- Atlanta: Statement on Passing of General Colin L. Powell
- Atlanta: Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms' Legislative Priorities including Centennial Yards Redevelopment, a Low-Income Housing Water Assistance Program, and Equal and Small Businesses Opportunity Programs, Advance
- Arizona Israel Technology Alliance Names Mara Pernick as CEO
The International Cherry Blossom Festival is partnering with the Macon Bacon and Visit Macon to host , a parade and concert headlined by country music singer Rodney
Adkins. The idea came from Mayor Lester Miller after realizing our community had needed a big event to honor those who fought and continue to fight for our country.
"I can't think of a better way to honor our veterans," said Mayor Miller. "This event is just the first of many."
"This is a very important piece that has been missing for many years," said Visit Macon CEO Gary Wheat. "While this will be a generator of tourism and visitors into our community to see all that Macon has offer, we definitely want to remember and honor the men and women who wear or wore the uniform."
More on Georgia Chron
- Macon: It's here! Let's clean our streets together
- Macon: Staff Spotlight: Parks and Beautification
- Macon-Bibb Fire Department to get new training facility
- Macon: Upgrades coming to Brookdale Resource Center
- Beautyforever Hair Halloween Sale: Up to 58% Off
The parade will start at 3:00 p.m. and will feature floats representing each branch of the military, Robins Air Force Base, and other community partners. 41NBC/WMGT will broadcast the entire parade on Veterans Day, November 11 at 11:00 a.m.
"The idea for the celebration started with the parade," said International Cherry Blossom Festival President and CEO Stacy Moore. "But it quickly grew into so much more."
Following the parade, Historic Luther Williams Field will hold a celebration with food trucks, beer tastings, and free live entertainment, featuring Adkins and local act Front Porch Radio. The celebration will end with a fireworks show.
"This is a great event," said Macon Bacon President Brandon Raphael. "This is another great example about how we can all come together as a community. The Macon Bacon are very proud to be part of that."
You must register to get a seat at the concert. Registration is free and Veterans get to register first, now through September 26. After that, registration is open to everyone. Click here to register!
Latest on Georgia Chron
- Security Guard Services & Private Investigation Services & Security Systems Services - In Toronto, Mississauga, Brampton, Ajax, - LiGER Security
- 16:20 ET Evan Holyfield debuts new partnership with The Georgia Hemp Company
- Automation Intellect Closes a Major Funding Round
- CBC Releases Leica Geosystems BLK247 Smart 3D Surveillance System now available in two versions and integrated with CORTROL VMS
- City of Atlanta Awarded $25,000 for Adams Park Pedestrian Safety from Bloomberg Philanthropies
- Nutrition Industry Executive Awarded Runner-Up for NIE 2021 Award Category: Excipients/Non-Actives/Delivery Systems to Stratum Nutrition's VitaSperse
- Detroit's Romantic Dramedy 'Match Made' Burns Up the Screens and Touches the Soul
- VORAGO Technologies Announces Two New Radiation-Hardened Microcontrollers for Aerospace and Defense
- Parallel Breaks Ground on Apartment Project at Northgate
- 11:07 ET Scripps Networks celebrates the holidays with five new original movies on ION and Bounce
- myLAB Box Offers Self-Testing to Help People Regain Their Everyday Lives
- Tri-Service Open Architecture Interoperability Demonstration to Focus on Modular Open Systems Approach (MOSA) Innovations in March 2022 Event
- Spark Design Awards 2021 Deadline Breaking News
- Shot by Somi Studios Hosts Shots & Headshots Event to Benefit United Way Annual Campaign
- Professional Model Holly Sonders Has a New Love Life with Oscar de la Hoya and is Taking Social Media by Storm Making Six Figures a Month
- Macon: Ryland Environmental to begin providing collection services in January 2022
- Georgia: Gov. Kemp Attends Groundbreaking of $220M+ Solar Facility in Lee County
- Author Tackles Smalltown Drug Use and Mental Illness in Gripping New Novel
- George Stieglitz - Century Fasteners Corp. Co-Founder and Fastener Industry Trailblazer, Dies
- Atlanta Expands Recycling Program to Include Paper Cups with New Partnership