- Robert T. Ball, Jr., MD Honored with ReadyCommunities Partnership/CCROA 2020 National Service Award For Leadership in SC Communities Amidst Pandemic
- The Gift Insider Shares Gift Ideas With TipsOnTV Blog
- Roto-Rooter of Savannah Supports Xcel Strategies Mentoring Program
"Getting this grant will allow us to focus on specific areas with a blitz of information and resources," says Charise Stephens with U Create Macon. "We have learned we must take the resources and information directly to the people where it is most needed. One accident prevention is worth all the efforts to make our streets safer."
To do this, the PSRB will buy armbands and marketing materials to hand out to people in areas where there are a high number of collisions or could be considered dangerous roadways or intersections. They will also be able to provide training opportunities for pedestrian safety advocates. The success of the program will be judged on the number of people reached, policies and plans implemented, and accident reductions.
More on Georgia Chron
- Milly Almodovar Shares Holiday Glam Advice During a Challenging Season With TipsOnTV
- Fellini In Action, 8 1/2 Set Photography by Paul Ronald Exhibit
- Bells & Balls in the Bottoms Ring In Kansas City's West Bottoms Holiday Weekends
- City of Atlanta Announces Housing Affordability, Racial Equity Initiative
- Foundation Offers FREE Workshop To Motivate Black Male Students After Tumultuous 2020
"As a community, we are making pedestrian safety a priority bringing together multiple partners and the public to find the best ways to improve road safety for everyone," says Macon-Bibb Commissioner Elaine Lucas.
The PSRB includes citizens, AARP, the Bibb County School District, Macon-Bibb County Health Department, Bibb County Sheriff's Office, Macon-Bibb Planning and Zoning, the Engineering Department, Facilities Management Department, Bike Walk Macon, Georgia Wellness and Fitness Festival, U Create Macon, District 3 Commissioner Elaine Lucas, and community groups wanting to help with outreach efforts. For more information about the PSRB visit https://psrb.maconbibb.us.
The On the Move campaign is in addition to the Safety Board's Cross the Walk campaign which began in 2016. This campaign focused on different pedestrian safety aspects and used billboards, presentations, outreach to student groups, bus wraps, mascots, PSAs, and more.
Latest on Georgia Chron
- Top Canadian Business Leader Joins CEO Coaching International
- Atlanta, GA, Georgia's unemployment numbers decreased by 1.8 percentage points, but the 500,000 plus
- Forbes Travel Guide and Sharecare issue world's first health security verifications to hotels and resorts across 12 countries English English
- Flowers Foods Issues Voluntary Recall Of Two Canyon Bakehouse Products Distributed In Arkansas, Colorado, Kansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Mexico, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Texas, Utah, And Wyoming Due To Possible Presence Of
- Triumph Tech Achieves AWS DevOps Competency
- Georgia: Boston Consulting Group More Than Doubles Atlanta Presence, Creates 331 New Jobs
- Supreme Court Rules There Is No Santa Claus In New Holiday Book
- Cousins Properties Announces Strategic Charlotte Transactions
- Wintrust Selects NCR Digital First Banking Platform
- Georgia Coalition for the Peoples' Agenda Expands GOTV Activities for Georgia Senate Runoff Amid Ongoing Efforts to Disenfranchise Black Voters
- Syxsense Announces New Asia Expansion
- Gwinnett Clean & Beautiful Ends 2020 with Two Highly Successful Events
- HZT Records Releases "Angel" by Hillstaxx Dec 11
- Georgia Lawsuit Announcement
- Synovus Deepens Agribusiness Focus with New Agriculture and Timber Team
- Atlanta: Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms Appoints COO
- New Community Resource Dubbed 'Healthy Hub' Was Unveiled at Lake Mayer Park
- Equifax Introduces Response CONFIDENCE to Drive More Confident Decisions in Pandemic Economy
- 'Bounce Back to Success' hits Amazon Best-Seller List
- Synovus Announces Quarterly Dividends