- Oakmont Dentist, Dr. Jason Choorapuzha Remains Committed to Excellence Through Continuing Education
- Macon: Next Level students learn about government, get recognition
- Macon: Central Georgia CASA begins training newest cohort of volunteers
The group of Keystone Teen students from the Boys and Girls Club of Central Georgia (BGCCG) picked up trash and litter along the roads near Buck Melton Community Center, including Anthony Road, College Street, and Felton Avenue. They also cleaned up the playground at Ingram-Pye Elementary School.
Keep Macon-Bibb Beautiful (KMBB) provided students with the tools to clean up safely.
"It was an exciting experience for the youth," said Special Events Coordinator for the BGCCG DeMarcus Beckham. "Ms. Ellen led the group to understand the important role they can play to better their community and make it positive impact on the environment. There was a passionate dialogue about how keeping our community clean is a direct link to a person's physical and mental health, keeping local vegetation and water supply clean, and overall keeping our communities looking presentable."
More on Georgia Chron
- SignatureFD Announces Partner Promotions as They Continue to Grow Client Base
- Equifax Announces Earnings Release Date and Conference Call for Fourth Quarter 2022 Results
- Nationally Recognized Publicist Clorissa Wright-Thomas Releases Virtual PR Courses
- Savannah Based Colonial Oil Industries Acquires Strickland Oil Company
- Multi #1 International Best-Selling Author Jennifer S. Wilkov Announces the 2023 April Speak Up Women Conference and Call For Speakers
"It was a joy working with the youth of the Boys and Girls Club of Central Georgia. Our youth are our future. Young people who are involved in community cleanups are least likely to litter," said KMBB Executive Director Asha Ellen.
KMBB provides any organization cleaning up with pickers, bags, vests, and gloves. If you would like to hold a cleanup, contact Ellen at email@example.com.
Latest on Georgia Chron
- Red House Named 2023 Top B2B Marketing Agency
- Filming in Downtown Macon through Wednesday, February 1
- Bottled Ambrosia Launches to Provide Access to the Best European Organic Baby Formulas for US and Canadian Families
- Primerica Schedules Fourth Quarter 2022 Financial Results Webcast
- Bicycle Rides Across Georgia Announces Route for 2023 Big BRAG Ride
- ezPaycheck Software Automates 2023 Payroll for Small Businesses in Georgia
- Agency Spotter Announces Expansion Into IT & Development Services
- Georgia: Governor Brian P. Kemp's 2023 State of the State Address
- Quarterra Announces the Opening of Emblem Riverside Apartments
- OSC Edge Earns Recurring Spot on Washington Technology's 2022 Fast 50 List and Rewards Employees with Additional Bonus
- Yida Gao, Shima Capital Recognized for Prolific Deal Activity
- Southern California Real Estate Agent Promotes Homes To MORE Buyers For MORE Money
- Can Massage Therapy Be an Effective Treatment for Long Haul COVID?
- Black Music and Entertainment Walk of Fame Announces it's Black History Month Class of Inductees
- Keisha Taylor Starr named as Scripps' new chief marketing officer
- Scientist discover a very effective ingredient to lose weight at a fast pace
- Insight Sourcing Group's Annual Year-in-Review Highlights Accomplishments of 2022
- Islamic Speakers Bureau Of Atlanta Leadership Institute Announces Class Of 2023
- STS Capital Partners Announces Sean Friday as New Chief Executive Officer
- BASF and Cargill further expand their partnership to offer high-performance enzyme solutions to animal protein producers in the United States