- Macon: Clean Streets Matter Community Cleanup this weekend!
- Macon: Booker T. Washington Community Center reopens to serve the public
- Indiana Roadside Markers on YouTube
"Our Warehouse Manager came to us and said he wanted to organize the cleanup after seeing what Macon-Bibb had accomplished in other areas," says Christy Kovac, President & CEO of Sheridan Construction. "We certainly let him put it together and help clean up our streets, and we're thankful to the county for installing the 'no illegal dumping' signs at either end of the street."
In the sixth week, departments crews cleaned up 259,420 pounds from 9 illegal dumps and 147,760 pounds of yard waste from 1,363 stops along the normal collection routes in the past week. The Macon Water Authority, using its street sweepers, collected 52,000 pounds of leaves, pinestraw, dirt, and litter from 4.7 miles of road. The total amounts for the entire Clean Streets Matter initiative can be found at www.maconbibb.us/cleanstreetsmatter.
More on Georgia Chron
- Georgia Administers 5 Million COVID-19 Vaccines
- Georgia: TeamViewer to Open Atlanta Office to Support Enterprise Software Customer Growth
- Virios Therapeutics, Inc. Interview to Air on Bloomberg Television U.S. on the RedChip Money Report
- Singer, Songwriter, Pianist, Isabel Marcheselli Garners Generous Grant Support
- CAMS and Integral Sell Remaining Parcels of Former GM Plant Site
"A lot has been cleaned up in the past six weeks, but there's still a lot more to do. We can't do it alone, and I want to thank the neighborhoods and now the businesses that are stepping forward to join us in this very important effort," says Mayor Lester Miller. "This is what true community looks like, people working together to take care of our homes, neighborhoods and streets, and I want to encourage everyone to take a few moments and help out. Clean streets matter because Macon matters."
To help with the Clean Streets Matter initiative, you can report issues with trashy streets or organize your own neighborhood cleanup. To report one of the following issues, go to www.maconbibb.us/cleanstreetsmatter: illegal dumps, eviction debris, litter, downed trees, dead animal pickup, furniture/appliance pickup, and tires. To organize a neighborhood cleanup with the support of Keep Macon-Bibb Beautiful, click here.
Latest on Georgia Chron
- Invest Atlanta Board Approves Funding for Teachers Village Atlanta
- Woman-Owned Startup Focused on Bias in the Workplace Acquires DBE Certification
- Atlanta-Based Black-Owned Hair Care Brand For Young Men Launches Across 1200+ Target and Walmart Stores
- West Coast Customs icon launches "CarCoin" NFT, giving away an original WCC designed vehicle to celebrate
- Beazer Homes Earns 2021 Energy Star® Sustained Excellence Award for Sixth Consecutive Year
- PEI Selected Three-Time Top Microsoft Gold Partner in the U.S
- Atlanta Singer-Songwriter Señoj Drops New Video and Single "Lost"
- New Book "Educating Marston" Provides Hope for Anyone Struggling to Find Answers Raising a Child with Autism
- Government and Community Partners Launch "Know the Facts + Get your Vax" Campaign
- The Miguel Wilson Collection celebrates the grand opening of its New York City location
- Terri Ross, Renowned Practice Consultant, Joins Dozens of Industry Thought Leaders to Speak at the ISAPS Business School Program
- Technology Association of Georgia Announces Full Agenda for the Georgia Technology Summit
- Sterling Watson's Deadly Sweet Released
- Citi Trends Provides Business Update
- Live Music Latin Night Atlanta - Mojitos All Stars Band April 17, 2021
- CareerEco Announces Queue Feature—A Candidate Waitlist Optimization Tool
- Mencom Introduces New 1 3/8" PMIN Power Series Field Wireable Connectors
- Georgia: Gov. Kemp: $8.43 Billion, 24,000+ Jobs from Economic Development Projects During First Three Quarters of Fiscal Year
- Georgia: Applications Open for Families of Children with Special Needs Reimbursement
- Winners of Leopold's Ice Cream 11th Annual Creative Writing Challenge Honored at City Hall