Trending...
SAVANNAH, Ga. - GeorgiaChron -- St. Vincent's 1845 Foundation, in partnership with Oliver Maner, one of Savannah's most prestigious law firms, recently hosted the 2nd annual St. Vincent's Academy Nun Run.

The fun-filled 5K wound its way through the majestic oaks along the interior of Daffin Park in Midtown Savannah. While not required, participants were encouraged to dress in a nun's habit for a touch of thematic fun, with prizes awarded for the 'Most Creative Habits.'

Honoring the legacy and contributions of the Sisters of Mercy in Savannah, proceeds from the race benefited the ongoing preservation and restoration of the historic 1845 Convent of St. Vincent de Paul, located on the St. Vincent's Academy campus.

The Convent of St. Vincent de Paul is one of Savannah's most historic and notable structures adjacent to The Cathedral Basilica of St. John the Baptist. The 1845 building is marked on the National Register of Historic Places.

More on Georgia Chron
Again this year, Oliver Maner was the Title Sponsor of the Nun Run with four Partners of the firm, Robert Schivera, Bryan Schivera, Paul Threlkeld and George Major, Jr., making individual gifts in support of the race.

The participation of Oliver Maner creates an ideal pairing, as the law firm's Savannah roots go back to 1897, and their commitment to the Savannah community and the Sisters of Mercy are ongoing endeavors.

"We at Oliver Maner take great pride in our Savannah heritage," said Robert Schivera, a partner at Oliver Maner. "The 1845 Convent is cornerstone of our city's heritage, and we are honored to continue our sponsorship of the Nun Run. We enjoyed everyone joining the fun and making the Nun Run a lasting tradition."

Established in 1845 by the Sisters of Mercy, the 1845 Convent was home to generations of Sisters who served both the adjoining school and the community. Hundreds of Sisters resided in the convent over the years, accomplishing many amazing things in Savannah and providing mission-oriented work. They educated, boarded and housed students and orphans. They helped establish the parochial schools in Georgia, locally staffing Cathedral Day School, Nativity and Blessed Sacrament Schools. The Sisters nursed wounded Civil War soldiers, staffed Forest City Marine Hospital, and founded St. Joseph's Hospital (now St. Joseph's/Candler) and St. Mary's Orphanage. They made historic contributions to the city in the fields of education, medicine and pastoral care. St. Vincent's graduates continue in their path. Through the years, parts of the convent were adapted to accommodate the growing need for academic classrooms and enhanced educational spaces.

More on Georgia Chron
To learn more, visit https://ceciliarussomarketing.com/st-vincents-1845-foundation-and-oliver-maner-proudly-present-the-2nd-annual-st-vincents-nun-run/

Source: Cecilia Russo Marketing

Show All News | Report Violation

0 Comments