- SWM and Neenah Announce Executive Leadership Team and Operational Structure for Combined Company Post Close
- Cloverly partners with BeZero Carbon to provide carbon credit ratings and independent quality assessments so buyers can act with confidence
- Atlanta: Mayor Andre Dickens to Meet with Local Artists in Support of Arts Funding
Trash Talk was a video series put together as part of the solid waste collection services transition to help let people know about the changes and the best ways to use the service. The videos in the series were short, informative, and engaging, and earned widespread recognition and support online and in the community.
"The quality and amount of communication Macon-Bibb put in place for this major transition was stunning, and Trash Talk had us recognized around the community," says Ryland Environmental Managing Partner James Lanier. "This series was able to show people the best way to place items on the curb, and we have seen the results of that during our weekly collections."
The Brookdale Plan was recognized in the Public Affairs Outreach Campaign category and included efforts to let people know of the services provided, how they could help (whether by volunteering or donation of funds and/or supplies), and, most importantly, stories of people using the services. The plan included media relations, e-newsletters, video features of partners, social media, infographics, branding, partner relations, and more.
More on Georgia Chron
- Atlanta: City Extends Enforcement Action for Short-Term Rental Operators
- Wine Women & Shoes Charity Event Raises Funds for Ronald McDonald House
- Riskonnect Recognized as a 'Leader' by Independent Global Research and Advisory Firm
- Atlanta Information Management (AIM) Hosts Technology Job & Resource Fair
- ICYMI: Governor Kemp Travels State Putting Georgians First, Makes Largest Economic Development Announcement in State History
"We, as a community, must help the people who need us the most, and that's what we did with the Brookdale Resource Center. We needed a strong communications effort to make sure people know how to get those services and how our community could help," says Mayor Lester Miller. "I'm proud of the work staff at the Center have done and will do to help people, and I'm proud of our Communications Office for the role they played this past year."
"Chris and his team found a caring and proactive way to tell the story of what we were doing and how people could, and that made a huge difference in the success of this effort," says Emergency Management Agency Director Spencer Hawkins, who led the overall effort for the first year.
The Brookdale Resource Center Communications Plan was recognized nationally in March 2022 by PR News in its Nonprofit Awards program by being named the the winner in the Crisis Campaign category and earned an Honorable Mention in the Advocacy Campaign & Lobbying Efforts. PR Daily also recognized it in December 2021 with Honorable Mentions in two categories of the PR Daily Awards for its Brookdale Resource Communication Plan: Cause-Related Marketing Plan and Crisis Communication Plan.
About the National Association of Government Communicators
The NAGC began among federal communicators in Washington, D.C., shortly after World War II, and it was officially founded in 1976, with David Brown as the first NAGC president. The first national communications school was held the following September and during the next year in 1977 under the leadership of Joseph J. Carvajal.
More on Georgia Chron
- MaximBio Expands Sales and Marketing Organization and Adds WellTree Molecular Group as a new Distribution Partner
- Average American Spends $78 On Jewelry Annually, Finds New CWC Jewelry Market Study
- EVO Payments Acquires North49 to Deliver B2B Integrated Payments for Sage Users
- Pay Rate is Top Priority for U.S. Job Seekers 2022 Voice of the Blue-Collar Worker Survey Finds
- Do You Have Any Experience With Play-To-Earn Games/NFTs?
The NAGC is dedicated to advocating, promoting, and recognizing excellence in government communication. NAGC is dedicated to providing opportunities for individual professional development and career advancement, enhancing effective communication with constituents, and advancing the profession of government communication. The principal purpose of NAGC is to advance communication as an essential professional resource at every level of local, state, tribal and national government.
About the Office of Communications
The Office of Communications includes Chris Floore, Edna Ruiz, Rachel Gambill, and Olivia Walter. Their charge is to find the best ways to let people know what the government and its partners are doing to improve the community through strategic communications, media relations, video & photography services, a weekly e-newsletter, event planning, message development, social media, online content, crisis communications, and more.
These recognitions follow several others earned by the Office of Communications in the past several years, including:
- Earning an Honorable Mention as PR News' Nonprofit Team of the Year, making them one of the top five in the country;
- Chris being named Government Communicator of the Year by PRNews in 2022 and 2019, PR Daily in 2019 and 2018, and the City-County Communications & Marketing Association (3CMA) in 2015, and being named part of PRSA Georgia's inaugural 40 Under 40 Inductees in 2019;
- Chris being a finalist for the top communication award by PRNews in 2018 and by the National Association of Government Communicators two years in a row;
- four awards from the National Association of County Information Officers (NACIO) for the Solid Waste Services Change Infographic, the Public Affairs Annual Report, Tropical Storm Irma Debris Collection Infographic, and for departmental logos;
- two from PR Daily for the Women of Macon-Bibb Instagram Campaign and Public Affairs Annual Report;
- A national award from 3CMA for Macon-Bibb County's Forward Together Strategic Plan.
Latest on Georgia Chron
- Trella Health Recognized As One of the Best Places to Work in Healthcare in 2022
- Cornerstone and Swiftlane Announce Strategic Technology Initiative to Create Safer Rental Communities in Denver
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionist Marisa Moore Celebrates Honey as a Natural Ingredient in Partnership with the National Honey Board
- Mallow Selected As Head of Major East Savannah Revitalization Project
- Carter's, Inc. Announces Quarterly Dividend
- TOKYO SKYTREE Celebrates Its 10th anniversary! Let's Pay Homage to this Japanese Landmark and World's Tallest Freestanding Broadcast Tower
- Angel Oak Recognized as One of Georgia's Fastest-Growing Companies
- Two Eco-Events Made Big Impacts in Georgia's Gwinnett County this Spring
- Actress & Voting Rights Activist, Angelica Love Ross Endorses Rep. Renitta Shannon for Lt. Governor
- The world's most anticipated blockchain game "Rise of Elves", is going to launch its Closed Beta in May!
- Noted storyteller and technologist Angelica McKinley joins the board of NMHA
- West Shore Construction Named #1 Hurricane Fabric Dealer in the Country
- Exterro Enhances Digital Forensic and Incident Response Automation with Major Upgrades to FTK® Connect
- PURE Property Management Launches Institutional Management Division, Provides High-tech, High-touch, and Hyperlocal Property Management Nationwide
- AGCO to Present at the Morgan Stanley 7th Annual Sustainable Futures Conference
- Dungeon Forward Inks Multi Collection Deal with Nickelodeon and Paramount Consumer Products
- Autotrader Names 10 Great Cars for Grads in Class of 2022
- M.King Media's 2nd Special Report "Black America: We Have A Problem" Is Now Streaming
- Hustle & Blow Dry Bar Announces New Location and Rebrand to Full Bloom Salon & Dry Bar
- Silva Capital Solutions Celebrates 25th Anniversary