- Macon: Clean Streets Matter Community Cleanup this weekend!
- Macon: Booker T. Washington Community Center reopens to serve the public
- Indiana Roadside Markers on YouTube
55 Trinity Avenue, Suite 2500 • Atlanta, Georgia 30303
Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms Announces Release of First Progress Update on One Atlanta: Housing Affordability Action Plan
ATLANTA—Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms announced the release of the first progress update on the One Atlanta: Housing Affordability Action Plan. The report highlights affordability progress made through December 2020 by the Administration, Atlanta Housing, Invest Atlanta, Metro Atlanta Land Bank and Atlanta BeltLine, Inc. The One Atlanta: Housing Affordability Action Plan was released in June of 2019. The report also includes a snapshot of the City's efforts to serve Atlanta residents and businesses impacted by COVID-19.
"While our work is not done, our Administration and partners have made great progress on housing equity in Atlanta," said Mayor Bottoms. "Our efforts on housing affordability—especially for legacy residents—must be just as deliberate as the discriminatory and redlining efforts made by those who created the challenges we face. Together, we can create an Atlanta where opportunity and upward mobility is within everyone's reach."
More on Georgia Chron
- Georgia Administers 5 Million COVID-19 Vaccines
- Georgia: TeamViewer to Open Atlanta Office to Support Enterprise Software Customer Growth
- Virios Therapeutics, Inc. Interview to Air on Bloomberg Television U.S. on the RedChip Money Report
- Singer, Songwriter, Pianist, Isabel Marcheselli Garners Generous Grant Support
- CAMS and Integral Sell Remaining Parcels of Former GM Plant Site
In just the second year of the six-year plan, the City has launched more than 65% of the actions detailed in the plan. Since January of 2018, the City and its agencies have committed and invested more than $497 million in the creation and preservation of 6,007 affordable homes. In 2020, $22 million was dedicated to emergency housing assistance efforts in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. The City also created an anti-displacement tax fund set to launch in 2021 to assist legacy residents to remain in their homes. Additionally, the City launched the Housing Affordability Tracker—the City's first inter-agency dashboard that reflects investments made in affordable housing, increasing transparency and accountability. The City also aligned the One Atlanta Economic Mobility Strategy with the Housing Affordability Action Plan to take a holistic approach to address economic and housing challenges.
Last month, the Mayor signed legislation enacting into law her Executive Order to invest $50 million in new bond funding and setting the stage for $100 million in housing opportunity bonds.
More on Georgia Chron
- International Fine and Decorative Art Auction April 24-25
- #1 Billboard Jazz Artist Ski Johnson to Release 10th Studio Album and Tell All Movie
- NBMBAA® Names Shawn Graham as Chief Financial Officer
- PocketSuite Partners With ShearShare to Help Stylists Boost Business
- The Anderson Group Real Estate Services' New Concierge Program Aims To Help Nashville-area Homeowners Sell For Top Dollar
The One Atlanta: Housing Affordability Action Plan Progress Report can be viewed online here.
For more information about the City of Atlanta, please visit www.atlantaga.gov or watch City Channel 26. Follow the City of Atlanta on Facebook and Twitter @CityofAtlanta.
Latest on Georgia Chron
- CareerEco Announces Queue Feature—A Candidate Waitlist Optimization Tool
- Mencom Introduces New 1 3/8" PMIN Power Series Field Wireable Connectors
- Georgia: Gov. Kemp: $8.43 Billion, 24,000+ Jobs from Economic Development Projects During First Three Quarters of Fiscal Year
- Georgia: Applications Open for Families of Children with Special Needs Reimbursement
- Winners of Leopold's Ice Cream 11th Annual Creative Writing Challenge Honored at City Hall
- Anthology of Award-Winning Books Explores Global Concerns in a Child-friendly Format
- Paradigm Technology Group Joins The Evolve IP Partner Program
- Delirious Comedy Club Presents Pauly Shore Every Friday Night In April
- PADT Named EOS Metal 3D Printing Distribution Partner Across the Southwest, Expanding its Established Additive Manufacturing Products Offering
- Deb Hoffmann, Guinness World Record Holder for Largest Winnie the Pooh Collection, Shatters 20,000-Item Ceiling
- Histria Books announces the release of Molly – A Love Story to help support animal shelters
- Alithya Sponsors Executive Financial Services Survey on Digital Transformation
- Carter's Launches First Children's Clothing Recycling Program With TerraCycle®
- Author's Stunning Coming of Age Novel Wins Multiple Literary Awards
- Cyble Appoints Maxim Mitrokhin, Ex-MD Kaspersky Lab, to Expand Footprint in Apac
- JetQuay Launches Private Swab Test Facility, Halves Custom Clearance Timing
- Rollins, Inc. Board Director Henry B. Tippie To Retire
- Vision Zero: New 25 mph Speed Limit Signs Installed Across Atlanta
- Georgia: First Lady Marty Kemp, Attorney General Chris Carr Release New PSA
- National Association of Tax Professionals hires new manager of state chapter activity