- Gospel Charting Artist Jeremiah Nedu Is On The Rise With New Single "Your Mercy"
- Rent-A-Center opens store in Riverdale, Georgia
- Distinguished New York Trial Attorney and Author Donates Book Proceeds to NYU Cancer Research Center
Julie's official title is Assistant to the County Manager for Budget and Strategic Planning. That's a big title for someone with a big job. Her current position was created with the consolidation of Macon and Bibb County in 2014 to manage budgets, grants, and anything associated with project-based funding.
"It's one thing to make a budget for your family – it's a whole other ballgame to get 50 people to agree on a budget for a community," says Julie. "It's not a simple one, but it is a necessary process. It's a challenge, but the relief of getting our budget accomplished is great."
More on Georgia Chron
- InventHelp Inventor Develops New Game for Billiard Tables (FJK-158)
- Let's Finally Meet The Man That Fronts The Grammy Nominated Artist "Special Request Ft Rey T."
- Macon: Cadence Bank donates to Brookdale Resource Center
- Macon: Staff Spotlight: Robert McCord
- Georgia: Gov. Kemp Dedicates $240M for New Grant Program to Expand High-Speed Internet, Help Close Digital Divide
Julie began her career working in non-profits, and carried her love of the community with her to this position.
"I have a passion for Public Service, and the budget is part of that," says Julie. "I enjoy projects that have a positive impact on our city whether that's road work, social services funding, or any other way we can utilize our budget to help the community."
"Julie has been, and still is, a foundation of information for the budget and strategic planning which has led to numerous success stories for two administrations," says County Manager Keith Moffett. "We can not thank her enough for her hard work and dedication!"
When she's not crunching numbers, Julie enjoys spending time with her family. She's married with two children, and has one Granddaughter with another on the way. She's also a fierce creative who enjoys crafting, sewing and cooking.
We appreciate you, Julie, and we're glad you're part of #teammaconbibb!
Latest on Georgia Chron
- Macon: EMA to host first Emergency Preparedness Fair
- Healthy Savannah Calls on Community to Weigh in on Nutrition and Food Insecurity
- Center Parc Credit Union presents a $3500 donation for Ready Set Go Back to School event
- Hoy to Keep Your Life Productive by Ismail Sirdah
- How to Choose the Best Bamboo Cheese Board for Your Kitchen
- Georgia: Gov. Kemp: Workwear Retailer Duluth Trading Company Creates More Than 300 New Jobs in Bartow County
- National Vision Announces Executive Promotions to Support Company Growth and Accelerate Value-Creation Initiatives
- Sports Stars Tim Brown and Everson Walls, Omni Frisco Hotel, and Ethos Education Group Partner for Student Success
- DFW & Surrounding Real Estate Agent Promotes Luxury Homes To MORE Buyers For MORE Money
- Back-to-School Supply Drive, Coca-Cola Bottlers' Sales & Services Company, LLC Donates Backpacks and Supplies to Students in Georgia, Florida, and Oklahoma
- Gov. Kemp: Georgia Shatters Investment and Job Records in FY22
- Aaron's Directors Declare Cash Dividend
- Diamond Bridal Gallery Celebrates Its 16th Anniversary
- Empower Community Care Invests in The Incredible Years®
- Jay Menger Awarded Prestigious "Premier Luxury Marketing Consultant" Certification
- Palos Verdes Real Estate Agent Promotes Luxury Homes To MORE Buyers For MORE Money
- Regent Surgical Health and Ascension Texas Joint Venture on The Orthopedic Surgery Center of Central Texas
- Gov. Kemp: WebstaurantStore Expands Operations in Georgia, Creates 213 New Jobs in Bryan County
- Arizona Pest Control To Support Local High School Sports And Education Programs
- FLEETCOR to Appeal Ruling in FTC Case