To get gloves and masks people can visit any of the below recreation centers Monday through Thursday between 9:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. (or until supplies run out), and each person will be provided up to 10 masks and five pairs of gloves. At that time, people will also be provided information about filling out the 2020 Census.
Elaine H. Lucas Senior Center (132 Willie Smokie Glover Drive)
Theron Ussery Recreation Center (815 North Macon Park Drive)
Delores A. Brooks Recreation Center (3326 Ocmulgee East Boulevard)
Rosa Jackson Recreation Center (1211 Maynard Street)
Frank Johnson Recreation Center (2227 Mercer University Drive)
Freedom Park (3301 Roff Avenue)
L.H. Williams Recreation Center (325 Pursley Street)
Memorial Gym (763 Long Street)
Gilead/Bloomfield Recreation Center
South Bibb Recreation Center (7035 Houston Road)
More on Georgia Chron
- Georgia: Outdoor Network Announces Headquarters Expansion, New Advanced Manufacturing Facility in Albany
- The MOTIVATE US webinar series is about to start
- Loyal Announces $12.5 Million Round Led by Concord Health Partners
- 28-Year-Old Magical Nights of Lights Gives Way to Something New
- BeBop Sensors' Forte Data Glove Adds Haptic Interaction Support for Oculus 2 and Unreal Engine
"We knew there was a need in our community for people to get masks, but we couldn't foresee how quickly they would be distributed," says Recreation Department Director Robert Walker. "To be able to support people in such a huge way during these unprecedented and challenging times is a great feeling, and we're glad we can keep going Tuesday."
"We all need to do our part to protect Middle Georgia, and that includes wearing a mask when around people," says EMA Director Spencer Hawkins. "We are joining efforts by local organizations like the Health Department and United Way to make as many people as possible in Macon-Bibb have the supplies they need to stay safe…and keep others safe."
Macon-Bibb and public health officials have asked people to help protect Middle Georgia by slowing the spread of COVID-19 by following ALL guidelines from the CDC guidelines, including:
- Wearing a cloth face covering over your nose and mouth, when practical; Monitor your health daily and get tested if you show symptoms or believe you've come in contact with someone who has tested positive; Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds; Avoid close contact with people, meaning at least six feet away; Cover your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze; and Clean and disinfect surfaces.
More on Georgia Chron
- LYRIC names Toni Newman as New Interim Executive Director and Jodi Schwartz as President
- BitRouter Announces Dihedral Software Release for its ATSC3pro Receiver at NAB Show New York
- Beazer Homes USA, Inc. to Webcast Its Fourth Quarter and Full Year Fiscal 2020 Financial Results Conference Call on November 12, 2020
- Braeden Lichti - What's Next for the Healthcare Sector?
- Are You Taking Your Health Seriously?
Macon-Bibb has taken multiple steps to modify its services and access – and asked the public to take steps – to protect the health of the entire community. For an updated list of changes, visit www.maconbibb.us/covid19. General measures include:
- Masks are strongly encouraged for employees and citizens for entry into County buildings; Government buildings are closed to public walk-ins, and all meetings should be held by appointment; Outdoor work crews will be limited to the smallest number of people and masks should be worn during shifts; Park pavilions, sports fields, basketball courts, and playgrounds will be closed; Reservations for facilities will be cancelled on a month-by-month basis beginning July 26; Open spaces – including trails and parks – will remain open since people can be socially distant; Departments and offices will implement telework and staggered schedules; Plexiglass barriers being installed at desks for people that interact with the public; Ending the issuance of new Special Event permits; Employees traveling home from areas with severe outbreaks will stay home; and Increasing cleaning of public park bathrooms.
Latest on Georgia Chron
- The Joseph Company International Announces Expansion of Self-Chilling / Chill On Demand™ Packaging Innovations
- C&D | The Agency to Launch with #ExerciseYourRights Voter Education Initiative
- Itero Group LLC Fortune 100 Best Small Company
- Search Discovery Announces Launch of Apollo: The World's First Analytics Management System
- The Business Conference for Women of Color, MogulCon, Celebrates 5 Years
- PSXDigital Unveils Marketing Automation 360 to Accelerate Powersports Dealership Success
- Artelon Expands Leadership in Ankle Stability with FLEXBAND™ SOLO and ATL Anchoring Systems
- SENTA Partners Completes 3rd Affiliation in Two Months Through Partnership With Valdosta ENT
- Rockbrash Promotions Announces French Edition Release of My Brother, Muhammad Ali
- The new version 2.0 - OffshoreCorpTalk got an upgrade!
- Chip Wade on Home Improvement Projects for Fall on Tips on TV Blog
- FocalPoint Welcomes Certified Business Coach Jason Goldberg
- Atlanta: Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms Creates Anti-Displacement Tax Fund to Strengthen Homeownership for Legacy Residents
- Alfred Street Baptist Church Donates Over $ 1 Million to Community-Based Organizations & National Nonprofits Through Their Tithe the Tithe Initiative
- Boys & Girls Clubs Of America To Host Racial Equity & Social Justice Virtual Town Hall Tuesday
- Buy Website Traffic - Get Targeted Quality Traffic - Real Human Website Traffic
- Carter's, Inc. to Report Third Quarter Fiscal 2020 Results on Friday, October 23, 2020
- Brushwood Media Group Presents "Awaken with Tim & Shannon"
- National School Bus Safety Week (Oct. 19–23) Promotes Safety Aspects of Yellow School Bus
- PicPocket-Labs, Inc. receives Notice of Allowance for US and Chinese patent applications for geofence-based drone control