55 Trinity Avenue, Suite 2500 • Atlanta, Georgia 30303
Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms Announces Path to Reopening Atlanta
ATLANTA—Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms announced the City's five-phased reopening plan, drawn from the recommendations of the Mayor's Advisory Council for Reopening Atlanta. The reopening phases are based on milestone metrics and recent data, not arbitrary dates. If new COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations continue along the current downward trend, we could shift from the current Stay at Home Phase (1) and into Phase 2 next week.
During Phase 2—the "easing" phase—the City will allow private, small groups of 10 or fewer to meet with social distancing requirements, while keeping the necessities of cautiousness and vigilance at the forefront of City operations.
The City also created a COVID-19 Atlanta Reopening Dashboard that allows the public to view gateway metrics the City is tracking to progress to Phase 2. The ATLStrong.org website now also features the John Hopkins University COVID-19 Data Tracker. Information from both dashboards will be used to inform City of Atlanta COVID-19 reopening decisions, educate the public on key indicators being used for decision-making, and to ensure transparency on our progress towards a safer and healthier Atlanta.
More on Georgia Chron
- Macon: Operations & Finance Committee continues review of budget, prepares for Public Hearing
- Macon joins 9 other US cities in national effort to radically reimagine public spaces
- Local Social Movement Recognized for Impact on Health Policies that Save Lives
- Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms Announces ATLStrong COVID-19 Relief Donations to Help Atlanta Residents with Rental Assistance
- STARK Industries, LLC Awarded NASA JPL - VITAL Ventilator Manufacturing License to Combat the Global COVID-19 Crisis
Phase 2 does not include reopening the City or City Hall.
The five-phased plan for Reopening Atlanta can be found online here.
Last week, the Mayor's Advisory Council for the Reopening of the City of Atlanta submitted its final recommendations for a gradual reopening. Informed by economic indicators and medical science, the report contains evidence-based short, mid, and long-range recommendations for the safe and data-driven reopening of the City.
The report reflects the insights and guidance of the Advisory Council, which was established by Mayor Bottoms through an Administrative Order on April 20th of this year in response to the global COVID-19 pandemic. The 60-person Council is comprised of a diverse group of leaders and experts from across Atlanta's business, nonprofit, healthcare, and government sectors.
A comprehensive list of actions taken by Mayor Bottoms during the COVID-19 pandemic can be found online here.
More on Georgia Chron
- Macon: Tennis Academy Summer Camps set to begin
- Evolve IP Offers Rapid Deployment of Desktop as a Service to Ingram Micro Partners
- Juvare Announces Contact Tracing and Case Management Solution to Help Governments Monitor Individuals Who Have Contracted or Been Exposed to COVID-19
- 626 acquires the assets of Innovatus CR and DR Business. The World Slows Down. We Move Faster
- Atlanta: Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms to Testify Before Coronavirus Panel Member Briefing with Mayors on Urgent Need for More Federal Support During Pandemic
For more information about the City of Atlanta, please visit www.atlantaga.gov or watch City Channel 26. Follow the City of Atlanta on Facebook and Twitter @CityofAtlanta.
Latest on Georgia Chron
- Natural Hair Salon Pivots Amid COVID-19 Crisis
- Uply Media, Inc Launches MortgageCalculators.Crypto World's First DWeb Mortgage Calculator
- Lilly Morgan Selected for Internship at Carriage Trade Public Relations®, Inc
- Home Depot's Michelle Livingstone Joins Rainbow Village Board of Directors
- Mencom introduce the new MIXO ONE series enclosures for single-sized MIXO modules
- Art of Brooklyn Film Fest Powers Interactive Digital Edition with New Tech
- Digital Fans Drive Demand for Integrated Audio Visual Experiences Throughout Live Event Venues
- Author Matthew Neill Davis Relaunches "The Art of Preventing Stupid", 99¢ on Amazon Kindle - One week only
- Pirate Chain Creates Worlds First Z to Z-only Mobile Wallet
- HRKS Launches New "Career Blueprint" Program To Assist Employees Effected By Covid 19
- LexisNexis Risk Solutions Positioned as a Leader in Risk-Based Authentication Report
- Georgia: Huali Floors to Create 315 Jobs, Invest More than $27 Million in Murray County
- INI and CTIntegrations Create Secure Payment Solution
- Dr. Gordon Isbell, III, Past Chair American Dental Association, ADPAC Board Appointed Co-Chairman OCI Dental Advisory Board
- Dot Cromwell Drops "Ghost Ride" to Kickoff Monthly Releases
- Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms Announces Atlanta Enters Phase II of Reopening Plan and Issues Administrative Order to Develop Guidelines for City Actions
- Lineus Medical Completes $1.25M Series B Tranche 1
- Ignite Entrepreneurs Initiative to Empower Chicagoland's Entrepreneurs
- WMA Foundation Helps California Mobile Home Owners
- Kristen Baird® Jewelry Selected by GlobalGiving As Red Backpack Fund Recipient