solid Waste Department will run on the normal schedule, which can be found by visiting http://sw.maconbibb.us. Ceres Environmental will collect larger piles and bulk waste on opposite weeks from the department.
"People need to separate their piles of debris and let them sit on the curb until we can get to them. We're going to get to it all over the next month or so," says Solid Waste Director Pat Raines. "We know this has been an inconvenience for people and want to thank them for their understanding as we took care of our crews."
More on Georgia Chron
- The Amazing Acro-cats Video Release!
- Community First Health Plans Announces Theresa Scepanski as President and Chief Executive Officer
- Former celebrity assistant authors memoir on life catering to A-list talent
- Reagan Keeter's Misery Rock Tests What One Woman Will Do to Keep Herself and Her Daughter Safe
- ICYMI: Georgia's Strong Economic Recovery
Yard and bulk waste collections was temporarily suspended due to a severe staffing shortage, and it resumed at the end of July. If a person has a pile of yard waste that has not been collected in the past few weeks, please report it using SeeClickFix online (www.maconbibb.us/seeclickfix) or the free mobile app, or by calling the Solid Waste Department at 478-804-0499.
For an update listed of modified services and office hours, visit www.maconbibb.us/covid19.
Macon-Bibb and public health officials have asked people to help protect Middle Georgia by slowing the spread of COVID-19 by following ALL guidelines from the CDC guidelines, including:
- Wearing a cloth face covering over your nose and mouth, when practical; Monitor your health daily and get tested if you show symptoms or believe you've come in contact with someone who has tested positive; Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds; Avoid close contact with people, meaning at least six feet away; Cover your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze; and Clean and disinfect surfaces.
More on Georgia Chron
- Top Reasons to Shop Online for All Special Occasion Gowns
- Visionary Entrepreneur and Education Pioneer Cliff Oxford Releases A Redneck Reverie: The Rationale for the Trump Phenomenon
- AUA College of Medicine Partners with Fisk University
- Permian Museum Adds Gallery of Unknown Life Forms
- U.S. Justice Department, SEC, IRS and Judges Discuss Cross-Border Fraud Litigation at Virtual Fraud, Asset Tracing & Recovery Forum Next Month
While this cessation of services was not planned, Macon-Bibb has taken multiple steps to modify its services and access – and asked the public to take steps – to protect the health of the entire community. This includes:
- Masks are strongly encouraged for employees and citizens for entry into County buildings; Government buildings are closed to public walk-ins, and all meetings should be held by appointment; Outdoor work crews will be limited to the smallest number of people and masks should be worn during shifts; Park pavilions, sports fields, basketball courts, and playgrounds will be closed; Reservations for facilities will be cancelled on a month-by-month basis beginning July 26; Open spaces – including trails and parks – will remain open since people can be socially distant; Departments and offices will implement telework and staggered schedules; Plexiglass barriers being installed at desks for people that interact with the public; Ending the issuance of new Special Event permits; Employees traveling home from areas with severe outbreaks will stay home; and Increasing cleaning of public park bathrooms.
Visit CDC.gov for more safety guidelines regarding COVID-19.
Latest on Georgia Chron
- Georgia: Kemp Names 17 Appointments
- Georgia Unemployment Rate Falls to 5.6%, Beats National Average
- The Black Women's Roundtable "Take It To The Top Entrepreneurship Challenge" for Black Women & Girls
- Mango Animate Unveils an Animation Maker for Everyone
- Georgia: Sports Beverage Company BANG ENERGY to Open First Southeastern Manufacturing and Distribution Facility in Lithia Springs
- 'Sensual' is Out and Fans Go Ecstatic Seeing Heather Fay at Her Best
- Cygnus Capital, Inc. Issues Open Letter To Stockholders Of Ashford Hospitality Trust, Inc.
- Wild Weekend Planned for Int'l Wild Bunch Film Fest in Willcox Arizona, Oct 2/4
- AUA announces Master of Public Health Collaboration with FIU Stempel College to allow students to pursue both medical and public health degrees
- AcadianKitchens.com Launches With Free Shipping on the Best Cajun Food in the Country
- Tiny Tots and Tikes Brings Inspiration to Black and Brown Children Everywhere By Launching Wall Decals That Look Like Them
- Leopold's Ice Cream Unveils Special Flavor to Benefit United Way
- Georgia: Kemp Announces Chief of Staff's Departure
- A New Affordable Way to Cut Ties With Your Electric Company
- Emerald Escapes Receives the 2020 Best of Spring Texas Award
- DeskProto® releases free CAM software for Linux
- Georgia: Papa John's Selects Metro Atlanta as Location of a New Global Headquarters
- Evolve IP Integrates Business Messaging Into Microsoft Teams; Enhances Microsoft's Direct Routing Solution
- BeBop Sensors & Talon Simulations Awarded Epic MegaGrant to develop a haptic glove-driven, full-motion VR trainer built for the Unreal Engine
- Eric Rudnick MD FAAD Returns to Boca Raton Hometown to Open Dazzling Dermatology