Smith has 15 years of experience in the talent acquisition industry, working in operational and leadership roles across Europe and the Asia Pacific region. He currently manages the dual responsibilities of leading Randstad Sourceright EMEA and the Randstad UK operating company out of his post in Amsterdam.
Henderson will oversee the transition as CEO of Randstad Sourceright until the end of the year, at which point Smith will relocate to the U.S. and will report directly to Henderson. Henderson will continue to serve as CEO of Randstad Global Businesses and Randstad Executive Board Member.
"We are thrilled to announce the appointment of Michael as our new global CEO," said Henderson. "Michael has been an asset to our organization since the beginning of his career. He has consistently looked for ways to strengthen our culture of innovation and learning, has led and developed teams across diverse cultural backgrounds, and has elevated growth opportunities across the Randstad Group. I am excited to see where he takes Randstad Sourceright and can't wait to welcome him to his new role."
More on Georgia Chron
- CEO Coaching International Congratulates Yosemite Pathology Group on Recent Acquisition
- Hurricane Zeta crossing Georgia, more than 550,000 customers without power
- Life and Times of Alex Esguerra, Now Officially on Paperback
- "Rap Snacks" a solo art and design exhibition by KingPop
- Nine Sandfly Businesses Plan Nov 7 Fundraiser to Restore From Fire
In his role as CEO, Smith will continue to elevate Randstad Sourceright's customer value propositions, seek out ongoing areas for differentiation and embed change through investment in business transformation technology.
"Working with Randstad for the past decade, I have the great privilege of working every day with the most capable people in the talent industry...people who help make our organization the success that it is today," said Smith. "I'm humbled by the opportunity to serve as the next global CEO and excited to take on the challenges that this role will bring. I look forward to continuing to work with our teams across the world to create an even more customer-centric business, and deliver a stand-out experience for our clients and employees."
Smith will assume both the duties of current Randstad Sourceright CEO Rebecca Henderson and Bob Lopes, group president of Randstad North America. Lopes, who has been with Randstad Sourceright since 2014, began his new position as Chief Human Resources Officer of Randstad North America on October 1.
To replace Smith in Randstad UK's office, Victoria (Vicky) Short will become the CEO of Randstad UK, effective January 1, 2021. Short began her career with Randstad over 20 years ago in Randstad's Business Support division in the United Kingdom. After almost a decade growing this business, she oversaw the Randstad Care and Student Support businesses, later expanding her leadership to include the Education portfolio.
More on Georgia Chron
- IHG Hotels & Resorts shares new data showing sports and entertainment leading the comeback for group travel
- Haddonfield NJ Zoning Board Approves Real Estate Office Lounge in Retail Zone on Kings Highway
- The Christian Gospel radio industry treks in for the 4th annual Spin Awards from across the country
- Intern Pursuit Receives Investment From The 5th Floor Avalon Innovation Center Fund
- Equifax and Urjanet Named LendIt Fintech "Most Promising Partnership"
Additional European appointments include the promotion of current executive vice president of Sales for Randstad Sourceright EMEA, Rachid Schmitz, to managing director of Continental Europe and Strategic Sales. Schmitz will lead operations in Continental Europe and drive Randstad Sourceright's efforts in Strategic Sales and Professional Services across the region.
David Vincent, Randstad Sourceright's managing director of UK & Ireland, will also have his role expanded to include the key responsibility of aligning Randstad Sourceright's EMEA strategy with the expertise of the firm's global functional teams across Finance, HR, Legal and Marketing.
About Randstad Sourceright
Randstad Sourceright is a global talent solutions leader, driving the talent acquisition and human capital management strategies for the world's most successful employers. We empower these companies by leveraging a Human Forward strategy that balances the use of innovative technologies with expert insights, supporting both organizations and people in realizing their true potential.
As an operating company of Randstad N.V. – the world's leading global provider of HR services – Randstad Sourceright continuously builds and evolves talent solutions through recruitment process outsourcing (RPO), managed services programs (MSP) and total talent strategies. Read more at randstadsourceright.com.
SOURCE Randstad Sourceright
Filed Under: Business
Latest on Georgia Chron
- Georgia Power prepared for Tropical Storm Zeta
- Maven Announces Expansion Plans With New USA Partner
- Wardlaw Claims Service and SelectMethods Announce Innovative Joint Venture to Redefine the Policyholder Experience
- Gwinnett Clean & Beautiful Preps for Socially Distanced America Recycles Day
- Green Bee Buzzes Into Whole Foods Market's Mid-Atlantic Region
- OpsVeda 9.0 focuses on agility and automation needs of enterprises in the post-Covid era
- Georgia: Toyota Industries Compressor Parts America Announces Jackson County Expansion
- A Comprehensive Discussion at Offshorecorptalk.com Reveals Anonymous Cryptocurrencies
- Entrinsik Dominates in BARC – BI & Analytics 2021 Survey
- Georgia: Gov. Kemp Applauds Confirmation of U.S. Supreme Court Justice Amy Coney Barrett
- Tryp Technologies Inc Launching Delivery Service, TripDelivers in Nashville, TN
- Americans Bombarded by 9.4 Billion Political Robocalls This Year, Says Nomorobo Report
- Supreme Court Justice Amy Coney Barrett Bobblehead Figure Released
- Precision Wins US HHS HubZone Showcase #3 SPOTLIGHT
- Colleen Burns Shares Advice With Busy Moms on Tips on TV Blog
- Georgia: Kemp Names 14 Appointments
- Taylor Morrison Wins Gold for HomeAid Partnership
- The Coca-Cola Company Announces Sustainability Presentation
- Southern Company Recognized As Nation's Most Transparent Utility
- Marc Ganzi, CEO of Colony Capital, Announced as a Keynote at The Connected Virtual Tech Event November 16th 2020