- Robert T. Ball, Jr., MD Honored with ReadyCommunities Partnership/CCROA 2020 National Service Award For Leadership in SC Communities Amidst Pandemic
- The Gift Insider Shares Gift Ideas With TipsOnTV Blog
- Roto-Rooter of Savannah Supports Xcel Strategies Mentoring Program
"From Day One of our fight with COVID-19, we have been laser-focused on protecting the lives and livelihoods of hardworking Georgians in every corner of our state," said Governor Kemp. "This additional funding will help build on those efforts, providing critical to our workforce as they face a once-in-a-century economic crisis due to the pandemic. Working together with our partners at TCSG and the Georgia Department of Labor, we will continue to work around the clock to support Georgia's business community and workforce, and do our part to ensure a safe return to the workplace as we move forward together."
Dislocated Worker Grants are discretionary grants awarded by the U.S. Department of Labor. The grants provide resources to states in response to large, unexpected layoff events that cause significant job losses – all with the purpose of re-employing laid-off workers and enhancing their employability and earnings. Like surrounding states, Georgia has experienced significant layoffs and closures due to COVID-19. The state continues to make progress on getting Georgians back to work with the current unemployment rate at 6.4 percent, well below the national average and down from its peak in April of 2020.
More on Georgia Chron
- Fellini In Action, 8 1/2 Set Photography by Paul Ronald Exhibit
- Bells & Balls in the Bottoms Ring In Kansas City's West Bottoms Holiday Weekends
- City of Atlanta Announces Housing Affordability, Racial Equity Initiative
- Foundation Offers FREE Workshop To Motivate Black Male Students After Tumultuous 2020
- PulteGroup Increases Quarterly Cash Dividend by 17% to $0.14 Per Share
"We understood right away that our workforce would face significant challenges as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic," said TCSG Commissioner Greg Dozier. "The Dislocated Worker Grant served as a timely response to those challenges, and this additional funding will help WorkSource Georgia and our partners at the Georgia Department of Labor continue assisting individuals that are preparing to re-enter the workforce."
"These grant funds are going to help improve the lives of people in our state struggling during this pandemic," said Georgia Department of Labor Commissioner Mark Butler. "GDOL will use this grant to work with local school districts to connect them with the employees they need to help mitigate the spread of COVID-19."
Training services are now available to eligible individuals, statewide. Click here to complete the initial application to receive job training and upskilling services provided by WorkSource Georgia. To learn more, please visit TCSG's webpage on COVID-19 Employment & Training Assistance.
More on Georgia Chron
- Juvare Achieves AWS Public Safety & Disaster Response Competency
- City of Atlanta Sets Record with Eighth Consecutive Perfect Score on Human Rights Campaign's Municipal Equality Index
- Ammunition and Skilled Labor Fund Launch Disruptive New Ad Campaign "The Future Won't Build Itself"
- Scott Wakeman Discusses the Impact of Hip-Hop Star Power on Brand Building
- Top Canadian Business Leader Joins CEO Coaching International
About the Technical College System of Georgia
The 22 colleges of the Technical College System of Georgia (TCSG) are Georgia's top resource for skilled workers. TCSG offers world-class training in 600 associate degree, diploma and certificate programs to students who are trained on state-of-the-art equipment by instructors who are experts in their fields. The system also houses Georgia's Office of Adult Education, which promotes and provides adult literacy and education programs, including the GED testing program, throughout the state. In addition, TCSG partners with companies through Quick Start, the nation's top customized workforce training program, and through its individual colleges, who work with local industry to provide workforce and training solutions. For more information, visit TCSG.edu.
Latest on Georgia Chron
- New Community Resource Dubbed 'Healthy Hub' Was Unveiled at Lake Mayer Park
- Equifax Introduces Response CONFIDENCE to Drive More Confident Decisions in Pandemic Economy
- 'Bounce Back to Success' hits Amazon Best-Seller List
- Synovus Announces Quarterly Dividends
- Berkshire Hathaway Homeservices Hilton Head Bluffton Realty Taps Christina Galbreath-Gonzalez To Lead Bluffton Office
- Australian Artist seeks 4 Million USD in damages from Bollywood
- Reigning National Football League's DPOY, Stephon Gilmore, Hand Writes a Note to his Five-Year Old Son, Addressing Why "Black Lives Matter"
- Angel Oak Dynamic Financial Strategies Income Term Trust Declares December 2020 Distribution
- Governor Kemp Appoints Judge Shawn Ellen LaGrua to Georgia Supreme Court
- Ideabar Awards $250K of In-Kind Services to The King Center through Empowering Equality Marketing Program
- City of Atlanta Enters Bid to Host the 2026 FIFA World Cup
- Clearwater Living Certified as a Great Place to Work®
- Invesco Dynamic Credit Opportunities Fund, Invesco High Income Trust II and Invesco Senior Income Trust Declare Dividends
- City of Atlanta to Open Warming Center Tuesday Ahead of Frigid Weather
- City of Atlanta Expands Housing Relief to City Residents Affected by COVID-19
- Georgia: Gov. Kemp Honors Service to Arts and Humanities
- American Homebuilders of West Africa Announces further expansion in Guinea
- TripDelivers Announces Today Partnering with Ghost Kitchen Brands of Canada and Ghost Kitchens USA
- Who Inspired Me the Most? Learn what I (Harry Javer) learned from Successful Top Entrepreneurs, Artists, & Celebrities I met with