"On behalf of the thousands of people making thousands of good decisions every day at Southern Company, we are pleased to receive this distinction from FORTUNE as a leader in our industry and one of the World's Most Admired Companies," said Southern Company chairman, president & CEO Tom Fanning. "At Southern Company, we operate at all times knowing how we do our jobs – the behaviors we exhibit with customers and each other – is just as important as what we do. Our uncompromising values – Safety First, Unquestionable Trust, Superior Performance and Total Commitment – ensure we put the needs of those we serve at the center of everything we do and govern our business for the benefit of all."
Southern Company is privileged to provide the clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy customers depend on to live, work and play. Southern Company has been entrusted with an enormous responsibility and operates its businesses accordingly. For more than a century, the company has been building the future of energy and developing the full portfolio of energy resources required to drive growth and prosperity. Southern Company and its subsidiaries recognize the responsibility that comes with a privilege to develop energy solutions and are steadfast in the commitment to customers, neighbors and communities.
More on Georgia Chron
- Cardinal Point Homeland Security Group - First Company Authorized in Pennsylvania to Provide School Security Personnel Training
- Join The Adventure As Playful Puffins Encounter Fire And Ice
- CEO Coaching International Congratulates Client Danny Wimmer Presents on Major Investment from The Yucaipa Companies
- Macon: ECD Department holding workshop for HOME, CDHO funds
- Black Dads Count Launches "Statistically Speaking" for "Hard to Count" in Atlanta
FORTUNE collaborated with management consulting firm Korn Ferry on this survey of corporate reputation. They began with a group of about 1,500 candidates: the 1,000 largest U.S. companies by revenue, along with non-U.S. companies in FORTUNE's Global 500 database that have revenues of $10 billion or more. To determine the best-regarded companies in 52 industries, Korn Ferry asked executives, directors and analysts to rate enterprises in their own industry on nine criteria, from investment value and quality of management and products to social responsibility and ability to attract talent. A company's score must rank in the top half of its industry survey to be listed.
To learn more about FORTUNE's 2020 World's Most Admired Companies list visit:
About Southern Company
Southern Company (NYSE: SO) is nationally recognized as a leading energy company, with 46,000 megawatts of generating capacity and 1,500 billion cubic feet of combined natural gas consumption and throughput volume serving 9 million customers through its subsidiaries as of December 31, 2017. We operate nearly 200,000 miles of electric transmission and distribution lines and more than 80,000 miles of natural gas pipeline as of December 31, 2017. The company provides clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy through electric operating companies in four states, natural gas distribution companies in four states, a competitive generation company serving wholesale customers in 11 states across America and a nationally recognized provider of customized energy solutions, as well as fiber optics and wireless communications. Southern Company brands are known for excellent customer service, high reliability and affordable prices that are below the national average. Through an industry-leading commitment to innovation, Southern Company and its subsidiaries are creating new products and services for the benefit of customers. We are building the future of energy by developing the full portfolio of energy resources, including carbon-free nuclear, advanced carbon capture technologies, natural gas, renewables, energy efficiency and storage technology. Southern Company has been named by the U.S. Department of Defense and G.I. Jobs magazine as a top military employer, recognized among the Top 50 Companies for Diversity and the No. 1 Company for Progress by DiversityInc and designated as one of America's Best Employers by Forbes magazine. Visit our website at www.southerncompany.com.
More on Georgia Chron
- Georgia: Toyota Financial Services to Establish New Service Center in Alpharetta, Create 150 Jobs
- Helms College to Launch New Culinary Degree
- SportsBets.Crypto Ethereum Blockchain Crowdsale Now Live
- Transit Screen Software, TransitAccess™, Goes Greener with Car Charging Stations
- Turnkey business opportunity hotel in Historic District of Lanesboro
SOURCE Southern Company
Filed Under: Business
Latest on Georgia Chron
- Digital Media Solutions Pledges To Become Carbon Negative In 2020
- Macadamian to host AI in Healthcare webinar with Microsoft Canada's National Chief Data Scientist
- Caribbean American Cultural Arts Foundation Chairman Celebrates the Life & Legacy of His Mom
- One Park Financial Celebrates "Grovie Wellness Day"
- Luh Dino Takes Over 300 DTLR Stores & Road to CIAA Step Show College Tour
- Contify Launches a Brand-New Mobile Experience with the Advanced Features of its Market and Competitive Intelligence Platform
- Zezgo Rent A Car the high-quality rental brand commences service in the Dominican Republic
- Symplast CPO Izhak Musli to Present "Maximize Your Sales Process" at the 2020 American-Brazilian Aesthetic Meeting (ABAM)
- Federal Tax Credit for Rinnai America Corporation Customers
- Triangle Real Estate Group CEO Makes Top 25 List, Earns Industry Distinction With Real Estate Franchise Brand Leader
- Curly's Caffeinated Water Debuts at 250+ H-E-B Stores To Change How People Hydrate and Energize
- Whitney Lowery Named Executive Director of the Lowcountry Down Syndrome Society
- Safe Systems Named to Atlanta Business Chronicle's List of Georgia's 20 Largest Fintech Companies
- William E. Lewis Jr & Associates announces the formation of a credit repair component
- NATP announces its annual 2020 Tax Forums and Expo
- Airforwarders Association Testifies at U.S. Senate Committee Hearing
- Peerplays Blockchain Standards Association Makes Investment Play in Education Game Startup
- Medicom Health Partners with Houston Hospital System to Help Patients Save on Prescription Costs
- Peer Executive Adds Industry Leader, Josh Nickell, To The Board
- Atlanta: Statement on Passing of Judge Elaine Carlisle