"On behalf of the thousands of people making thousands of good decisions every day at Southern Company, we are pleased to receive this distinction from FORTUNE as a leader in our industry and one of the World's Most Admired Companies," said Southern Company chairman, president & CEO Tom Fanning. "At Southern Company, we operate at all times knowing how we do our jobs – the behaviors we exhibit with customers and each other – is just as important as what we do. Our uncompromising values – Safety First, Unquestionable Trust, Superior Performance and Total Commitment – ensure we put the needs of those we serve at the center of everything we do and govern our business for the benefit of all."
Southern Company is privileged to provide the clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy customers depend on to live, work and play. Southern Company has been entrusted with an enormous responsibility and operates its businesses accordingly. For more than a century, the company has been building the future of energy and developing the full portfolio of energy resources required to drive growth and prosperity. Southern Company and its subsidiaries recognize the responsibility that comes with a privilege to develop energy solutions and are steadfast in the commitment to customers, neighbors and communities.
More on Georgia Chron
- Georgia: Outdoor Network Announces Headquarters Expansion, New Advanced Manufacturing Facility in Albany
- The MOTIVATE US webinar series is about to start
- Loyal Announces $12.5 Million Round Led by Concord Health Partners
- 28-Year-Old Magical Nights of Lights Gives Way to Something New
- BeBop Sensors' Forte Data Glove Adds Haptic Interaction Support for Oculus 2 and Unreal Engine
FORTUNE collaborated with management consulting firm Korn Ferry on this survey of corporate reputation. They began with a group of about 1,500 candidates: the 1,000 largest U.S. companies by revenue, along with non-U.S. companies in FORTUNE's Global 500 database that have revenues of $10 billion or more. To determine the best-regarded companies in 52 industries, Korn Ferry asked executives, directors and analysts to rate enterprises in their own industry on nine criteria, from investment value and quality of management and products to social responsibility and ability to attract talent. A company's score must rank in the top half of its industry survey to be listed.
To learn more about FORTUNE's 2020 World's Most Admired Companies list visit:
About Southern Company
Southern Company (NYSE: SO) is nationally recognized as a leading energy company, with 46,000 megawatts of generating capacity and 1,500 billion cubic feet of combined natural gas consumption and throughput volume serving 9 million customers through its subsidiaries as of December 31, 2017. We operate nearly 200,000 miles of electric transmission and distribution lines and more than 80,000 miles of natural gas pipeline as of December 31, 2017. The company provides clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy through electric operating companies in four states, natural gas distribution companies in four states, a competitive generation company serving wholesale customers in 11 states across America and a nationally recognized provider of customized energy solutions, as well as fiber optics and wireless communications. Southern Company brands are known for excellent customer service, high reliability and affordable prices that are below the national average. Through an industry-leading commitment to innovation, Southern Company and its subsidiaries are creating new products and services for the benefit of customers. We are building the future of energy by developing the full portfolio of energy resources, including carbon-free nuclear, advanced carbon capture technologies, natural gas, renewables, energy efficiency and storage technology. Southern Company has been named by the U.S. Department of Defense and G.I. Jobs magazine as a top military employer, recognized among the Top 50 Companies for Diversity and the No. 1 Company for Progress by DiversityInc and designated as one of America's Best Employers by Forbes magazine. Visit our website at www.southerncompany.com.
More on Georgia Chron
- LYRIC names Toni Newman as New Interim Executive Director and Jodi Schwartz as President
- BitRouter Announces Dihedral Software Release for its ATSC3pro Receiver at NAB Show New York
- Beazer Homes USA, Inc. to Webcast Its Fourth Quarter and Full Year Fiscal 2020 Financial Results Conference Call on November 12, 2020
- Braeden Lichti - What's Next for the Healthcare Sector?
- Are You Taking Your Health Seriously?
SOURCE Southern Company
Filed Under: Business
Latest on Georgia Chron
- The Joseph Company International Announces Expansion of Self-Chilling / Chill On Demand™ Packaging Innovations
- C&D | The Agency to Launch with #ExerciseYourRights Voter Education Initiative
- Itero Group LLC Fortune 100 Best Small Company
- Search Discovery Announces Launch of Apollo: The World's First Analytics Management System
- The Business Conference for Women of Color, MogulCon, Celebrates 5 Years
- PSXDigital Unveils Marketing Automation 360 to Accelerate Powersports Dealership Success
- Artelon Expands Leadership in Ankle Stability with FLEXBAND™ SOLO and ATL Anchoring Systems
- SENTA Partners Completes 3rd Affiliation in Two Months Through Partnership With Valdosta ENT
- Rockbrash Promotions Announces French Edition Release of My Brother, Muhammad Ali
- The new version 2.0 - OffshoreCorpTalk got an upgrade!
- Chip Wade on Home Improvement Projects for Fall on Tips on TV Blog
- FocalPoint Welcomes Certified Business Coach Jason Goldberg
- Atlanta: Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms Creates Anti-Displacement Tax Fund to Strengthen Homeownership for Legacy Residents
- Alfred Street Baptist Church Donates Over $ 1 Million to Community-Based Organizations & National Nonprofits Through Their Tithe the Tithe Initiative
- Boys & Girls Clubs Of America To Host Racial Equity & Social Justice Virtual Town Hall Tuesday
- Buy Website Traffic - Get Targeted Quality Traffic - Real Human Website Traffic
- Carter's, Inc. to Report Third Quarter Fiscal 2020 Results on Friday, October 23, 2020
- Brushwood Media Group Presents "Awaken with Tim & Shannon"
- National School Bus Safety Week (Oct. 19–23) Promotes Safety Aspects of Yellow School Bus
- PicPocket-Labs, Inc. receives Notice of Allowance for US and Chinese patent applications for geofence-based drone control