After consultation with officials from the North Central District Health Office and in compliance with their recommendations and the CDC's guidelines, the Court has implemented numerous measures to protect all who appear in Court. These measures include screening all individuals at the Courthouse entrance and requiring all individuals to wear facial coverings and to maintain six (6) feet of separation from others.
The Court added additional court sessions to reduce the number of people present. The courtrooms have assigned seating to maintain social distancing standards. The courtrooms are open to the public; however, defendants are strongly encouraged to attend alone, so that distances can be more easily maintained. Bringing children to Court is particularly discouraged.
More on Georgia Chron
- Statement on Demonstrations in Atlanta
- Enmarket Opens Store of the Future in Savannah
- Macon: FY20 Budget earns top national honor
- Macon: Operations & Finance Committee continues review of budget, prepares for Public Hearing
- Macon joins 9 other US cities in national effort to radically reimagine public spaces
The Court is also conducting criminal proceedings by video. Any defendant who would like to avoid appearing in person on a misdemeanor case in the State Court of Bibb County should contact the Solicitor General's Office (478-621-6572), at least seventy-two (72) hours before the scheduled Court date. Leaving a voice mail does not relieve the defendant of the requirement to appear on the scheduled Court date.
Any defendant who is in a high-risk category (including over the age of 65) or has a COVID-19 related basis to be excused from Court should contact the Solicitor General's Office (478-621-6572), at least seventy-two (72) hours before the scheduled Court date. Leaving a voice mail does not relieve a defendant of the requirement to appear on the scheduled Court date.
Failure to appear for a schedule Court date may result in a warrant for the defendant's arrest.
Latest on Georgia Chron
- Juvare Announces Contact Tracing and Case Management Solution to Help Governments Monitor Individuals Who Have Contracted or Been Exposed to COVID-19
- 626 acquires the assets of Innovatus CR and DR Business. The World Slows Down. We Move Faster
- Atlanta: Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms to Testify Before Coronavirus Panel Member Briefing with Mayors on Urgent Need for More Federal Support During Pandemic
- R+M Development Closes on Refinance of Student Housing Project Amidst Pandemic
- Panel Built, Inc. Marks 25 Years of Modular Building!
- Teenage mariachi ensemble records album during pandemic, keeping social distancing guidelines
- Getman Takes his Popular Book Fairs into the Virtual World Transforming the Way Buyers Meet Sellers of Rare Books, Maps, Prints and Ephemera
- Teleroute, Part of Alpega Group, launches an API Interface and a new Mobile App to help their growing number of customers work even more efficiently
- One Caribbean TV Journalist Melissa Noel Leads the State of Tourism Panel Discussion Hosted by CACAF
- AI education technology company KSolve launches Kickstarter campaign
- Space Cadet Launches A Flower Sniffer's Book Of Paper Craft to Ward off Boredom Better Than Binging TV
- Robert Amaya (Courageous, Moms' Night Out) rounds out cast of 'The Farmer and The Belle: Saving Santaland'
- Launching OneQuantum LLC the Quantum Tech startup community
- OrPro Therapeutics Advances a New Inhalation Treatment Approach for COVID-19
- Georgia Power customers to see approximately $10 reduction in monthly summer bills
- Omy de Oro 'The King of Punchlines' signs with Caroline, becomes first Puerto Rican artist to release a solo dembow track 'Cash'
- NS4ed Customizes District Market Needs for Nebraska Schools
- CEO Coaching International Congratulates Fintech Startup Client Airfox on Acquisition by Retail Giant
- Natural Hair Salon Pivots Amid COVID-19 Crisis
- Uply Media, Inc Launches MortgageCalculators.Crypto World's First DWeb Mortgage Calculator