"On behalf of the thousands of people making thousands of good decisions every day at Southern Company, we are pleased to receive this distinction from FORTUNE as a leader in our industry and one of the World's Most Admired Companies," said Southern Company chairman, president & CEO Tom Fanning. "At Southern Company, we operate at all times knowing how we do our jobs – the behaviors we exhibit with customers and each other – is just as important as what we do. Our uncompromising values – Safety First, Unquestionable Trust, Superior Performance and Total Commitment – ensure we put the needs of those we serve at the center of everything we do and govern our business for the benefit of all."
Southern Company is privileged to provide the clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy customers depend on to live, work and play. Southern Company has been entrusted with an enormous responsibility and operates its businesses accordingly. For more than a century, the company has been building the future of energy and developing the full portfolio of energy resources required to drive growth and prosperity. Southern Company and its subsidiaries recognize the responsibility that comes with a privilege to develop energy solutions and are steadfast in the commitment to customers, neighbors and communities.
More on Georgia Chron
- The Amazing Acro-cats Video Release!
- Community First Health Plans Announces Theresa Scepanski as President and Chief Executive Officer
- Former celebrity assistant authors memoir on life catering to A-list talent
- Reagan Keeter's Misery Rock Tests What One Woman Will Do to Keep Herself and Her Daughter Safe
- ICYMI: Georgia's Strong Economic Recovery
FORTUNE collaborated with management consulting firm Korn Ferry on this survey of corporate reputation. They began with a group of about 1,500 candidates: the 1,000 largest U.S. companies by revenue, along with non-U.S. companies in FORTUNE's Global 500 database that have revenues of $10 billion or more. To determine the best-regarded companies in 52 industries, Korn Ferry asked executives, directors and analysts to rate enterprises in their own industry on nine criteria, from investment value and quality of management and products to social responsibility and ability to attract talent. A company's score must rank in the top half of its industry survey to be listed.
To learn more about FORTUNE's 2020 World's Most Admired Companies list visit:
About Southern Company
Southern Company (NYSE: SO) is nationally recognized as a leading energy company, with 46,000 megawatts of generating capacity and 1,500 billion cubic feet of combined natural gas consumption and throughput volume serving 9 million customers through its subsidiaries as of December 31, 2017. We operate nearly 200,000 miles of electric transmission and distribution lines and more than 80,000 miles of natural gas pipeline as of December 31, 2017. The company provides clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy through electric operating companies in four states, natural gas distribution companies in four states, a competitive generation company serving wholesale customers in 11 states across America and a nationally recognized provider of customized energy solutions, as well as fiber optics and wireless communications. Southern Company brands are known for excellent customer service, high reliability and affordable prices that are below the national average. Through an industry-leading commitment to innovation, Southern Company and its subsidiaries are creating new products and services for the benefit of customers. We are building the future of energy by developing the full portfolio of energy resources, including carbon-free nuclear, advanced carbon capture technologies, natural gas, renewables, energy efficiency and storage technology. Southern Company has been named by the U.S. Department of Defense and G.I. Jobs magazine as a top military employer, recognized among the Top 50 Companies for Diversity and the No. 1 Company for Progress by DiversityInc and designated as one of America's Best Employers by Forbes magazine. Visit our website at www.southerncompany.com.
More on Georgia Chron
- Top Reasons to Shop Online for All Special Occasion Gowns
- Visionary Entrepreneur and Education Pioneer Cliff Oxford Releases A Redneck Reverie: The Rationale for the Trump Phenomenon
- AUA College of Medicine Partners with Fisk University
- Permian Museum Adds Gallery of Unknown Life Forms
- U.S. Justice Department, SEC, IRS and Judges Discuss Cross-Border Fraud Litigation at Virtual Fraud, Asset Tracing & Recovery Forum Next Month
SOURCE Southern Company
Filed Under: Business
Latest on Georgia Chron
- Georgia: Kemp Names 17 Appointments
- Georgia Unemployment Rate Falls to 5.6%, Beats National Average
- The Black Women's Roundtable "Take It To The Top Entrepreneurship Challenge" for Black Women & Girls
- Mango Animate Unveils an Animation Maker for Everyone
- Georgia: Sports Beverage Company BANG ENERGY to Open First Southeastern Manufacturing and Distribution Facility in Lithia Springs
- 'Sensual' is Out and Fans Go Ecstatic Seeing Heather Fay at Her Best
- Cygnus Capital, Inc. Issues Open Letter To Stockholders Of Ashford Hospitality Trust, Inc.
- Wild Weekend Planned for Int'l Wild Bunch Film Fest in Willcox Arizona, Oct 2/4
- AUA announces Master of Public Health Collaboration with FIU Stempel College to allow students to pursue both medical and public health degrees
- AcadianKitchens.com Launches With Free Shipping on the Best Cajun Food in the Country
- Tiny Tots and Tikes Brings Inspiration to Black and Brown Children Everywhere By Launching Wall Decals That Look Like Them
- Leopold's Ice Cream Unveils Special Flavor to Benefit United Way
- Georgia: Kemp Announces Chief of Staff's Departure
- A New Affordable Way to Cut Ties With Your Electric Company
- Emerald Escapes Receives the 2020 Best of Spring Texas Award
- DeskProto® releases free CAM software for Linux
- Georgia: Papa John's Selects Metro Atlanta as Location of a New Global Headquarters
- Evolve IP Integrates Business Messaging Into Microsoft Teams; Enhances Microsoft's Direct Routing Solution
- BeBop Sensors & Talon Simulations Awarded Epic MegaGrant to develop a haptic glove-driven, full-motion VR trainer built for the Unreal Engine
- Eric Rudnick MD FAAD Returns to Boca Raton Hometown to Open Dazzling Dermatology